• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for theists

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Didn't you know? God came and told me- "Christine, I exist". I believed in Him ever since. I haven't heard Him since I started on my new medication. (hahaha, Just a little joke there).

I have a feeling that no one is absolutely sure that God exists. I am reasonably sure God exists- I have some reasons why I believe that I would rather not share anymore (people laughed at me in the past, nonbelievers. I guess I would laugh,too, if I was also a nonbeliever). :)

loverOfTruth

Mohammad was one doing the persecuting too.

He was a warrior with an army behind him. That is quite a contrast to the single solitary figure sent by God to deliver a message. In the bible, God does the fighting, not the prophet.

This is the most ridiculous statement I have seen in support of the Bible and the God of the Bible.

So if an All Loving, All Merciful God(of a particular religion) Himself commits the horrific things, it is better and more believable than if the single human figure/Prophet (who is also doing everything according to God's command) committing those violent things ? I thought to Err is human and God is beyond that. I think you need to reconcile your definition of God with your claims.

And by the way, Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) was fighting wars in self defense and not persecuting people. And I think we have plenty of threads clarifying that and comparing that to the violence in the Bible. So I don't want to derail this thread stating the same again.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Didn't you know? God came and told me- "Christine, I exist". I believed in Him ever since. I haven't heard Him since I started on my new medication. (hahaha, Just a little joke there).

I have a feeling that no one is absolutely sure that God exists. I am reasonably sure God exists- I have some reasons why I believe that I would rather not share anymore (people laughed at me in the past, nonbelievers. I guess I would laugh,too, if I was also a nonbeliever). :)

And what of Moses on the mount?.....
I bet he wasn't laughing.

A disembodied Voice.....and bush on fire for warmth....
No need for food or water.....40 days....

Not to make fun of you...not at all.
But sooner or later.....some kind of Voice will call.

Don't you think so?

Alceste

Vagabond
Yes, waste of time because.. i think you already know what God is, isn't it ? :)

No, I have no idea. I assume you're talking about the god you believe in? I have a better grip on the attributes of Thor. That's because you have not yet described what you're referring to when you say "God". As far as I'm concerned, you could mean anything.

How about giving me some more information:

Is it male, female, or genderless?
Is it corporeal or non-corporeal?
Where does it live?
Does it directly interfere with the lives of human beings?
Did it create the universe?
Is it benevolent or wrathful?

Start there, and I will be able to give you a more detailed response. :)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
And what of Moses on the mount?.....
I bet he wasn't laughing.

A disembodied Voice.....and bush on fire for warmth....
No need for food or water.....40 days....

Not to make fun of you...not at all.
But sooner or later.....some kind of Voice will call.

Don't you think so?

You're taking what I say too seriously. I was trying to be funny.
I do believe that God does speak to people.