• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions to atheists

MaxPayne

Brain User
Hi, fear God
Do you obey the rules and laws with ease or you feel hard that you are pushed to do so,such as you wish to park your car in a place where itsn't allowed to do so.
If others can obey the rules why can't I? Although I hate to follow stupid rules, I usually do it to avoid any kind of friction with anyone.
Do you hate orders,do this ,do that.
Rules tend to change with time. Best rules are aimed at welfare and scientific progress of the society, I have no problem in obeying such rules.
Are you happy to help someone in the road having some troubles with his car,such as to give some push,or car battery charging....etc
Yes, surely! if I am not in a hurry.
Do you feel happy to help somebody in need,poor family and the like.
Yes, I do.
Do you find it easy to forgive someone who was rude with you.
No, It is very hard for me to forgive. I tend to avoid further contact with that person, because he might do that again.
Do you like to have more than one sex partner (polyamory)
Yes, but only when I am excited.
Do you feel happy with gambling
Actually I am not that rich and cannot take that risk. If I had lot of money I might consider this. But I won't spend much, I keep it safe and sane!
Do you prefer spiritual drinks than other drinks
What is that?I like soft drinks.
Do you think you are good to your parents,i mean do you obey or disobey them.
No, I think I can do better at this.
Do you like gossiping or usually doing it.
I hate this, I really really really hate gossip mongers, dunno why.
Are you fond with bacon and similar products of pork meat
Strictly Veggie
Do you feel happy to talk against god or feeling glad to let others choose your way.
Depends on the person! I usually let the insane have their way. I feel happy if that person is giving some thought on things that I am saying, A lot of people do that, In fact.
Do you usually keep a secret or expose it.
Very bad at keeping silly secrets! But if its life threatening/altering...then I know whats good for me and others.

Last edited:

egcroc

we're all stardust
Do you obey the rules and laws with ease or you feel hard that you are pushed to do so,such as you wish to park your car in a place where itsn't allowed to do so.

Rules are usually a good thing, they help organize everything in our lives, I have no problem obeying them as long as they make sense

Not Really, I spent some time in military service... sure it was quite annoying at first, but by the time you get used to taking orders, they're not that annoying after all, as long as you're sure those orders are for a greater good

Are you happy to help someone in the road having some troubles with his car,such as to give some push,or car battery charging....etc

Sure, as long as I can give'm a hand, no problem...

always a pleasure...

yes

more than one?!!!, dude you're talking to a 24-year old virgin :D

never gambled in my life

Actually I prefer some fresh fruit to go with my lunch, never tasted Alcohol in my life

I'm still Good to my parents even after my apostasy, I used to do it first to please God but now I'm doing it to make a couple of old folks Happy and proud of their son

not much

never tasted it, I prefer Syrian Shawarma and eggs with Pastrami...

Do you feel happy to talk against god or feeling glad to let others choose your way.

not sure about that, I'm not anti-theist and I don't believe religion is necessarily evil, So I don't care if people convert to or leave a certain religion... if believing in some fairy tale makes them better people so be it.. but when they start imposing their fairy tales on others, that's when the problem starts

oh I'm a very secretive person

Last edited:

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
i have some questions in mind for atheists and others who refuse the idea that god do exist,hope that you'll answer with sincerity.
Sounds fair enough
No. I tend to be law abiding and that doesn't usually bother me.
I don't have qualms with authority no. At least not the idea of it.
Of course! I try to do so. Currently I have a few of those big mix bags of potato chips to give to the homeless that sit at intersections. Its not much but I do like to give them something. The original idea was my wife's and she too is an atheist.
I do all the time. I am very happy to do so.
Usually. Depends on the situation but its no harder for me to forgive someone that another person I would imagine. I tend to be kind of chill.
Not at a time. I am monogamous with the partner that I have at any given point in time.
Not unless I'm on a hot streak! jk jk. No I don't gamble. The mathematical statistics are pretty clear that you don't win.
You mean alcoholic? I have a good drink now and then but I drink water primarily
I think I'm respectful to them. Sometimes they disagree but it comes with parent-child relationships.
I hate gossiping. That is a huge pet peeve of mine.
Hell yeah! (unintentional pun)
That is hard to say. Most of the time I don't care if people are religious or not. But I always feel good when people take time to really adhere to reason and logic. Though I enjoy debate and the most active debate sites are almost always religious. So its not that I get some kind of thrill from debating against god but rather I enjoy debate to begin with
I don't hide it but I don't advertise it. If people care to know I will tell them. Otherwise its simply irrelevant.
enough questions at the moment,but please try to answer them with sincerity,i aint going to make any arguement.thanks :)

