• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Problem with scientists.

WanderLust

Inquisitive One
Yeah its not easy to believe in a book and a man who lived 2,000 years ago, no one should berate you for not believing in God. No one should berate, belittle, or ridicule anyone regardless of their beliefs. But they do. Boy, do they.

The point of my comment being missed by a wide margin, I will now take the opportunity to clarify:

Christians do more condescending berating than evolutionists. Evolutionists generally only berate because they've beeen conditioned, by Christians, to expect it from theists. And thus, evolutionists make it a reflex to beat them to the punch. Don't blame something on one group and ignore the fact that other groups do it, not to mention that the other group is one of the reasons it happens to begin with. This is all from my personal exerience, anyway.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The point of my comment being missed by a wide margin, I will now take the opportunity to clarify:

Christians do more condescending berating than evolutionists. Evolutionists generally only berate because they've beeen conditioned, by Christians, to expect it from theists. And thus, evolutionists make it a reflex to beat them to the punch. Don't blame something on one group and ignore the fact that other groups do it, not to mention that the other group is one of the reasons it happens to begin with. This is all from my personal exerience, anyway.

Okay...but as a rogue theologian....who happens to love science....

I say let's do both.
Let's continue to explore what God has created...scientifically.

That 'reflex' you spoke of...is the actual problem.
Both sides are guilty of adding stones the fence.

Let's tear down the fence and build a road we can both walk on.

In the mean time....
I enjoy the 'tit for tat' offered by non-believers.
It allows opportunity to tear at that fence.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Thats is just sick right there.

for one to think a decent education can be found on the tube :facepalm:

again, real scientist waist no time searching for known myths

Real scientists waste time on many known myths. Just do a Google search on Banachek fooling scientists.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
OK then if you believe in it you must have a date for when it happened. when EXACTLY did it happen????

If you dont know this date then you dont know it happened.

If such a horrible worldwide flood did happen the whole world would be evidence as all races would have migrated from the levant and there would only be ONE race of people.

Just because someone does not know when an event occurred, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Can you tell me when the earth was created? Nope, because we don't know an exact date.

WanderLust

Inquisitive One
Just because someone does not know when an event occurred, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Can you tell me when the earth was created? Nope, because we don't know an exact date.

Actually, the Earth's age is relatively estimable. A monstrous flood that destroys the world? No evidence of it and nowhere is it recorded in history aside from the Bible. And if the Bible is to be believed, it had to happen in the last 6000 years, an age in which writing was already established and events were already being recorded. Then why isn't the flood recorded?

I could say a giant purple hippo descended from Heaven roughly 4000 years ago and raptured all the humans born with webbed feet and green skin. There's no evidence that it didn't happen, so does that make it a plausible theory? No, it's still ridiculous.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Actually, the Earth's age is relatively estimable. A monstrous flood that destroys the world? No evidence of it and nowhere is it recorded in history aside from the Bible. And if the Bible is to be believed, it had to happen in the last 6000 years, an age in which writing was already established and events were already being recorded. Then why isn't the flood recorded?

I could say a giant purple hippo descended from Heaven roughly 4000 years ago and raptured all the humans born with webbed feet and green skin. There's no evidence that it didn't happen, so does that make it a plausible theory? No, it's still ridiculous.

I'm not saying that there was a global flood. I now there wasnt as it is impossible for many reasons. But I'm just pointing out that we don't know when many things have happened. You said we can estimate when the earth was formed, but we still don't know exactly when. The estimate we have is quite vague.

So not knowing when an event happened for sure doesn't mean it did t happen. It just means that our records are not always the best.

As for the flood, it only has to happen about 6000 years ago if one intereprets the Bible in that way. There are people who push it further back as well.

outhouse

Atheistically

wrong

if you can get someone to pinpoint a date within a thousand years I can gather information from that time era and prove to soemone it didnt happen then.

the more you can funnel someone down to reality the more truth you can reveal

4.6Billion year ago the earth was formed.

