• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll- Do You Fear Death?

Do You Fear Death?

• Total voters

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I find no reason to fear it. I've been faced with death a couple of times, the last of which was about 2 years ago. I was hospitalized for quite some time, but joked about it the entire time.

Jeremiah

I think some people are, perhaps, not being fully honest with themselves. Most creatures on this planet have a fear of death and pain; it is natural selection at work and it helps a species survive. Fear of death is bred into our bones; that is what makes the human condition so unique and special, in my opinion.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I don't fear it, but still, it's something I don't want to do. Like cleaning my room. It's going to suck, but it's not going to be scary.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
My only real fear is that Euthanasia will still not be legal so I will suffer terribly in the final stages because some "Do gooder" fears for my safety. Tell him to buga off.

Cheers

chinu

chinu

May anybody say anything, But truely the clothes will be soaked with Urine that time.:D:D:D

I remembred one famous "Quote" by baba bulle shah on this"

"Bulle shah pata udoh lag si, jadoh chiri pai gai hath bajhan"

English: "O bulle shah, On that time one comes to know the truth, when the heart is grabed in the hands of death" :)

_/\_
Chinu

Muffled

Jesus in me
My only real fear is that Euthanasia will still not be legal so I will suffer terribly in the final stages because some "Do gooder" fears for my safety. Tell him to buga off.

Cheers

All you have to do is make out a living will. You can tell the doctors beforehand if you do not wish for extraordinary measures to be taken.

My mother didn't want extraordinary measures and died at home of thirst. She was too weak to take fluid and her mind was mostly gone. However at age 93 that sounds pretty close to a natural death to me.

Nerthus

Wanderlust

Cheers

I would like to have the choice for how my life ends too. Why should someone suffer because someone else believes God would not want someone to decide when their life should end?!

Muffled

Jesus in me

I am not afraid of death because there are only two possibilities 1. an afterlife 2. extinction.

The first possibility is covered by a good relationship with God. The second I won't need to worry about.

I died young in my previous life and I think that I resented that somewhat. I have since made my peace with God about it and now that I am old, I am not so sure that it is so wonderful. I like being young much better. The problem that I have with being young is the lack of wisdom. It would be great if I could have a young body and the wisdom of the ages.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
There is a very significant difference between “dying” and “being dead”, and I am not sure which one the poll refers to. Dying is often a painful experience, but being dead is certainly painless.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
As a matter of fact it is very easy to say that you don't fear death when you don't feel any danger of it happening any time soon.

So i do go with : Yes.