• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: DIR Forums

Which DIR forums did you decide to give yourself access to?

• Total voters

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
There is a thread in the intro forum here that asks which religion you are. I find several issues with that poll. It focuses on established religions and nearly 50% of people said either nonreligious or other, myself included. The DIR forums have a broader reach overall and pretty much everybody who has an opinion on these subjects are included. The problem however is, there are eleven forums for DIR and polls are restricted to ten results. While that thread is single-choice only I am going to offer the option to choose as many options as you like here, although I believe that people are generally restricted to three DIRs at once. I have decided to combine "Other Religious Movements and Practices DIR" and "Other Revealed Religions DIR" because they are so similar overall.

I am answering this poll with my three DIRs: New Religious Movements DIR, Non-Revealed Religions DIR and Pantheism-Panentheism DIR. Those are the DIRs I chose for myself a long time ago. I do post on NRM DIR and Pantheism DIR but not Non-Revealed Religions DIR. The reason why I decided to include myself in Non-Revealed Religions DIR is because my actual beliefs are the definition of a non-revealed religion, and I would say that Earthseed, if it wasn't a NRM, it would also be considered a non-revealed religion. And believing that reality is God pretty much includes non-revealed and the pantheism DIR. And I added NRM DIR for myself because Earthseed is considered a NRM and I've tried to establish my own NRM belief system that I call Exaltism, which is pretty much at this point just an off-shoot and updated version of Earthseed. Since Earthseed was made in the 1990s and my beliefs came soon after, being in NRM DIR alongside the other two just makes sense for me. In fact, the first religion pitched on Pitch your religion! on NRM DIR was in fact Earthseed.

So, if you have elected yourself to be part of one or more DIR forums, let us know which DIR forums you have chosen for yourself. Obviously this is very similar to just asking what religions you believe in, but this has a little more consequence to it, because by telling the public which DIR forums you're in we know that we contact you in those forums directly in case we don't know that yet. So of course, this will be a public poll and results will be public for everybody to see. And this could help people understand which you identify with, which is especially helpful now that with the forums update we can't see what religion you're in unless we directly go inside your profiles.

This is very similar to my political forums poll that I made last August. But instead of politics it's focused on specific religious forums instead.

TL;DR - So please, answer the poll honestly, and tell us the reasons why you answered that way. Which DIRs are you a part of and why?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Left-Hand Path Religions, Neopagan or Revival Religions, Other Religious Movements and Practices DIRs because those are the most active i can be part of. Sometimes i take off one of these and replace it with another cuz a thread in a dir interests me and I am part of that group that dir is of then after a while I may switch back to my original three. Those two dirs that fit me that I aint part of right now but occasionally switch to when a thread interests me are the syncretic one and the pantheistic one.

VoidCat

Left-Hand Path Religions, Neopagan or Revival Religions, Other Religious Movements and Practices DIRs because those are the most active i can be part of. Sometimes i take off one of these and replace it with another cuz a thread in a dir interests me and I am part of that group that dir is of then after a while I may switch back to my original three. Those two dirs that fit me that I aint part of right now but occasionally switch to when a thread interests me are the syncretic one and the pantheistic one.
I reckon new religious dir fits too cuz Rökkatru is kinda new. It's based on Norse paganism and is a branch of it but there's no historical context to worshipping most the Rökkr. But i dont really think id ever post there.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I have granted myself access to the Dharmic Religions DIR.

Though I have previously identified with other religions which have DIRs here, this is the only one which currently reflects my current views. Therefore, it's the only one I have selected.

I really would like to belong to another DIR. I've been petitioning the rest of the staff to create an "Insufferable *********" DIR, but it has yet to come to fruition. I wait patiently so I can belong to another.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Pantheism and Other Religious Practices.

Also NeoPagan DIR, but I've been considering removing myself from it, it doesn't much pertain to me.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Abrahamic and Conservative. Why? Because I'm Catholic and conservative. You shouldn't have to explain why you choose your DIR. It should be obvious.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Obviously this is very similar to just asking what religions you believe in, but this has a little more consequence to it, because by telling the public which DIR forums you're in we know that we contact you in those forums directly in case we don't know that yet.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say.
What I meant is if people don't which DIR forums you are a part of, answering this poll will clarify which ones you're in. Some people join a DIR and never post in it, like I did with Non-Revealed Religions DIR.

Abrahamic and Conservative. Why? Because I'm Catholic and conservative. You shouldn't have to explain why you choose your DIR. It should be obvious.
It is obvious yes, but some people have more reasons to be part of a DIR other than identifying with it. @VoidCat already proved to me that people join DIRs not just because they identify with the ones they choose. And of course, if we follow the rabbit hole, I could ask why you are Catholic and conservative, and what led you to believe these ideologies, but I wanted this thread to focus on DIRs directly and not the ideologies they express.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
by telling the public which DIR forums you're in we know that we contact you in those forums directly

I’m part of the Dharmic Religions DIR. Are you implying that a person who is aware of that could become part of the same DIR forum simply to interact with me there? Anybody, regardless of DIR membership, can just send me a private message if they wish to contact me directly.

What I meant is if people don't which DIR forums you are a part of, answering this poll will clarify which ones you're in.

I wonder if many users keep track of who is a member of what DIR forum.

some people have more reasons to be part of a DIR other than identifying with it.

One reason that I am part of the Dharmic Religions DIR is to interact with other followers of Dharmic religions in our own space. I like being able to interact with other Hindus, for example, without non-Dharmic people asking random questions, trying to debate with us, or even posting insulting things.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Abrahamic religion, Dharmic religion , New religious movements and Syncretic religions

Viker

Häxan
LHP, neopagan/revival and other. I don't see any reason to venture into others as the three chosen seen to cover my interests best. If I have questions or a little curiosity, there's always the interfaith question area.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Non-Theistic/Non-Religious Beliefs DIR
Plus a couple not listed on the poll but they aren't religious so ...

Ella S.

*temp banned*
The only directory I currently have access to is the Pantheism-Panentheism DIR.

I used to be more involved in other directories, but I left them and probably will not return to them. If you reply to my older posts in them, I probably won't even read it.

VoidCat

LHP, neopagan/revival and other. I don't see any reason to venture into others as the three chosen seen to cover my interests best. If I have questions or a little curiosity, there's always the interfaith question area.
Ey we got the same access