• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Homosexual Evidence.

Alceste

Vagabond
I was disturbed while reading it because of how much those people seemed to be suffering. I felt terrible for them and what they had/have to go through, but I could do nothing to help.

I'll have to find the link again, though I'd like to know how many posts you'd like translated. A rough estimate would be good.

Wow, I don't know. If you see one post that seem particularly lucid and representative of the general feelings of the gay Muslims in the discussion, that would be enough. Or if there was something that particularly moved you.

I am happy to feel terrible on behalf of other people who are in pain. Sometimes I think it is healing to know our voices have been heard, even when the hearer can do nothing to help us (for the time being).

work in progress

Here's some more information on the biology of sexual orientation:
Biology and sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is what the human rights group Amnesty International has to say about discrimination and prejudice against people based on gender identity and sexual orientation. Please note, eselam, that Amnesty International is a vocal supporter of human rights for Palestinians:
Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity | Amnesty International

To understand sexual orientation, I think it's critical to first understand that the biology of gender is not always straightforward, as this article explains:
Gender identity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Think about it. Some people are born, biologically, as a mixture of "male" and "female". Some people are mentally a particular gender which is different from their biological gender. These are well-documented facts. Appreciating the fact that variability exists in something as simple as a person's gender is the first step to understanding that variability also exists in sexual orientation.
But never let the facts get in the way of a good argument!

On a serious note, I'm noticing as I scroll through some of the comments from both supportive or...well let's just say not very supportive commentors that I can't recall anything noting that the factors behind sexual orientation in men and women are likely different. Specifically, that sexual orientation in women is likely more fluid than it is in men, which sure seems strongly determined by genetic and hormonal factors.

I recall this subject came up in the news around the time Anne Heche left Ellen Degeneres to go back to dating men. A few experts interviewed on the subject noted that female sexuality has hardly been researched compared to the stacks of reports and studies on men - both gay and straight. Another anecdotal story that got my attention a little while back was from a female comedian (can't recall her name) who started into her first lesbian relationship in her 40's after her marriage broke up. I can't recall anything similar about middle-aged men deciding that they are gay. I was looking for some info with a quick google and yahoo search, but I can't find anything noteworthy.

work in progress

I came across this report while surfing for some new information:

"Gay Gene" Survived Evolution As It Is Carried By Mothers Who Have More Children, Study

Male homosexuality is inborn and may be triggered by a gene carried by mothers, new findings suggest.
Researchers led by Andrea Camperio Ciani, from the University of Padova in Italy, say that the findings of the link between homosexuality and female fertility strongly support the "balancing selection hypothesis," which suggests that a gene which causes homosexuality also leads to high fecundity or reproduction among their female relatives.

The team noted that the "gay man gene" may not get passed down directly, but instead survive through the generations through future generations making their male inheritors gay.

The team found that the gene appeared to make women more fertile, have fewer gynecological disorders and fewer pregnancy complications. The findings also suggest that gene led to women who were funnier, happier, more extroverted and more relaxed, leading them to have fewer family problems and social anxieties.

"If sexually antagonistic genetic factors that induce homosexuality in males exist, the factors might be maintained in the population by contributing to increased fecundity greater reproductive health, extraversion, and a generally relaxed attitude toward family and social values in females of the maternal line of homosexual men," researchers wrote.
Published by Medicaldaily.com

mycorrhiza

-youtube-

I wouldn't say that Christian News is the most unbiased source. It's only a tiny minority (nearly all of them conservative Christians) that believe you can "convert" homosexuals to being straight. Most psychologists agree that you cannot change people's sexual orientation from gay to straight or the other way around. The study shown in those videos was funded by a Christian "ex-gay" group and it wasn't peer-reviewed, so it's clearly biased.

Being gay is definitely not a choice. In many places, being gay is very difficult, even leading to your death in some cases, and I highly doubt that people would choose an orientation that makes them having sex punishable by death....

If being gay is a choice, why can't I choose to be gay? I'm not the least bit attracted to men, so why can't I choose to be?

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I wouldn't say that Christian News is the most unbiased source. It's only a tiny minority (nearly all of them conservative Christians) that believe you can "convert" homosexuals to being straight. Most psychologists agree that you cannot change people's sexual orientation from gay to straight or the other way around. The study shown in those videos was funded by a Christian "ex-gay" group and it wasn't peer-reviewed, so it's clearly biased.

Being gay is definitely not a choice. In many places, being gay is very difficult, even leading to your death in some cases, and I highly doubt that people would choose an orientation that makes them having sex punishable by death....

If being gay is a choice, why can't I choose to be gay? I'm not the least bit attracted to men, so why can't I choose to be?

it is a difficult situation,but can't one person live happily without the need for sex.

Sex pleasure will takes some minutes,so it isn't so important that the homosexual will
think for suicide or whatever,life worth much more than sex.

There is some reports that some gays were able to change their orientation toward the
opposite sex.

i think the problem lies on the illusion and that which can't be understood.

What makes men to imagine woman attractive,some thing programmed in their minds,
similar question asked why gays imagine or have the illusion that men are attractive.