Had I stated 1 Billion I could be proven wrong

Had I stated 10 Billon I could be proven wrong

Had I stated I dont know but I know it formed a long time ago, means your ignorant to the facts and have no buisiness debating it.

Photonic

Ad astra!
I'm not saying that there was a global flood. I now there wasnt as it is impossible for many reasons. But I'm just pointing out that we don't know when many things have happened. You said we can estimate when the earth was formed, but we still don't know exactly when. The estimate we have is quite vague.

So not knowing when an event happened for sure doesn't mean it did t happen. It just means that our records are not always the best.

As for the flood, it only has to happen about 6000 years ago if one intereprets the Bible in that way. There are people who push it further back as well.

The estimate is within a few million years. Which geologically is a very small time period.

outhouse

Atheistically
Real scientists waste time on many known myths. Just do a Google search on Banachek fooling scientists.

thats not spiritual events, please try and not take my statement out of context LOL :D

We know the gov used remote viewing ect and they tested it, that has nothing to do with spirits or spiritial events

As far as science is concerned spirits do not exist.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
wrong

if you can get someone to pinpoint a date within a thousand years I can gather information from that time era and prove to soemone it didnt happen then.
So within a thousand years, when was the Earth formed?

Or, within a thousand years, when was the universe created? Or within a thousand years, when was the first star created?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Finding the truth is never a waste of time.
I agree. Finding the truth is not a waste of time. However, there are things that scientists do that do waste time. For instance, Project Alpha. The scientists only had to ask Banachek if he truly had paranormal powers. But they never did. And for four years, they wasted their time trying to prove their own preconceived ideas. Really, this is an example of scientists wasting time.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
The estimate is within a few million years. Which geologically is a very small time period.
I agree it is a relatively small time period. But the thing is, we still can't pinpoint a date. And that is what Outhouse said. If we can't point to a date, it didn't happen. This is what he specifically said: "OK then if you believe in it you must have a date for when it happened. when EXACTLY did it happen????

If you dont know this date then you dont know it happened."

To me, that is a double standard. Also, I'm not suggesting that a global flood happened. I'm only pointing out that not being able to point to an exact date isn't evidence it didn't happen.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
thats not spiritual events, please try and not take my statement out of context LOL :D
Actually they were dealing with spiritual events, or events commonly seen in spiritual events. It's a great example.
We know the gov used remote viewing ect and they tested it, that has nothing to do with spirits or spiritial events
And if studied, we can see that remote viewing is a bunch of bunk, and that many were involved studying something that was quite easily disproven.

As far as science is concerned spirits do not exist.
That's not true. In fact, there are a number of scientists who deal with the subject. James Randi is a great example. Carl Sagan was also known to have discussed the topic.

If you go back into history, you will also see a number of scientists testing the area or supporting tests. Harry Houdini was involved with a couple of groups (one being Scientific American).

outhouse

Atheistically
And if studied, we can see that remote viewing is a bunch of bunk, and that many were involved studying something that was quite easily disproven.

You will never know the CIA's success rate in such, EVER :)

outhouse

Atheistically
That's not true. In fact, there are a number of scientists who deal with the subject. James Randi is a great example. Carl Sagan was also known to have discussed the topic.

If you go back into history, you will also see a number of scientists testing the area or supporting tests. Harry Houdini was involved with a couple of groups (one being Scientific American).

what people do as a hobby or or for a TV show does not represent modern science and it spursuit of knowledge.

No department is actively searching for a human soul

outhouse

Atheistically
So within a thousand years, when was the Earth formed?

Or, within a thousand years, when was the universe created? Or within a thousand years, when was the first star created?

no i wont be pulled into your game as your moving goal post.

that would be like giving the 4200 flood date a 10 or 15 year leeway. not good enough.

we know hos old the earth is and I stated it, end of story.

wehn it comes to pinpointing a mythical date such as the flood ill take a thousand years either way.

thats about 25% margian for error, thats the same as a billion year in earths history.