• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Joe Biden Declares Easter Sunday As Transgender Day Of Visibility

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

This is a list of observances worldwide and locally. Here's the thing....look at the reasons each day or month is honored. Not all are happy holidays.

Sure. But while I'm sure all of those are personally important to the people observing them, most aren't recognized officially by the US President or the federal government, which is what I gather @Clizby Wampuscat was talking about.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Even the American Egg Board had to get involved to debunk the fake news!

The amount of fake news, disinformation and misinformation (intentional or inadvertent) out there is staggering.
There's not much that can be done about it.

It seems its here to stay.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Why would they change the day after 14 previous years of it being on the same day?
It is an international day. How could the USA change it unilaterally.
This whole thing is fake news. Easter day rarely falls on the 31st of march so this is not a thing.
Biden neither changed the date nor Easter. It was just chance that they coincided this year, for those following the western church calendar, but not. for those following the orthodox eastern church calendar.

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
i feel sorry for America
Funny you should say that. I don't. Not all of it, anyway. Americans have a terrible problem, and not everybody is to blame, but America is the country that Americans have made it. And this comes from an American who lived there for 55 years but finally tired of it and its rotting culture.

The average American is somebody I can no longer respect. With the rise of MAGA, Handmaid's Tale Christians, and the explosion of selfish, defiant, entitled, superficial, tantrumming people - three groups for whom I have no empathy and seem to comprise about half of the population - it's pretty hard to respect America anymore.

My empathy is for the remainder. They don't deserve that.
There are problems with the sermon on the mount. Bad advice for lust, divorce and saving for your future for example.
I see the Sermon on the Mount (SOTM) as instructions to an oppressed and exploited peasantry to not rise up against their oppressors. It's not saying be courageous, loyal, industrious, etc..

Here's the message in a nutshell: Accept your miserable lot without objecting or rising up, because that's what God commands. Be longsuffering. Be meek. If the man slaps you, offer him your other cheek. Do you have enemies? Love them. Pray for them, even.

Despite calling itself a religion of love, Christianity is a religion of submission and obedience. The only path to salvation over perdition is to submit to the will of its god. Elsewhere, we read that subjects must submit to kings, slaves to slaveholders, and women to men. The SOTM is a part of that message. Stand down and allow yourselves to be controlled and exploited. Your reward will come after you die, or, if you disobey, your punishment will be severe.

Who benefits from that advice? Not the people being advised to take it. I don't consider that good advice, and I wouldn't teach my children such things. By my humanist standards, Jesus simply isn't the moral exemplar others claim. And it seems that you agree, but for different reasons.

"How can you have order in a state without religion? For, when one man is dying of hunger near another who is ill of surfeit, he cannot resign himself to this difference unless there is an authority which declares 'God wills it thus.' Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Clizby Wampuscat

I see the Sermon on the Mount (SOTM) as instructions to an oppressed and exploited peasantry to not rise up against their oppressors. It's not saying be courageous, loyal, industrious, etc..

Here's the message in a nutshell: Accept your miserable lot without objecting or rising up, because that's what God commands. Be longsuffering. Be meek. If the man slaps you, offer him your other cheek. Do you have enemies? Love them. Pray for them, even.

Despite calling itself a religion of love, Christianity is a religion of submission and obedience. The only path to salvation over perdition is to submit to the will of its god. Elsewhere, we read that subjects must submit to kings, slaves to slaveholders, and women to men. The SOTM is a part of that message. Stand down and allow yourselves to be controlled and exploited. Your reward will come after you die, or, if you disobey, your punishment will be severe.

Who benefits from that advice? Not the people being advised to take it. I don't consider that good advice, and I wouldn't teach my children such things. By my humanist standards, Jesus simply isn't the moral exemplar others claim. And it seems that you agree, but for different reasons.

"How can you have order in a state without religion? For, when one man is dying of hunger near another who is ill of surfeit, he cannot resign himself to this difference unless there is an authority which declares 'God wills it thus.' Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet." - Napoleon Bonaparte
I agree with what you said.

The SOTM can be spun to make good ideas or teachings but taken literally much of it is bad advice in my opinion.

jbg

Clearly a premeditated plan of assault on one of the most sacred days of the Christian religion! Hard to imagine the discussions around the decision that lead to this get-out-the-Trump-vote gaff!

