• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Psychology explains why the Israeli–Palestinian conflict is so intractable

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Here's something to consider the psychology of. What does this do ti innocent Palestinians? How might this shape their worldview? What might they do in response? At least half the buildings in Gaza damaged or destroyed. What would you do in their situation?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Here's something to consider the psychology of. What does this do ti innocent Palestinians? How might this shape their worldview? What might they do in response? At least half the buildings in Gaza damaged or destroyed. What would you do in their situation?

So, what would you have Israel do?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Actually, they aren't. Only the logistics are far more complicated.
If a neighbor starts shooting people have the police to call. That's not an option when it's something like Israel and Gaza, Ukraine and Russia, or England and Ireland. The situations are both armed violence, but that's where the similarities end and begin, especially as the one is political and the other isn't.
So, what would you have Israel do?
Why are you asking me again when I've it's been asked and amswered multiple times? I've been very consistent in saying Israel should learn from England and Ireland and how the Troubles were resolved. Amd it didn't involve violence and it did involve gestures that many in yhe public thought were going too far (such as releasing combatants) but you have to show you want peace and actually act like it.
Destroying half the buildings in a territory isn't how you go about peace. The one sword that sheaths nine only does so until the one's sword guard is down. Then those nine are attacking with bottled anger and resentment that has exploded.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If a neighbor starts shooting people have the police to call. That's not an option when it's something like Israel and Gaza, Ukraine and Russia, or England and Ireland. The situations are both armed violence, but that's where the similarities end and begin, especially as the one is political and the other isn't.

Why are you asking me again when I've it's been asked and amswered multiple times? I've been very consistent in saying Israel should learn from England and Ireland and how the Troubles were resolved. Amd it didn't involve violence and it did involve gestures that many in yhe public thought were going too far (such as releasing combatants) but you have to show you want peace and actually act like it.
Destroying half the buildings in a territory isn't how you go about peace. The one sword that sheaths nine only does so until the one's sword guard is down. Then those nine are attacking with bottled anger and resentment that has exploded.

My oldest granddaughter had to run into a bomb shelter yesterday in Tel Aviv because if incoming missiles from Gaza. She's there on a humanitarian commitment at her own expense to assemble medical kits for both the IDF and Palestinians injured in Gaza. This is how our family rolls.

So, what is going to stop those missiles? Please deal with this specific issue instead of skirting around it.