Good deal. Hope I was helpful.

edwinic

i have some questions in mind for atheists and others who refuse the idea that god do exist,hope that you'll answer with sincerity.
Will do my best.

I believe in rules, yes I obey with ease.

Sometimes

Yes I am happy to help providing I am not in a big rush.

Not much.

Rude, if its habitual rudeness, no i dont find it easy to forgive. First encounter rudeness, I am okay with it.

Like girlfriend besides my wife? Yes I do like that.

I am from non-gamblig family. When I reached the age of independence, I tried to gamble to see what its all about. I enjoyed that but I am not gambling anymore.

Yes, occassionally.

Yes, I think I am good to them

Office gossips, yes I like it but not seeking.

All the time.

I am happy to talk about god. I like people to think for themselves.

I like to keep it secret but Im not saying I did not divulged some of it.

enough questions at the moment,but please try to answer them with sincerity,i aint going to make any arguement.thanks :)
Thanks..interesting.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat

I am not a sheep, I follow the rules where I must, where I accept them and where it suits me.

That depends on the circumstances, there is a time and place for orders.

Absolutely yes.

Yes and yes.

No.

I do not gamble.

I like both.

My parent is elderly, I care for her - she's a blast, but would not think to order me about.

No.

Yes!

I don't feel bad talking about an imaginary being, and yes I do feel a little gladness when others also abandon these old myths.

Keep it.

Nymphs

Depends on the law. If it is a ridiculous law that is antiquated and has the morality of the Judeo-Christian ideals stuck to it, then typically, no, I don't 'obey' it.

What do you mean by orders?

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

Not all the time, but I'm working on it. I'm not perfect. ;)

I am polyamorous, but your description is not polyamory. Polyamory is the is the practice, desire, or acceptance of having more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved.

I don't gamble, I suck at it. :eek:

Meaning?

I'm almost 30 years old, my parents really don't have much say in what I do in my life. I do try to respect them as they respect me.

Nope.

Nope. Vegetarian.

God doesn't exist, sooo......I can't really talk against something that isn't there.

I'm pretty damn good at keeping secrets, if they need to be kept.

Maldini

I think it would be nicer if you told us the reason behind this, but I'm bored so I'll answer them.

Do you obey the rules and laws with ease or you feel hard that you are pushed to do so,such as you wish to park your car in a place where isn't allowed to do so.
The ones that I like,I obey effortlessly.

The ones that I don't like but understand, I obey with a little bit of difficulty.

The ones that I don't understand, I always give it benefit of the doubt, but I'll try to find out whether there's something wrong with them or not, and If I'm convinced they are bad rules, I'll disobey them as much as I can without getting into trouble, and then I either try to change the rule, or change the environment.

Parking a car in a forbidden place is the type of rule I easily obey, since we need it very obviously.

Always, as long as I'm not in a hurry. I always hate people who can offer help but they don't when I'm the one needing the help.

Of course, I always participate in charities as much as I'm able to. One of the happiest moments of my life was when I helped 5 poor kids who were living in a government center for troubled kids graduate high school.
Of course, I usually never react when people attack me, and as a result they have always come forward to apologize because I didn't do anything. I've even made a couple of friends this way.

Depends on the situation, I never have but I can see myself doing that.
No, Because I'm not a good loser, so I only participate in stuff that I can afford to lose in and I have a chance to make up for the loss without having to suffer.

I don't understand you, but if you mean alcohol, then no. It's against the law where I live, so you have to buy it from underground sellers which makes it untrustworthy and too expensive.

Since the day i turned 18, I've not accepted whatever they told me to do just because they are my parents. i respect them but I've also had many ugly fights with them.

Hate it. don't see the fun in it.

