• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for atheists.

Straw Dog

Question for atheists.
What makes you SURE that there's isn't any God ? :)

Hello chinu,

I believe that there is a "God", but it exists in the mind as a metaphor for that which transcends all comprehension. I don't know about "God" existing beyond the mind. Do you?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Question for atheists.

Oh my, Chinu! :eek:

It all comes down to proof.

It has already been argued down below.

Do we really need another long-winded debate on Subjective and Empirical evidence?

Alceste

Vagabond
Question for atheists.

I drew this as the only logical conclusion after observing that there have been tens of thousands of theistic religions in human history and none of them share any common understanding of the nature and character of whatever deity / deities they believe in.

Here are the only possibilities, given that fact:

1: All of them are wrong.
2: Only one of them is right.

If 1 is true, then we are making it up for some reason.
If 2 is true, the odds of any individual theist perceiving a TRUE God, when all other theists believe in false gods, is so tiny as to be not worth consideration.

1 is certainly more likely, and has an immediately obvious explanatory power: Humans imagine supernatural agency everywhere, but we are wrong.

2, although possible, is not significantly different to 1. It may be that one individual correctly perceived a genuine deity at some point in history. The fact remains that all other humans are imagining supernatural agency, and are wrong.

chinu

chinu
I drew this as the only logical conclusion after observing that there have been tens of thousands of theistic religions in human history and none of them share any common understanding of the nature and character of whatever deity / deities they believe in.
"Jesus" closed his eyes and saw something inside him
"Buddha" closed his eyes and saw something inside him
"Muhammed" closed his eyes and saw something inside him
"Nanak" closed his eyes and saw something inside him
Almost all "Starter's of religions" closed their eyes and saw something inside them.

Don't you think this "Closing the eyes" is common ?:)

chinu

chinu
fantôme profane;3252100 said:
I'm not sure of anything. But I don't believe in a personal "God".
Am not talking about personal God, am just talking about God, " God".. who belongs to everyone/everything equally.

Now, what is your answer ? :)

The Neo Nerd

Question for atheists.

I'm not.

I firmly believe that all gods/religions are unconsciously made by humans in order to promote social cohesion and order.

But that being said i am not dumb enough to claim that there are no gods of any sort.

chinu

chinu
I firmly believe that all gods/religions are unconsciously made by humans in order to promote social cohesion and order.
Suppose.. there is really a God, than for what, and how it should be promoted ?
What is your Guess ? lets see.. :)

Wherenextcolumbus

I do not believe there is a God which is conscious of itself and created us.
This is because I know that all "communication" with "God" has been a delusion. Prayer? Consolitary nonsense. Possession? Inner strife. Miracles? No reliable evidence.
The mind is a powerful thing. It's funny how as soon as you stop believing God is listening to your prayers, he goes away. Maybe because it was all in my head to begin with.