President Joe Biden Declares Easter Sunday As Transgender Day Of Visibility

President Joe Biden Declares Easter Sunday As Transgender Day Of Visibility, Donald Trump And Caitlyn Jenner Demand Apology To Christians​

Story by Ariela Anís

President Joe Biden is sparking fury nationwide, including reactions from both Donald Trump and Caitlyn Jenner, after declaring Easter Sunday as Transgender Day of Visibility, a day of awareness to celebrate the successes of transgender and gender-nonconforming people.........
I am not a Christian but I am with the Christians on this one. They are doing everything they can to destroy organized society.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
I am not a Christian but I am with the Christians on this one. They are doing everything they can to destroy organized society.
im a scary transperson....i will destroy society by *checks notes* opening up myself to discrimination, constantly being misgendered, being an outcast in many groups, getting shots every two weeks, not being able to travel to some countries cuz imprisonment or death pentalty, having difficulty finding clothes that fit, be more likely to be murdered, make it less likely for me to get a job, and just all around make my life more difficult for myself cuz I can...

I mean sure i believe being trans is a deeply spiritual thing but like most of us our just trying to live our lives.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They look pretty organized to me.
Just not the kind of organized that fundies want.
They're not entitled to impose a rigid backward
simplistic biblical view of biology on the unwilling.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

How does this "destroy organized society?"

im a scary transperson....i will destroy society by *checks notes* opening up myself to discrimination, constantly being misgendered, being an outcast in many groups, getting shots every two weeks, not being able to travel to some countries cuz imprisonment or death pentalty, having difficulty finding clothes that fit, be more likely to be murdered, make it less likely for me to get a job, and just all around make my life more difficult for myself cuz I can...

They look pretty organized to me.
Just not the kind of organized that fundies want.
They're not entitled to impose a rigid backward
simplistic biblical view of biology on the unwilling.

Hoping to get everyone one the same page, the conspiracy if true is that marxism is an ideal which has taken root in universities and then grown wings into a conspiracy. The conspiracy is stated clearly by Dr. James Lindsay who says that there is a movement to overturn the way western civilization functions.
Dr. James Lindsay, a prominent figure in the discourse around cultural Marxism, asserts that American Marxists have infiltrated institutions and are actively working to reshape US culture. Let’s delve into the key aspects of this perspective:

1. Cloaking Goals Under Social Justice: Cultural Marxists, under the guise of social justice, aim to dismantle the foundations of the American republic. They seek to rewrite history, reintroduce racism, create privileged classes, and control public discourse, the military, and houses of worship.
2. Rewriting History: By distorting America’s history, cultural Marxists undermine the shared narrative that binds the nation together. Their efforts often involve reinterpreting historical events and figures through a specific ideological lens.
3. Reintroducing Racism: Cultural Marxists promote identity politics, emphasizing racial and ethnic divisions. They advocate for policies that prioritize group identity over individual rights, perpetuating a cycle of division and resentment.
4. Creating Privileged Classes: Cultural Marxists advocate for preferential treatment based on identity characteristics such as race, gender, or sexual orientation. This approach can lead to the establishment of privileged groups and the marginalization of others.
5. Controlling Discourse: By influencing public discourse, cultural Marxists seek to limit what can be said, debated, or discussed. This extends to academia, media, and other spheres of influence.
6. Totalitarian Ideology: Unless countered, cultural Marxists could achieve what the Soviet Union never did: the subjugation of the United States to a totalitarian ideology that erodes freedom and opportunity.
In 1989, as the Soviet empire crumbled, Marxist professors were already making significant inroads in American academia, transforming from “brash, beleaguered outsiders” to assimilated academic insiders1. Dr. Lindsay’s perspective sheds light on the ongoing struggle between competing ideologies and the importance of vigilance in safeguarding democratic values.
Links in code as follows:
Code:
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/james-lindsay
https://www.heritage.org/progressivism/report/how-cultural-marxism-threatens-the-united-states-and-how-americans-can-fight
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_A._Lindsay

This is the complaint and the fear that most people are unable to articulate but which echoes in the conservative and in the right wing areas of media, bolstered by various real events such as clearly racist DEI hiring practices and the apparent disregard for feminists once they were no longer of use to the marxist movement. Lindsay claims that to achieve marxist aims that change itself must be continually fought for and all norms destroyed, and so while transexual rights are claimed to be the battleground it is actually just another temporary scaffold to be torn down later and transexuals trodden underfoot just as women before them.

Now really this has to be discussed in a separate thread; but that is the issue as conservatives declare it in media...all over. Its all over the media.