• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pledges, schools, and allegiance.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
In my school, they never required anyone to ever prayer or say the pledge. But if it was being done, it was asked that you remain quiet.
Although my school also will kick someone out of the gym where the home comming spirit bs is held, and send them to the cafeteria if they don't stand during the school song, cheering, and whatever else went on.

blackout

Violet.
In my school, they never required anyone to ever prayer or say the pledge. But if it was being done, it was asked that you remain quiet.
Although my school also will kick someone out of the gym where the home comming spirit bs is held, and send them to the cafeteria if they don't stand during the school song, cheering, and whatever else went on.

Aparantely they've downsized and localized their need/requirement for allegiance. lol.

You must "Invoke" the skool "Spirit"....
or face banishment. lulz.

So glad to hear the Pledge is not seen as a mandatory thing at your school.
It certainly shouldn't be.
Perhaps I am making things out to be worse in my mind than they really are.
or not.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'm thinkin' it might be fun to put a "spell" on it...
re-"cast" it...

"I fudge allegiance to the flag of the united states of america"...etc etc...

lol. That rather fixes the whole thing. don't it. :D
(maybe I should've been a ninja after all...)
I once heard a rumour, likely false, that the reason "under God" was added to the Pledge of Allegiance was to stop school children from saying "One Naked Individual". :D