• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to both hindus as well as christians.

Jyothi

Arkangel said:
Not with all the viloence around. Even today when i try to speak to people about the teachings in various forums, people only respond that Violence won US the freedom and Stopped Hittler. As if that justifies violence as being good.:shrug:

everything has a bit of good and a bit of evil. how do you view "dushta shikshanarhtha, shista rakshanarthaha"

Arkangel

I am Darth Vader
Jyothi said:
everything has a bit of good and a bit of evil. how do you view "dushta shikshanarhtha, shista rakshanarthaha"

But the present violence is not the last resort that Krishna preached about. It seems in the world of today, Gun solves everything.

Trying to protect yourself or punishing evil does not always mean, using violence. War and killing is always the last option after every other option has run dry.

I know i might be wrong, but i believe in peace and non-violence. However, i am not a person who will sit quitely when someone attacks me or insults me. I give it right back. I have broken a few teeths and nose in my time only to learn they never solved the problem. So there is a contradiction that i am working to correct in myself.

Jyothi

Arkangel said:
But the present violence is not the last resort that Krishna preached about. It seems in the world of today, Gun solves everything.

Trying to protect yourself or punishing evil does not always mean, using violence. War and killing is always the last option after every other option has run dry.

I know i might be wrong, but i believe in peace and non-violence. However, i am not a person who will sit quitely when someone attacks me or insults me. I give it right back. I have broken a few teeths and nose in my time only to learn they never solved the problem. So there is a contradiction that i am working to correct in myself.

Western civilization, is the only civilization in the world to have used organized violence for propagating itself. this is not a word by word quote cos i cant remember, from a book by Samuel Huntington called The Clash of Civilizations. Though i dont fully agree with Mr. Huntington, i agree with the above view he has, as that is fairly factual.

So it is only normal that a society that is dominated by western thought and philosophy, where the western way is considered as superior to other ways, would be fundamentally violent - i am not surprised.

infact if one thinks about it, democracy and freedom does not fit western philosophy or religious framework. if one claims that there is only one way and one view, that cannot be democracy; or can it be?

best regards
Jyothi

Pah

Uber all member
I moved this thread from the Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) to this forum.

Sorry we didn't catch it earlier but the DIR is for discussion of a single faith.

josh24

I am new on all of this stuff and i don't even know if this belongs in this blog i just randonly came across this site....Anyways, it seems that we have more negative karma than positive karma in the world. Can there be souls that never attain salvation?

josh24 said:
I am new on all of this stuff and i don't even know if this belongs in this blog i just randonly came across this site....Anyways, it seems that we have more negative karma than positive karma in the world. Can there be souls that never attain salvation?
:flower2: Yes beloved there can be souls that never attain salvation.......but remember it is of there own choosing no one else.:eek:m:

Well you did say "to christians as well" so I'm assuming it's ok to respond in this thread.

I can't speak for other christians (since that word seems to have so many meanings), but my faith says that there is only one God and that Jesus was God manifested in human form. He's not a second God. He is the one God.

In my belief there is no other who can claim divinity so there's nothing to reconcile.

If Jesus is not a "second God..." and "...The one God" then He cant be the "Son of God" because he is God. Zoroastrianism had Mithras, Egyptians had Osiris, and the Greeks had Dionysus. All had the same birthdate and all mutilated before death and all had a type of resurrection. Every religion has a hierarchy and each one has its savior. All say the same things, and all for the same reasons.