• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophetical Time

lockyfan

I would agree with you except for the notion of time and dates that are "set" which I don't believe to be an accurate representation of God's works. I think that Work needs done in order, one thing before the next, I don't think God said "Oh Satan can wander around for this many years before I do anything." Instead, certain events need to transpire, whatever the date is, the events just have to be done in order.

He has to give us humans time to prove ourselves againt satans wiles.

Matthew 24:42-44
Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming. “But know one thing, that if the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.

We have been told to Keep on the watch

You are correct certain events had to transpire, such as the fulfillment of prophesies about Jesus, the end of this system of things(Matthew 24) and the new kingdom being set up (Daniel 2:44, Revelation 12)

But this had to be done in a timely manner it couldnt be Rushed.

John 8:12 ¶ Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Usiong your quote
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life

you have to follow Jesus and have faith in What jesus life mean to us not just have faiuth but Exercise faith (John 3:16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.) Therefore you dont just have the light, you have to follow God to get it.

Hebrews 10: 26
For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left,

1 Timothy 2:1-7
I therefore exhort, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, offerings of thanks, be made concerning all sorts of men, concerning kings and all those who are in high station; in order that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with full godly devotion and seriousness. This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of nations in the matter of faith and truth.

Accurate knowledge of hte truth sets you free. You then know what you can and cant do.

Yes we are all imperfectJehovah Knows this thus the reason for the "mediator"- Jesus. Accidental sin is forgiven, it is the deliberate sin (Adam, Eve, Satan, Cain, Judas) that is not taken to very well by God. Sinning against the holy spirit really doesnot bode well.

But we have Jesus as our mediator and because Jehovah and Jesus are our Sovereigns and are both readers of hearts, then if you are truly repentent and have the right heart condition you too will be given the chance at everlasting life on earth.