Again, illegal where I live. I've never tasted it so i don't know if I'd like it.

In my early days as an atheist, I'd like to that but now, I don't feel happy doing it, it's painful actually. But I'll always speak against God or religion whenever i think it's something I should do.

Always keep them. I really like it when people trust me with their stuff, so I don't wanna disappoint them.

Last edited:

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

Do you obey the rules and laws with ease or you feel hard that you are pushed to do so,such as you wish to park your car in a place where itsn't allowed to do so.Yes, I do obey rules

Do you hate orders,do this ,do that. That depends, if it is someone who thinks they have a right to give orders, when in reality, they don't, then yes.

Are you happy to help someone in the road having some troubles with his car,such as to give some push,or car battery charging....etc Absolutely... Done it before as a matter of fact.

Do you feel happy to help somebody in need,poor family and the like. Yes, particularly children, the elderly, and those with special needs.

Do you find it easy to forgive someone who was rude with you. Sure... I'll pout about it for about 10 minutes or so, then I'm over it.

Do you like to have more than one sex partner (polyamory) Can't really say for sure. I'm bisexual, but I've only ever been in committed monogamous relationships (most of them women)

Do you feel happy with gambling I've done it before. I don't think it's wrong, but if there is a possibility of losing, then I will probably not take my chances, just to be safe.

Do you prefer spiritual drinks than other drinks. I'm only 20, so that's illegal here in the states, so, needless to say, I'm not much of a drinker.

Do you think you are good to your parents,i mean do you obey or disobey them. Absolutely. As long as I am under their house, whatever they say, goes.

Do you like gossiping or usually doing it. Nope. Yuck.

Are you fond with bacon and similar products of pork meat. Mmmmmm... Bacon!

Do you feel happy to talk against god or feeling glad to let others choose your way. Depends, If they are shoving their beliefs down my throat, yes, I will defend myself, otherwise, feel free to believe whatever you want.

Do you usually keep a secret or expose it. If someone trusts me enough to tell me a secret, then they deserve to have that secret kept, so yes, I keep secrets.

Altfish

Veteran Member

I generally obey all laws, although I may argue for them to be changed; certainly I obey simple things like parking restrictions

Not great with orders. I prefer request for my assistance from people I respect. I can occasionally see the benefit of 'orders' in emergency situations.

Oh, yes, I enjoy helping people.

As above

Not easy to forgive and I will probably cross them off my friends list.

No

I occasionally gamble and enjoy it. But I gamble well within my ability to afford it. e.g. I am going to Chester Races later this month, I have a budget for the day which includes a £10 bet on each race. Hopefully, I'll have at least one winner but if not my maximum loss will be £60.

Not sure what you mean by 'spiritual' drinks. If you mean alcohol, yes I enjoy it, but I only drink alcohol a couple of times per week; rest of the time it is tea and orange juice.

I am good to my parents but I do not obey them or disobey them. We have a mutually respectful relationship.

I don't dislike it, but don't make a habit of it and try not to harm people by what I am saying.

Love them, a bacon butty is up there with my all time favourite foods

As on here, I will debate and argue against the existence of a god. I am certainly NOT glad to let others choose my way

Keep it when told in confidence.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru

Actually too many. The thread is old but now revived so I answer. I am a Hindu atheist.

1. I follow the rules happily. Dharma is important in Hinduism.
2. Some, if unfair, not all.
3. Yes, I would be happy to do that. Actually it is 'dharma' to help others.
4. Same as above.
5. If it is an injustice against me, I may forgive, but not against others (not in my authority) or society (a wrong doer must be punished).
6. No. Hindus are monogamists.
7. That is a bad habit. I do not gamble.
8. I like all kinds of drinks.
9. I must, that is my duty (dharma).
10. Not a good habit. I do not encourage that.
11. Except for beef, which is prohibited for Hindus, I like all kinds of non-vegetarian food (I am a brahmin but non-vegetarian food is not prohibited for us).
12. No, I do not feel happy to oppose theists. I have my way, they have theirs. Why should I be against their way?
13. If I am entrusted with a secret, I would not divulge it. I try to be truthful. Lord Rama is supposed to have said that 'truth is the God in this world' (Satyam eva ishwaro loke). Kindly note that it is not 'God is truth in this world'. And that 'Satyen nasti param padam' (there is no station higher than truth).

idea

Question Everything
Forgive me for stirring the pot a little bit...

