• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Punished with Flood Again?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
MidnightBlue said:
It's obvious that God is punishing America for letting Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and James Dobson run around loose. He was also after the conservatives and religious people in Mississippi and Louisiana. Note that the French Quarter was unscathed.
God said I will not destroy the earth or my people again by a flood so God makes another covenant with Noah.
These christians along with others across the country are keeping the hand of God from inflicting the punishment on the earth that we rightly deserve.
If you think this is punishment wait until the Christians are taken from the earth and watch all hell be released.

We have not even scratched the surface of what is coming upon the earth ,read the bible and you will see what has happened,what was spoken of through prohecy and what is about to happen and of course what will come in the future.

Smoke

Done here.
roli said:
These christians along with others across the country are keeping the hand of God from inflicting the punishment on the earth that we rightly deserve.
Maybe the Lord thinks having all these Christians about is punishment enough. :D

roli said:
If you think this is punishment wait until the Christians are taken from the earth and watch all hell be released.
I remember Hal Lindsay promised all the Christians would be gone by 1981 at the latest; I'm not holding my breath.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Even though this post will contribute next to nothing of the topic, I just wanted to add how interesting it is that so many different cultures from over the world have "great flood" myths, stories and legends. Makes me think that maybe there was one.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Gentoo said:
Even though this post will contribute next to nothing of the topic, I just wanted to add how interesting it is that so many different cultures from over the world have "great flood" myths, stories and legends. Makes me think that maybe there was one.
Excellent point, I remember reading of that same thing,markings,drawings in caves,scrolls of stories of a great waters and ships.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
MidnightBlue said:
Maybe the Lord thinks having all these Christians about is punishment enough. :D
What's keeping him from inflicting his full wrath is the christian,who are representitive of his body.
He is willing that none perish but all come to repentance
I guess that day when the last Christian receives Christ as savior ,the rest of the world will be beside themselves and be left with the question ,why did'nt I.....!!!!!
But, many may laugh now, but I suppose the day will confirm what has been said and the answer will be clear.

I remember Hal Lindsay promised all the Christians would be gone by 1981 at the latest; I'm not holding my breath
One of the first words out of Jesus mouth was "repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand," well it has been 2000 yrs later,and the times are as they were in Noah's day
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noah [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be
Matt 24"42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

The bible says no man knows the day or hour,but the seasons of that impending day are on the horizon.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
Katzpur said:
Hmmm. He never floods Salt Lake City. I guess He must like us Mormons. :D (He does occasionally punish us by drought, though.)

A flood in SLC would indead be an act of God....;)

Aside from that happening, isn't it possible that the people living in the time of the Bible's writing might have attributed natural disasters to punishment from God for lack of a better understanding of what caused them.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
roli said:
God said I will not destroy the earth or my people again by a flood so God makes another covenant with Noah.

We have not even scratched the surface of what is coming upon the earth ,read the bible and you will see what has happened,what was spoken of through prohecy and what is about to happen and of course what will come in the future.

Every doom sayer of his generation thinks the bad things going on in his time are the fulfillment of prophecy.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
roli said:
MidnightBlue said:
One of the first words out of Jesus mouth was "repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand," well it has been 2000 yrs later,and the times are as they were in Noah's day
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noah [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be
Matt 24"42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

The bible says no man knows the day or hour,but the seasons of that impending day are on the horizon.

All of these things where going on when the NT was written (ever heard of the Roman Empire?)