• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about being dead

Frank Goad

What if you were taken out of body to heaven one day in your sleep and were now dead.And God said you could scare nonbelievers into believing in jesus.Now that your dead.In a nice way.What would you do to make them believe?:)

Saggath

I would first ask God if He wanted me to scare people to believe in Jesus, or if He even wanted people to believe in Jesus at all, scared or not. If He did, I would ask why. I'd go from that point, depending on His answers. I would also probably ask for suggestions on what possible way I could scare someone into believing anything other than that I could scare them. :)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It would be all kinds of bizarre of the god of the Abrahamic religions asked me - a Druid and a polytheist who doesn't worship them or incorporate them into their religious practices - to "scare nonbelievers" into accepting Jesus. My efforts would inevitably go something like this...

"Uh, so... the god of Abraham told me to tell you to believe in Jesus, except neither do I, really so... what do you want to talk about instead?"

F1fan

Veteran Member
What if you were taken out of body to heaven one day in your sleep and were now dead.And God said you could scare nonbelievers into believing in jesus.Now that your dead.In a nice way.What would you do to make them believe?:)
God is too lazy to do his own work? So much for all powerful.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
First, why would I need to be taken out of my body to be in heaven?

Second, what would scaring someone into believing in Jesus look like? Can you see anywhere in the Bible that might indicate that Jesus wanted to believed in through fear?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Trying to scare people into a belief rarely works. In my experience it makes people think about why scare tactics are required.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What if you were taken out of body to heaven one day in your sleep and were now dead.

This first part happen to me.

And God said you could scare nonbelievers into believing in jesus.

I didn't think to ask at the time. Maybe if it happens again.

Now that your dead.In a nice way.What would you do to make them believe?:)

I'd do the same thing. Kill them and take them up to heaven. Certainly if that experience convinced me it'd convince them.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not quite like those good ole' days of smiting and lightning bolts eh?