• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions about Satanism?

Well, I am fairly indifferent to luciferianism, it's just another religion to me, and as you explain it, entirely unrelated to Satanism. This Satanism DIR, in this specific thread about Satanism, is probably not the best place to voice it, nor any input I or others might have on that subject.

Xafwak

XFWK
Well, I am fairly indifferent to luciferianism, it's just another religion to me, and as you explain it, entirely unrelated to Satanism. This Satanism DIR, in this specific thread about Satanism, is probably not the best place to voice it, nor any input I or others might have on that subject.

Well it does encourage in the same goals as other LHP ways.

Doesn´t it?

David69

Angel Of The North
The Abyss is where LUCIFER Hangs out! I do in dream too! I love the falling feeling as I plunge through it!

Satanism is a carnal religion, of the flesh; of the mundane world. Satanists generally don't believe in metaphysical places, and I'm no exception. I have seen the abyss metaphorically in that I have witnessed people at their most bestial and seen plenty of death and suffering, but nothing beyond that.

Luminakisharblaze

Doyamo Luminachi
David69--Well, let's see. The Abyss is dark and hot, no fire. You can see although I can't say exactly where the source of light is from, it more just is rather than illuminating from any notable place. The walls are basically like rounded (not smooth) cave like walls and they resemble tar, but are not sticky or slimy. That is the main area. Their is a lower level where Tiamat resides and it is basically bottomless, or at least deep enough that you cannot see or sense the bottom. There is a sort of ledge that is at her heads level (that is not a typo, she has 7 of them). The ledge is so you can stand close enough to see eye to huge eye. Then of course their is the nest which is sort of adjacent to the main room. That area is a little hard to describe since every time I have been there I have been sort of tossed into the nest, so I can only describe it as a chaotic mess of demons.

Any questions?

Also, have you ever heard of Ninkharsag?

Xafwak

XFWK
David69--Well, let's see. The Abyss is dark and hot, no fire. You can see although I can't say exactly where the source of light is from, it more just is rather than illuminating from any notable place. The walls are basically like rounded (not smooth) cave like walls and they resemble tar, but are not sticky or slimy. That is the main area. Their is a lower level where Tiamat resides and it is basically bottomless, or at least deep enough that you cannot see or sense the bottom. There is a sort of ledge that is at her heads level (that is not a typo, she has 7 of them). The ledge is so you can stand close enough to see eye to huge eye. Then of course their is the nest which is sort of adjacent to the main room. That area is a little hard to describe since every time I have been there I have been sort of tossed into the nest, so I can only describe it as a chaotic mess of demons.

Any questions?

Also, have you ever heard of Ninkharsag?

To me the Abyss is extradimensional, so what anybody thinks of the Abyss is just their perception of that extradimensional space.

Oh and I don´t want to hijack this thread, because clearly the atheist satanists don´t believe in the Abyss.

Erebus

Hi again Satan's_Serrated_Edge :)

This question is directed more at your own personal values rather than Satanic values as a whole if that's ok? Having read several of your posts now, I have to ask, what are your thoughts on the Church of Satan as it is today? Do you, for example, consider it to properly embrace and teach Satanism and Satanic philosophy?

The CoS, in my opinion, is a shadow of it's former self. Gilmore is a weak leader, and has managed to drain a necessary element of esoterism out of CoS Satanism through his dry atheistic worldview. Satanism isn't theistic, but there is a certain element of mystery that LaVey found important that has been lost to the new generation under Gilmore.

Also, they have become entangled in a sort of hero worship of LaVey that would rival any Scientologist reverence of Hubbard, and in my opinion LaVey would turn in his grave were he to see it today. They have taken a 'every word of the SB is true and if you disagree with that you aren't a Satanist' stance that is quite reminiscent of southern baptist YEC Christians.

Sure, they have some things right, but they aren't really relevant to those devoted to the LHP in my opinion.

Erebus

The CoS, in my opinion, is a shadow of it's former self. Gilmore is a weak leader, and has managed to drain a necessary element of esoterism out of CoS Satanism through his dry atheistic worldview. Satanism isn't theistic, but there is a certain element of mystery that LaVey found important that has been lost to the new generation under Gilmore.

Also, they have become entangled in a sort of hero worship of LaVey that would rival any Scientologist reverence of Hubbard, and in my opinion LaVey would turn in his grave were he to see it today. They have taken a 'every word of the SB is true and if you disagree with that you aren't a Satanist' stance that is quite reminiscent of southern baptist YEC Christians.

Sure, they have some things right, but they aren't really relevant to those devoted to the LHP in my opinion.

I had a sneaking suspicion you wouldn't be keen on them but I didn't want to be presumptuous ;)
Very much agree with you on them losing the sense of mystery too.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Ave SSE!

My question is about the Black Mass. As I see it a Black Mass is for those who desire to purge themselves of their RHP upbringing as they proclaim themselves Satanists, usually in a ritual setting. When I first proclaimed myself a Satanist at the age of 14 1/2 years old what I did was two different things.

Firstly, I ritualistically burned a copy of the holy bible (buy bull) while reciting the Invocation of Satan in the "Satanic Bible" and reading the first Enochian Key both in Enochian and English.

Secondly, I spent months writing Satanic AntiChristian poetry and lyrics for a black metal band I formed.

Would these acts be considered as Black Masses, purging myself from my very early formative years being taught to be a Christian? Actually, I think I really became Satanic at the age of 9 after seeing the movie "The Amityville Horror" and thereafter became fascinated with haunted houses which later grow into an interest in the occult and eventually the Black Arts. It all seemed only natural to me, becoming a Satanist/Black Magician.

I already know the answer, but would enjoy reading your Satanic point of view.

/Adramelek\

Last edited:
The 'Black mass' started out as a christian scare tactic. Better baptize those babies and say your prayers or the evil Satanists will snatch you both as you sleep, don'tcha know!

Of course there was no black mass as described by the white lighters, it was pure propaganda. You are correct, however, about it's contemporary definition within Satanism. As it is with all ritual magic, The Black Mass is purposed for inner change. A catalyst for shaking free the conditioning of the slave religion.

I think any ritual devoted to that specific purpose could be called 'black mass' myself. I see no reason why the traditional steps are important. After all, if a ritual isn't catered to the needs of the celebrant it is sort of pointless.

this was a good post , I enjoyed your comments over coffee, If you come knockin , their will be nobody home . and no one will answer the phone ..

I had a sneaking suspicion you wouldn't be keen on them but I didn't want to be presumptuous ;)
Very much agree with you on them losing the sense of mystery too.
well somebody's got to do it , and the Dr appointed him , so i have to respect that ,
We all have our trinkets of opinion , and the left hand path , their is no winner other than your self , guess well just have to take out the woopie coushion , and "ATTENSHUN ! RIGHT FACE WHOOPIE !
Lets add some entertaining fun to things, and care less, I know Id like to be the # 1 in charge , sure. but finding the responcability waneing ..
id rather be alone and swiming in Extacy ! Enjoying the Self ! as long as everyone stays off my Feet , everything is A OK .. Joey Crosby

well somebody's got to do it , and the Dr appointed him
That actually isn't true. LaVey had no part in Gilmore becoming high priest, he was appointed by Blanche Barton well after Dr.LaVeys death. She then stepped aside as high priestess to make way for Peggy Nadramia, who is the true ruling force behind the church now.

Gilmore is just a figurehead.

The CoS could be great again but they would need a charismatic and powerful leader. I think James Sass would be an excellent choice myself, or even Zeena LaVey were she to somehow fall into that position again. Were that to happen I might even consider membership myself. Till then I'll just keep doing my thing on my own :)