• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prayers for my cat

Apple Sugar

:( I am so sorry to read of Foxy's diagnosis.

I ventured to your profile and saw your pictures.

"Sink Cat Says, I shall be healed." :shout
von-bek-albums-kitty-cat-picture5755-image-038.jpg

She's beautiful. I have a cat myself. :hug: to you both. :shout My prayers are with you. May God let his healing light surround precious Foxy and heal her of this cancer. In Jesus name Amen.

Please give her a gentle hug for me. I love cats.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Thank you! Tried to frubal you, but apparently I have given too many out in the past 24 hours! lol So, please accept a raincheck. :)

That's fine. Lol. The restrictions on frubaling can be so annoying.

I am really sorry to hear about your turtle. They are really cool beings. I remember as a kid growing up in the country, finding turtles wandering through our property. I always wanted to keep one as a pet. But, we had cats and a dog so it was difficult for me to convince my parents that we needed a turtle. (Already had a name picked out, Sir Timothy the Third. Don't ask me why, I was just a kid. There was never a Sir Timothy the First or Second either, just in case you were wondering... :))

They are very wise old creatures. He was actually older than me. I'm 25 now and he was either in his 30s or 40s. I got a new turtle a few days after he passed because I was so overcome with grief and horribly upset, so I needed a new life to turn my mind towards. She (the new turtle) will be a year old next month. She might outlive me and will probably outlive my mom!

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
When I meditate, Foxy always likes to come and lie down next to me, resting her chin on my leg. :) Often, when I begin my pre-mediation chants she will walk over, knowing that I'm about to sit. I hope to dedicate good merit that I have accrued towards her so that she may achieve a happy rebirth. I'm even considering bringing her to my monastery so the monks can perhaps bless her.

Thank you for your kindness, my friend. :namaste

That's cool. And that sounds like a nice idea.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram

When I meditate, Foxy always likes to come and lie down next to me, resting her chin on my leg. :) Often, when I begin my pre-mediation chants she will walk over, knowing that I'm about to sit. I hope to dedicate good merit that I have accrued towards her so that she may achieve a happy rebirth. I'm even considering bringing her to my monastery so the monks can perhaps bless her.

Thank you for your kindness, my friend. :namaste

What a fortunate life she has allready taken to be cared for in a Buddhist household , she will definately take a fortunate birth . my friends cat likes to go into the room where the Buddha is kept even though the door is normaly shut if she can creep in she will and will sit very upright looking up at the Buddha , we smile and think yes she will be born a Buddhist in her next life :)

Foxy too has understood the calm of meditation just by being with you , so she allready has many blessings , but if the monks would bless her this will be nice too.
maybe she to will be born as a Buddhist in her next life able to further follow the Dharma herself :)

on the subject of dedicating blessings you may of course dedicate your merit but prehaps it is wisest to continue to dedicate merit for the enlightenment of all , there will be no lessening of benifit to foxy but it is better for you to continue to direct your thought to the suffering of all .....there is greater benifit as such indescriminate dedication accrues even more merit :) ....not that we should be thinking that way ...but it does :namaste

http://www.religiousforums.com//uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

von bek

Foxy is at peace, now. We had a great decade together. So many good memories that I will carry with me through this lifetime. I pray that she has had a happy rebirth. At least I know she is free of the cancer.

I LOVE YOU, FOXY!!!

von bek

Don't know why my picture won't load. Sorry.

*ETA: Made the pic my avatar.

Last edited:

Apple Sugar

Foxy is at peace, now. We had a great decade together. So many good memories that I will carry with me through this lifetime. I pray that she has had a happy rebirth. At least I know she is free of the cancer.

I LOVE YOU, FOXY!!!
:( I'm so sorry to read of your loss. God rest you to peace precious Foxy. :shout

I had a cat that suffered tumors. I tried to find a cure and keep her with me as long as possible, but they were the cluster kind and there was no cure. Finally, when I knew she was in pain I took her to the vet and was there with her when she went into eternal sleep. Kissing her forehead and telling her I loved her while holding her paw.

They're a member of the family. It is never easy to let go . Even when it is for the best. :hug: My deepest sympathies.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

I LOVE YOU, FOXY!!!

RIP and much love to your beautiful friend, Foxy. It's good that her suffering is over. :hug:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

I LOVE YOU, FOXY!!!

I'm so sorry. Yes, may she take a happy rebirth.

I LOVE YOU, FOXY!!!
Aw man! I just heard.Im sorry dude:( I know exactly how you feel.I have lost so many pets.Cats,dogs,birds,reptiles etc.. It is always hurts. Every time I lose one to death I always think I will never find another one like the one I lost.Then comes along another character:)
Hang in there my fellow Texan.Have a nice day and cheer up. buddy:)

Rescued a new cat from the shelter, today. She is another siamese mix, around five years old. I have named her Korra, after the Avatar. I will post pics later...

Awesome! I too have recently picked up a new cat.He is about 1 years old.Black and white.He looks like Sylvester.I call him stir for short.I am glad to hear you have a new cat and are moving on.Cool!:)