• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Predestination

and I know there are going to be a lot of differences between the broad array of types of buddhism. but can anyone specify who believes, or doesn't?

ahem. that is an occupation, not a view about the world. occupations tend not to have consensus about such an issue. religions, do.
and i'd guess, no most don't seriously hahah cuz nobody really seriously believes in it in their day to day life

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
do confucians believe in predestination?
There is more than one school of Confucianism, like Neo-Confucianism.
And, what do you define as predestination?

I'm no Confucian, but I did a quick google and found this, maybe it's relevant? I dunno.

Confucius is supposed to have spoken of "the appointments of Heaven," i.e., destiny (ming) only rarely, implying a reluctance to speak of things that transcend ordinary human experience. To inquire into what has been decreed by the divine is disallowed to human beings. Likewise, Confucius would seldom speak of virtue (jen), presumably because this is an ideal unattainable by human beings and therefore not part of normal human experience. His focus is on what is easily accessible to all human beings.

Confucianism

um, I know about neoconfucian etc,. rats its the same with any religion, calvinists have predestination and methodists don't, it would almost be worthwhile to class each denomination asa seperate religion if they disagree over the very nature of the universe so. I guess, if neoconfucian does and confucian doesn;'t, let me know?