• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Possession as a form of reincarnation?

ppp

I believe just as I am the best evidence of God that I am the best evidence of spirituality as well.
The fact that you believe something is not that interesting. People believe all sorts of thing. What would be interesting is if you could demonstrate that said things are true, whether or not you believe them.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The fact that you believe something is not that interesting. People believe all sorts of thing. What would be interesting is if you could demonstrate that said things are true, whether or not you believe them.

I believe I am willing to pt my spirituality up against anyone else's. I pretty much figure that you are a total loser on this account.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Usually a materialist will not even consider the possibility of a spiritual explanation.

Define consider, only I have never found this claim to be true. How much do you consider the possibility that we are surrounded by invisible mermaids?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
In my experience there are few clearer indicators in any debate that someone is holding an empty bag, than when they resorts to petty ad hominem.

I've noticed that resorting to petty ad hominem is a common tactic used when Christians who don't have a valid argument to stand on. The No True Scotsman fallacy is another favorite common tactic that's often used by Christians in heated debates.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I've noticed that resorting to petty ad hominem is a common tactic used when Christians who don't have a valid argument to stand on. The No True Scotsman fallacy is another favorite common tactic that's often used by Christians in heated debates.
I believe no true Scotsman would make this post. Why bother since it adds nothing to the discourse?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I just finished reading the book: I'M Eve about a person with multiple personalities.

I believe that the personalities held temporary possession and that each spirit that entered the mind had a personality of its own.

I believe it was not demonic possession so I believe God was responsible for it since He is in control most of the time.

So this would seem to me to be reincarnation into an adult body instead of a conception. My primary reason for thinking this is that each personality had skills the others didn't. A blank slate would not come with learned skills but a person with a previous life would.

I believe the Bible has cases of Jesus casting out demons. I believe that means demonic possession is real, so why would it be far fetched that a non-demon could take possession?