Hormones have to do only for erection and reproduction,but sex attraction is something
about illusion and imagination.

One example that woman figure for some men will attract them,so the view of woman
translated to sex attraction,but for gays it will not translated to sex attraction.

i think this problem is beyond their control,as feeling toward the opposite sex is programmed
on each person's mind,but gays have a programmed feeling toward the same sex and i think
there should be a third type that have no program at all,do not have any pleasant illusion or
imagination towards any sex.

God is in knowledge of such problem and that it may happen at any time,but why it
happen,is it because of our lack of faith or satan effect on our minds,i don't know,
but according to religion the best solution is to avoid sex with the same sex.

Some are born as blind,should they think to suicide that they can't able to see the
world around them ,much better to live without sex,but to have the ability to see,
hear,walking...etc and enjoying life.

a story of a blind man which has touched me

[youtube]URU7B1KoDvs[/youtube]
A Blind Man Converted To Islam

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
trruth, you have been warned repeatedly that this is not a debate thread. Stop it.

mycorrhiza

it is a difficult situation,but can't one person live happily without the need for sex.

Sex pleasure will takes some minutes,so it isn't so important that the homosexual will
think for suicide or whatever,life worth much more than sex.

It's not just about sex. It's about love, and feeling ashamed because you have been taught that your feelings are unnatural and of the devil, and will make you end up in hell. Some parents refuse all contact with their children once the children come out as homosexual. Shame and fear are two common factors in suicide.

You can't convert homosexuals to being heterosexual. The cases where it has "succeded" have all been wishful thinking. Even some of the leaders of the ex-gay groups have come out and said that they were still gay, and just lied because they wished it wasn't true. There is no scientific evidence that supports that one chooses one's sexual orientation.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It's not just about sex. It's about love, and feeling ashamed because you have been taught that your feelings are unnatural and of the devil, and will make you end up in hell. Some parents refuse all contact with their children once the children come out as homosexual. Shame and fear are two common factors in suicide.

You can't convert homosexuals to being heterosexual. The cases where it has "succeded" have all been wishful thinking. Even some of the leaders of the ex-gay groups have come out and said that they were still gay, and just lied because they wished it wasn't true. There is no scientific evidence that supports that one chooses one's sexual orientation.

There is nothing to be ashamed about if the gay can manage his own life without the
need for love in means of sex.

But if talking about loving a friend,just as a friend,then there is no problem about that,
and who said that the homosexual have to go to hell.

according to religion commit an adultery is a great sin,that also apply to hetrosexual not only homosexual.

Parents could be blamed if being harshed in treating their son,i can't imagine that parents
will hate their son because he got such a problem.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Yeah being gay isn't about just sex. Just because sex is part of the relationship doesn't make it about sex anymore then a heterosexual relationship is.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
There is nothing to be ashamed about if the gay can manage his own life without the
need for love in means of sex.

Double standard?

How about you take a vow of celibacy right now?
Can you manage your own life without the need for sex?:shrug:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Double standard?

How about you take a vow of celibacy right now?
Can you manage your own life without the need for sex?:shrug:

i can, very simple,i don't need that exercise on bed to live happily.
So may i ask you if you have to choose one of 2,
to be blind or to take a vow of celibacy right now.
honestly which one you'll choose.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Neither.

I have no problem at all with two adults having a consensual sexual relationship, no matter what their gender.
And as to the OP, neither does my God, as far as I know.

Aquitaine

Neither.

I have no problem at all with two adults having a consensual sexual relationship, no matter what their gender.

And as to the OP, neither does my God, as far as I know.

I've never understood why so many people seem so fascinated with the sex lives of others, that they appoint themselves as "Moral Guardians" to protect the World from what grown consenting adults do in thier bedrooms.......
:shrug:

Trey of Diamonds

Unfair comparison. The choice you are giving is this:

Have sex with who you wish and be happy even though it will upset me

or

Take a vow of celibacy so that I can feel better about my beliefs.

The saddest thing of all is that there are people who will chose celibacy just to make their loved ones happy. It's even sadder that their loved ones demand such a sacrifice of those they are supposed to care for. All they really care about is themselves.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Unfair comparison. The choice you are giving is this:

Have sex with who you wish and be happy even though it will upset me

or

Take a vow of celibacy so that I can feel better about my beliefs.

The saddest thing of all is that there are people who will chose celibacy just to make their loved ones happy. It's even sadder that their loved ones demand such a sacrifice of those they are supposed to care for. All they really care about is themselves.

Totally agree. What pathetic lives people must live if they expect people to adhere to their draconian beliefs just to "please them." To be fair, the lives of consenting adults is their business and its disgusting that SOME RELIGIOUS PEOPLE make it their business.

It just goes to show how religious glasses can produce some terrible huma beings.

Me Myself

Back to my username

Celibacy vow.

I know from personal experience that women get really turned on when you reject sex from them.

Then I will break the vow "just this one time" with all of those sexy ones that can´t hold it anymore. That way I make a lot of women feel that beautiful :)

Last edited: