• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

predictions for the next 4 years

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Well now that it's been decided between the Douche and the Turd Sandwich what are your predictions for what's going to go on in the next 4 years? For that matter who do you think or would like to see run in 2008? Comments, concerns?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
We're all gonna die.

On a more serious note, I predict people will fight long and hard against Bush.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
G-d help us when Hillary runs in '08. Give me John McCain!!! A republican that tells the christian coalition where to stick it!

robtex

Veteran Member
two things good about Hillary Clinton though..one she doens't think with the little head (cause she has none) and two she doens't have a macho facade that makes other presidents feel an urge to Kick tail to anyone who defies them.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
robtex said:
two things good about Hillary Clinton though..one she doens't think with the little head (cause she has none) and two she doens't have a macho facade that makes other presidents feel an urge to Kick tail to anyone who defies them.
True but i look at her and think about Austin Powers, "That's not a woman thats a man baby!"

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I listened to his first speech (after the election) this morning. So much for trying to unite and heal. What a load of garbage - his words and his actions (at least on this subject) will continue to be 180 diametrically opposed.

The question will be: do the Democratics in congress that are up for re-election in two years have enough backbone to take him on, at least on the important issues, or will they sell their souls for a shot at returning to congress?

TVOR

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Also - be prepared to watch more kids die in Iraq, and pray that you don't personally know them. Then pray for the families of those kids. Or, if your Agnostic or Atheist, hope that these people can overcome the hole that is about to be seared into their hearts and lives.

And everybody get out your pocket calculator, go to the store and get new batteries, and just try to keep up with the big sign outside that tracks the deficit. Here's a hint - the number will have 12 zeroes behind it.

Think about the two items above, then try to reconcile the term "compassionate conservative".

TVOR
PS - I'd love to see a ticket in 4 years that had any combination of Colin Powell, John McCain, or Wesley Clark - no matter what party they represented. You don't think that ticket would win do you?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
The Voice of Reason said:
I listened to his first speech (after the election) this morning. So much for trying to unite and heal. What a load of garbage - his words and his actions (at least on this subject) will continue to be 180 diametrically opposed.

The question will be: do the Democratics in congress that are up for re-election in two years have enough backbone to take him on, at least on the important issues, or will they sell their souls for a shot at returning to congress?

TVOR
I think that the Democrats need to do some serious house cleaning. Did anyone catch Daily Show last night? Jon Stewart had one of the only Democrats re-elected to the senate (he's from New York but i can't remember his name) and Jon kept asking him about what things the Democrats can do to do better next time and the Senator kept saying that he feels that the Democratic party is in line with the values of most Americans. Jon Stewart looked at him and said something to the effect of "I think this elections shows that most Americans don't agree with you." and then Jon said "Doesn't this make you think that 'Wow maybe we are the Media elitists they say we are'.". I think the Democrats are going to have to seriously reevaluate what they are all about cause it didn't work this time around.

The Voice of Reason said:
PS - I'd love to see a ticket in 4 years that had any combination of Colin Powell, John McCain, or Wesley Clark - no matter what party they represented. You don't think that ticket would win do you?
I think any of those three would be a good choice and i'd vote for any of them :D They don't seem to be as full of horse crap as the rest in DC.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Jewscout -

We agree on the need for the Democrats to change their direction. I heard some talking heads on NPR today, and they were basically saying that the Dems need to move to the middle, and soon. I think that the Democratic party is held hostage by some of the extreme leftists, much as the Republicans are at the mercy of the religious right.

Powell, McCain, and Clark all understand the value of human life, while also knowing that this political rhetoric is undermining this country.

Like you, Jewscout, I would vote for them if they were Republican, Democrat, Independent, Green Party, etc.

TVOR

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't think Bush is a unifying president. So, the divisions in this country will continue.

chuck010342

well I would like to see the jews destroy the dome of the rock and rebuild the temple of Jersulem so that I can vote for the newest canidate; Jesus

:)

chuck010342

Jensa said:
I'd like to see the fanatical religious right eradicated from the face of the earth to make way for a new candidate: Reason.

:)
I'd like to see relativism, materlism, and godlessness eridaicated from the face of the earth to make way for absolutist christanity :)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
chuck010342 said:
I'd like to see relativism, materlism, and godlessness eridaicated from the face of the earth to make way for absolutist christanity :)

Wow, that's so unAmerican it makes my insides cringe a little. :)

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
id like to see fundamentalist, intolerant, facists be gone to make way for the new candidate: peace, and its candidate for vp: love.

i cant see bush anywhere in there at all.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In some ways, this election was a triumph of belief and faith over fact and reason.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Jensa said:
I agree. Maybe we're headed back into the dark ages?
I don't think we're going back to a dark age. This is a large country with a lot of diversity. There will always be enclaves of reason in this country. But I think that we are in for a lot of nonsense over the next four years -- maybe longer. As Pah says, Bush is now in a position to appoint a conservative/reactionary supreme court, and that will have effects that will certainly outlast Bush's own administration. We aren't headed for a true dark ages, Jensa, but it is sure going to look like it in some ways. For instance: We might see a shift from aggressively fighting for new rights to defensively fighting to save what rights we already have. I kind of worry, Jensa, about you being stuck in a small town in Georgia -- that might become a very uncomfortable environment for you, given your sexual orientation. Best wishes to you.