Napoleon Bonaparte was an atheist, he ignored treaties and conventions, seeking undisputed rule throughout Europe. ...he killed six million Europeans.

“if a person doesn’t think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges?” - Jeffrey Dahmer - killed seventeen men and boys, dismembering them, storing their parts and indulging in cannibalism and necrophilia.

see -
Religious people are 'better neighbors' - USATODAY.com
Religious people are 'better neighbors'

[youtube]imuaiRO5mSQ[/youtube]
Christians Give MORE to Charity than Atheists - YouTube

Stalin ordered purges within the Soviet Union of any person deemed to be an enemy of the state (i.e. capitalists, theists). In total, estimates of the total number murdered under Stalin’s reign, range from 10 million to 60 million. His government promoted atheism with mass propaganda in school, and held a terror campaign against the religious. He crushed the Russian Orthodox Church, leveling thousands of churches and shooting more than 100,000 priests, monks and nuns between 1937 and 1938.

Mao Zedong (atheist leader of China) exacted revenge on all those, mainly intellectuals and professionals, who had disgraced Mao in his earlier career. He targeted anyone with links to the Chinese Nationalist Party as well as anyone who posed a threat to him. Five million were executed in death camps. 36 million were persecuted and tortured. There were even instances of cannibalism.

Pol Pot's (Prime Minister of Cambodia) regime singled out all intellectuals, and other “bourgeois enemies”, for murder. The Khmer Rouge committed mass executions in sites known as the Killing Fields, and the executed were buried in mass graves. In order to save ammunition, executions were often carried out using hammers, axe handles, spades or sharpened bamboo sticks. His attempts to “cleanse” the country resulted in the deaths of 1.7 to 2.5 million people. He also had an intense dislike of anyone with the semblance of being intelligent, such as those who wore glasses or who spoke another language.

Kim Jong-Il, the atheist de facto leader of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, responsible for the deaths of at least four million Koreans. .... Those caught stealing food in the famine-struck nation, or attempting to cross the borders, are subject to public execution. Kim is continuing his lavish lifestyle and military obsession in spite of the crumbling economy.... 250,000 dissidents are confined to “re-education camps”. ...

Alfred Kinsey...

Jim Jones “took the church and used the church to bring people to atheism”. In 1978, 909 people at the restricted communist “sanctuary” he presided over in Jonestown, Guyana, committed “revolutionary suicide” at his command. Men, women and children took a vial of cyanide and died within five minutes. This event was the largest single loss of American civilian life, in a non-natural disaster, up until 9/11.

Mao Zedong killed between 20 and 67 million of his “comrades”. His “Cultural Revolution”, led to perhaps the greatest era of cultural vandalism the world has ever known. Antiques, historical sites, artifacts, ancient documents, feng shui traditions, Chinese traditional dresses and monasteries were destroyed for being associated with the “old ways of thinking”. Many copies of the Qu’ran were burnt.

Despite what anyone here will say, when looking through history, atheists have certainly killed the most people, oppressed the most people etc. Just sayin...

Alceste

Vagabond

Napoleon Bonaparte was an atheist, he ignored treaties and conventions, seeking undisputed rule throughout Europe. ...he killed six million Europeans.

“if a person doesn’t think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges?” - Jeffrey Dahmer - killed seventeen men and boys, dismembering them, storing their parts and indulging in cannibalism and necrophilia.

see -

Stalin ordered purges within the Soviet Union of any person deemed to be an enemy of the state (i.e. capitalists, theists). In total, estimates of the total number murdered under Stalin’s reign, range from 10 million to 60 million. His government promoted atheism with mass propaganda in school, and held a terror campaign against the religious. He crushed the Russian Orthodox Church, leveling thousands of churches and shooting more than 100,000 priests, monks and nuns between 1937 and 1938.

Mao Zedong (atheist leader of China) exacted revenge on all those, mainly intellectuals and professionals, who had disgraced Mao in his earlier career. He targeted anyone with links to the Chinese Nationalist Party as well as anyone who posed a threat to him. Five million were executed in death camps. 36 million were persecuted and tortured. There were even instances of cannibalism.

