• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Psionics

Vanguard17

Psionics is the study and science of how the mind works and manipulates matter, energy, and reality through electromagnetic waves and frequencies. It encorporates amny supernatural and paranormal abilities, such as telepathy, kinesis, Energy Manipulation, empathy, constructing, psychometry, and more. It delves into the powers of the subconcious mind, and how the concious mind can be disciplined into merging with the sub concious to control these abilities through concentration and willpower.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Vanguard,
Surely *Psionics* should help in understanding of the MIND and its working.
Kindly do open more doors and windows on the subject for us to share and understand the subject.
Look forward to more on the subject.
Love & rgds

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Apparently human brain waves don't travel much further than the skull, hence electrodes needing to be attached to the head to detect them.

I don't see how the mind could affect its surroundings if it doesn't emit anything beyond the skull.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Apparently human brain waves don't travel much further than the skull, hence electrodes needing to be attached to the head to detect them.

I don't see how the mind could affect its surroundings if it doesn't emit anything beyond the skull.

Any material in which electrical impulses occur have, by nature, a magnetic field; I believe that it is possible to "tune" in to be receptive to other's thoughts.

To some extent, we use that when we walk into a room, and say "There's an atmosphere in here".

The principles of psionics (which I do believe can be learned) would explain dowsing - the dowser, effectively, focussing his thought (Visualizing whatever he is looking for - maybe water); the "thought" works much like a radar; when the "water thought" encounters water, it sends a minute signal to the dowser, which tells him "There is water here."

Random

Psionics is the study and science of how the mind works and manipulates matter, energy, and reality through electromagnetic waves and frequencies. It encorporates amny supernatural and paranormal abilities, such as telepathy, kinesis, Energy Manipulation, empathy, constructing, psychometry, and more. It delves into the powers of the subconcious mind, and how the concious mind can be disciplined into merging with the sub concious to control these abilities through concentration and willpower.

Quite so, yes indeed. Did you have a question?

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Any material in which electrical impulses occur have, by nature, a magnetic field; I believe that it is possible to "tune" in to be receptive to other's thoughts.
Yes but the human brain doesn't produce that much electricity, and so the field generated doesn't go much beyond the physical confines of the head. To tune into other peoples thoughts we'd need fields several metres across.

To some extent, we use that when we walk into a room, and say "There's an atmosphere in here".
That's body language, and its very subtle. You can see the way people are standing and acting and within milliseconds gauge the social atmosphere of a room.

The principles of psionics (which I do believe can be learned) would explain dowsing - the dowser, effectively, focussing his thought (Visualizing whatever he is looking for - maybe water); the "thought" works much like a radar; when the "water thought" encounters water, it sends a minute signal to the dowser, which tells him "There is water here."
Hasn't dowsing been disproved by repeatability experiments?

Vanguard17

actually dowsing works... as well as its cousin technique pendling, which is dowsing using a pendulum. The human brain generates electromagnetic waves on all frequencies, hence why its called a 'living computer'. it reads different waves, determines frequencies, and sends out em patterns to communicate and manipulate the waves around us. The closest analogy i can use is to describe it as something akin to 'The Force', where your body is communicating with the energy around it to cause certain outcomes in the physical world, or manipulating energy to cause a certain effect..

Michael hit the nail on the head with the 'atmoshere' post. The feeling of instant comfort or discomfort in a particular place stems from the mind picking up either generically negative vibrations (e.g. when your walking the green mile and headed to the electric chair, or more acurately, when you visit a graveyard in the dead of night) or singularly personal vibrations that completely conflict with your em patterns (such as the 'fight or flight' awareness that all creatures have).

All 'psionics' is is a shortform of the term 'psychic mechanics', which by definition, is the understanding and study of the inner workings of the mind.

Keep hitting me up with questions and comments, i love to hear them, and i love to hear different theories about it. Keep 'em comming guys, and thank you. :D

Cacafire

In your opinion, would it be possible to train people to become psionic "mages", so to speak? Or is the efficacy of the technique more limited. It would be great for healing. Sadly, it would also be great for killing.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Do you think one person may be able to influence another's actions directly, or indirectly through the manipulation of energy and/or matter?

Vanguard17

first of all...there is no such thing as a psionic 'mage'... psionics is a science, not magic...

secondly yes. believe it or not there are forums which discuss these ideas. it all comes down to your mind's force of willpower. a novice psion could struggle with spinning the psi-wheel, both because he is young to the skill and mentally untrained, and because most beginners are skeptics. But a psionic adept would be more than capable of, say, moving objects with his mind or being able to tell how many people are in a submarine that is trapped under a mass of pack ice. Psionics is mostly about energy, because energy is the vehicle for all activity. Healing through psionics is a very popular and common discussion, and is practiced by many people...sadly, human nature effects even psionics, and psychic healers are few and far between.....people who would use this power for foul purposes-though a rather small number, due to psionics being a very new practice- still outnumber those who would use it for good...

Psionics is powered completely by belief. You must believe in what you are doing for any successful outcome to take place. After this comes willpower, the influence of your mind upon the things around you. Belief encourages you to try, which helps build willpower to succeed. Then you have energy, which is molded by the will of the mind to become the physical interpretation of what the mind's eye sees happening, which is in turn the successful outcome.

Vanguard17

snap replies come fast, i love it!!!:D

People can influence how others think, and from there if they think it out (i.e. know how the person acts and formatting your thoughts to fit something they would agree with and do) it is possible. Its a form of telepathy, which is the ability to communicate with other people through patterns of electromagnetic wave...in short, you think something at someone, and their minds hear it. this is one of the primary branches of psionics...but i do not advocate using it to manipulate people, that is taking away their free will, which is viewed as a major taboo in the psionic community.

that and i believe in karma 'what goes around comes around'

Caroline Cross

Greetings;

Now, you guys are on an area of interest for me. Remote Viewing and all the related areas such as hemisync (Monroe Institute). (Also, Binaural).

Caroline Cross

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin

Perhaps, but maybe we're looking and testing for the wrong, for the lack of a better word, force.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I believe there are genuine psionics. I also believe that it's extremely rare. It's an ability that we're still evolving.

Yerda

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;1218877 said:
I was going to suggest "masturbation" but then I remembered there's also "mental masturbation."
Aye, man. I had a totally mental one earlier. :sorry1:

Vanguard17

yeah, you probably could....but like halcyon said...... why not just use hands...

you cant exactly learn just one form, you study multiple aspects and find what is right for you...