• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Problem with scientists.

outhouse

Atheistically
Scientist do try to apply science to spiritual events.
So far...they have failed.

Maybe you SHOULD watch more tv.

Thats is just sick right there.

for one to think a decent education can be found on the tube :facepalm:

again, real scientist waist no time searching for known myths

javajo

javajo, why don't you believe other religions and their "god/gods" are right?
I don't want to get into a discussion on a science/religion dir. as I tend to be outnumbered and cannot give an adequate response to so many posts. I just believe Jesus when he said he is the truth and, "Thy word is truth.", and the Bible says we are to live by every word of God which is pure and true and abides forever. I believe for many more reasons, God's work in my life, his providence and peace, his tender care for me all my life. I believe because of fulfilled prophecy and because of reading the Bible which speaks to me like no other book. I just 'know' it is true for myself, that is I am confident it is the very Word of God, and he has proved himself good and kind and merciful to me time and time again. For me there is no doubt, but that is for me, personally. I'm not saying I could convince others to believe it, but for me, deep down inside, I know its the Truth. But that's just me.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
ah so belief before knowledge LOL :facepalm:

No silly...

First the observation of so many things in this existence.
Followed by a life time of modern education.
Coupled with the understanding ...not all things will be known...before I die...
To the end of my days, and my last breath.

Realization that this body is a learning device.
Life is a learning experience....
To what end?....no end....

Spiritual life is where this is headed.

shawn001

I don't want to get into a discussion on a science/religion dir. as I tend to be outnumbered and cannot give an adequate response to so many posts. I just believe Jesus when he said he is the truth and, "Thy word is truth.", and the Bible says we are to live by every word of God which is pure and true and abides forever. I believe for many more reasons, God's work in my life, his providence and peace, his tender care for me all my life. I believe because of fulfilled prophecy and because of reading the Bible which speaks to me like no other book. I just 'know' it is true for myself, that is I am confident it is the very Word of God, and he has proved himself good and kind and merciful to me time and time again. For me there is no doubt, but that is for me, personally. I'm not saying I could convince others to believe it, but for me, deep down inside, I know its the Truth. But that's just me.

The other people of faiths feel the same way about their religions being "right." Are they all "right" then?

You also thought there was a global flood 4200 years ago and that was a "truth" that you took away from the bible, but of course its not. I am not saying to you don't believe in whatever you want either, but as far as I know the Bible god doesn't like lying yes?

WanderLust

Inquisitive One
I think evolutionists are generally condescending because they've been on the receiving end of too many condescending "I'm right, you're wrong" speeches, so they assume Christians (or other religious denominations) will act that way and the evolutionists then beat them to tthe punch.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard "You're going to hell" or "The Bible is right and science is pointless" speeches. It gets old. I try to explain my point of view, but too often get berated and belittled for not believing in God or any religion for that matter.

javajo

The other people of faiths feel the same way about their religions being "right." Are they all "right" then?
No they have opposite statements. Islam says Jesus is not God's Son and did not die on the cross. Christianity says he was and did.

You also thought there was a global flood 4200 years ago and that was a "truth" that you took away from the bible, but of course its not.
The Bible does not say, "In the year 2,200 there was a flood." People infer from the years of the genealogies added up that it was about that time, but the Bible does not say specifically it was 4,200 years ago so I am not dogmatic about it.

I am not saying to you don't believe in whatever you want either, but as far as I know the Bible god doesn't like lying yes?
I am not trying to be dishonest, its just my beliefs and you asked. If you want to call me a liar, I can't stop you, but I'm not going to talk to you if you're just going to insult me.

outhouse

Atheistically
No silly...

First the observation of so many things in this existence.
Followed by a life time of modern education.
Coupled with the understanding ...not all things will be known...before I die...
To the end of my days, and my last breath.

Realization that this body is a learning device.
Life is a learning experience....
To what end?....no end....

Spiritual life is where this is headed.

again ALL belief before knowledge. :facepalm:

You only have faith in a spritual life.

javajo

I think evolutionists are generally condescending because they've been on the receiving end of too many condescending "I'm right, you're wrong" speeches, so they assume Christians (or other religious denominations) will act that way and the evolutionists then beat them to tthe punch.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard "You're going to hell" or "The Bible is right and science is pointless" speeches. It gets old. I try to explain my point of view, but too often get berated and belittled for not believing in God or any religion for that matter.
Yeah its not easy to believe in a book and a man who lived 2,000 years ago, no one should berate you for not believing in God. No one should berate, belittle, or ridicule anyone regardless of their beliefs. But they do. Boy, do they.

outhouse

Atheistically
The Bible does not say, "In the year 2,200 there was a flood." People infer from the years of the genealogies added up that it was about that time, but the Bible does not say specifically it was 4,200 years ago so I am not dogmatic about it.

OK then if you believe in it you must have a date for when it happened. when EXACTLY did it happen????

If you dont know this date then you dont know it happened.

If such a horrible worldwide flood did happen the whole world would be evidence as all races would have migrated from the levant and there would only be ONE race of people.

outhouse

Atheistically
Yeah its not easy to believe in a book and a man who lived 2,000 years ago, no one should berate you for not believing in God. No one should berate, belittle, or ridicule anyone regardless of their beliefs. But they do. Boy, do they.

if you choose to believe 2 + 2 = 19 you better get used to people telling you your wrong :facepalm:

javajo

I only have faith in the spiritual life, too...the material thing wasn't working out so well...I get withdrawals when I enter a bank. I tried writing for a while, mostly checks, they were bad...fiction mainly.