• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Muslims.

riverfox

A slave of Allah (swt)
My point is, since
Obviously the language as it was spoken is lost
Even if only by simple lingual,how can we be discussing such strongly lingual-related thing ?! How old is that Jewish custom,and wasn't it used in the old translations ?
Although the original text of the Bible in it's original language is lost,there are christians now after about 3300 years since the OT was written and after knowing about the shape of the earth,who claim that the book of isaiah said "the speriod of the earth" not "the circle of the earth". Don't ask them how did they find that out from the old translations which states "circle of the earth" ,just ask them what is Aramice word for speriod.
And my question about the languages of Jesus And Moses (pbut) was only because you mentioned the Hebrew word thing,I know that Jesus spoke Aramice and so did Moses who also spoke Egyptian and Ethiopian.

riverfox

A slave of Allah (swt)
I have no Idea what it says about a seventh day. I only finished Sura 2. 286 freaking verses. Man that was a killer. It took me all day to read it an take notes.

What I was saying is that the used to refute the seventh day is the God doesn't tire or sleep. But since "rest" doesn't refer to God sleeping then wouldn't a seventh day being permitted in the Mulsim belief?
Where do the Islamic scriptures say "rest" ? Give us the references.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
My point is, since Even if only by simple lingual,how can we be discussing such strongly lingual-related thing ?! How old is that Jewish custom,and wasn't it used in the old translations ?

I don't know, though I suspect it started around the time of the compilation of the Torah.

Although the original text of the Bible in it's original language is lost,there are christians now after about 3300 years since the OT was written and after knowing about the shape of the earth,who claim that the book of isaiah said "the speriod of the earth" not "the circle of the earth". Don't ask them how did they find that out from the old translations which states "circle of the earth" ,just ask them what is Aramice word for speriod.

"Speriod" is not an English word.

riverfox

A slave of Allah (swt)
You defend a 3300 lost text "Obviously the language as it was spoken is lost by lingual",and yet this "h" makes a big deference to you,and make refuse to respon,or maybe eascape responding.
Okey let me add the "h":
Although the original text of the Bible in it's original language is lost,there are christians now after about 3300 years since the OT was written and after knowing about the shape of the earth,who claim that the book of isaiah said "the spheriod of the earth" not "the circle of the earth". Don't ask them how did they find that out from the old translations which states "circle of the earth" ,just ask them what is Aramice word for spheriod.

Didn't hear an answer from them ,nor from you claiming that the the Bible said stop and not rest.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
You defend a 3300 lost text "Obviously the language as it was spoken is lost by lingual",and yet this "h" makes a big deference to you,and make refuse to respon,or maybe eascape responding.
Okey let me add the "h":
Although the original text of the Bible in it's original language is lost,there are christians now after about 3300 years since the OT was written and after knowing about the shape of the earth,who claim that the book of isaiah said "the spheriod of the earth" not "the circle of the earth". Don't ask them how did they find that out from the old translations which states "circle of the earth" ,just ask them what is Aramice word for spheriod.

Didn't hear an answer from them ,nor from you claiming that the the Bible said stop and not rest.

That's better. I've never heard the word "spheroid" before, so I wanted to clarify what we were talking about. It is important to be absolutely clear, or there will be a misunderstanding, and the debate cannot continue.

Anyway, the old translators spoke a variant of English that no longer exists, and some modern translators like to change words around to fit their own doctrine. For example, the prophecy of Immanuel didn't say anything about the Messiah being born specifically of a "virgin" but simply of a "young woman."

Now, for more detail on what the Genesis account says, read a Study Torah.

I recommend these authors:

Richard Elliot Friedman
Robert Alter
Everett Fox

riverfox

A slave of Allah (swt)
I understand how pointless it is to support these claims by using that logic,for example Arabic language has never changed since the Qur'an was reveald,yet the Arabic translation of the Bible also states that God rests.
Maybe i really shoud read the OT (Sorry i just can't call that book Torah,Torah is a holy book of Allah doesn't contain such claims) ,if God doesn't rest according to this Bible,and just stopped after the 6th day
then what does Isaiah 66:1 mean?
This is what the LORD says:
"Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
Where is the house you will build for me?
Where will my resting place be?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
I understand how pointless it is to support these claims by using that logic,for example Arabic language has never changed since the Qur'an was reveald,yet the Arabic translation of the Bible also states that God rests.
Maybe i really shoud read the OT (Sorry i just can't call that book Torah,Torah is a holy book of Allah doesn't contain such claims) ,if God doesn't rest according to this Bible,and just stopped after the 6th day
then what does Isaiah 66:1 mean?
"Heaven is my throne,

That doesn't have to mean the place where God kicks back from a hard day's work. That can simply mean the place God is. Poetic license on Isaiah's part. :D

A semi-archaic meaning of "rest" can mean "stop."

By the way, if you're uncomfortable calling it the Torah, there's another name for it: the Pentateuch(PENT-uh-took), which literally means "Five Books." OT means the entire Jewish Tanakh, which contains the Torah, Prophets, and Writings.

riverfox

A slave of Allah (swt)
That doesn't have to mean the place where God kicks back from a hard day's work. That can simply mean the place God is. Poetic license on Isaiah's part. :D

A semi-archaic meaning of "rest" can mean "stop."

By the way, if you're uncomfortable calling it the Torah, there's another name for it: the Pentateuch(PENT-uh-took), which literally means "Five Books." OT means the entire Jewish Tanakh, which contains the Torah, Prophets, and Writings.
God (i don't believe he said it) "was" somewhere when he said this,if i agree that house means the place God is and he said that he wants it,then i have to agree that he didn't say that because he wasn't there,which is impossible.
It would be easier to admit that those who wrote the Bible lied.house means as they wrote, a resting place.
Isaiah 66:1
"Heaven is my throne,

Riverwolf

Premium Member
God (i don't believe he said it) "was" somewhere when he said this,if i agree that house means the place God is and he said that he wants it,then i have to agree that he didn't say that because he wasn't there,which is impossible.
It would be easier to admit that those who wrote the Bible lied.house means as they wrote, a resting place.

If it's the easier way, then it's likely not the right way.

Think about it in terms of poetry, not literalism.

I just read through the section, and I can easily guess what is being said here.

Isaiah, from what I understand, was written during a time when Israel was following pagan religions and sacrificing to idols. God is mourning the fact that no one seems to be giving Him any thought.

Hospitality, from what I understand, is a major part of Jewish culture, and yet no one is offering such to God. Obviously God doesn't need hospitality in the literal sense, but the imagery here is saying that no one is thinking about God, or considering what God did for them.