Pol Pot's (Prime Minister of Cambodia) regime singled out all intellectuals, and other “bourgeois enemies”, for murder. The Khmer Rouge committed mass executions in sites known as the Killing Fields, and the executed were buried in mass graves. In order to save ammunition, executions were often carried out using hammers, axe handles, spades or sharpened bamboo sticks. His attempts to “cleanse” the country resulted in the deaths of 1.7 to 2.5 million people. He also had an intense dislike of anyone with the semblance of being intelligent, such as those who wore glasses or who spoke another language.

Kim Jong-Il, the atheist de facto leader of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, responsible for the deaths of at least four million Koreans. .... Those caught stealing food in the famine-struck nation, or attempting to cross the borders, are subject to public execution. Kim is continuing his lavish lifestyle and military obsession in spite of the crumbling economy.... 250,000 dissidents are confined to “re-education camps”. ...

Alfred Kinsey...

Jim Jones “took the church and used the church to bring people to atheism”. In 1978, 909 people at the restricted communist “sanctuary” he presided over in Jonestown, Guyana, committed “revolutionary suicide” at his command. Men, women and children took a vial of cyanide and died within five minutes. This event was the largest single loss of American civilian life, in a non-natural disaster, up until 9/11.

Mao Zedong killed between 20 and 67 million of his “comrades”. His “Cultural Revolution”, led to perhaps the greatest era of cultural vandalism the world has ever known. Antiques, historical sites, artifacts, ancient documents, feng shui traditions, Chinese traditional dresses and monasteries were destroyed for being associated with the “old ways of thinking”. Many copies of the Qu’ran were burnt.

Despite what anyone here will say, when looking through history, atheists have certainly killed the most people, oppressed the most people etc. Just sayin...

Maybe if you look at history in some fancy way that omits the entirety of the dark ages, the Spanish inquisition, witch trials, the crusades, slavery, residential schools and modern Christian murderers like Hitler, Pinochet, Bush and Blair.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Also, what leads you to believe that Jim Jones "led people to atheism"?

Or for that matter, that atheism played any role at all in those other scandals?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Let's go over this one more time...

tumblr_mzmkmapY6d1sxqpj6o1_1280.jpg

Bunyip

pro scapegoat

see -

Alfred Kinsey...

That is about as bad an argument as it is possible to make.

Just as a heads up - here is a few things that you clearly do not know about just one of your examples there, Stalin.

Stalin was raised in a Christian community and was educated and trained in a seminary where he was studying towards the Priesthood.

Stalin is the founder of the Eastern Orthodox Church and opened tens of thousands of churches. The Soviet Union under Stalin was Statist, not atheist.

Blaming the sins of Stalin is just absurd, it is forgetting that atheism is not a worldview and that no crime is commited in the name of atheism, because atheism has no ideology or agenda to persue.

Stalin was a Christian, Mao was from a culture that has no concept of god, and in which the term 'atheist' was essentially meaningless. Jim Jones was a Christian, Kim Jong Il is a worshipped as a god in Nth Korea and so it has nothing to do with atheism either, in fact - like China it is a country where they do not have a theistic conception of god, and so atheism is essentially meaningless.

Oh yeah - Pol Pot. Did you know that he was a buddhist?

Lastly, your math is terrible - if you add up the deaths from religious conflicts over the last centuries it eclipses the number you attribute (falsely) to atheism several times over - some 800 million people.

Last edited:

samosasauce

I honestly do, I am very uncomfortable with the idea of breaking laws to be quite honest

Sometimes but only if I feel disrespected

I would be, but I'm not much help so I'd be wasting everyone's time

Yes of course!!

It's harder for me to forgive someone who is rude to other people

Nope

Er... idk? It's pretty worthless and it does nearly nothing for you

Spiritual? As in alcoholic? I hate alcohol, the idea of it makes me sick to my stomach

I do disobey my parents but only for fear of disappointing them, ironically as that may seem

No

Only sausage, but then again chicken and turkey sausage are much better

I think it's disrespectful to talk down anyone's spiritual beliefs, except for reasons why people may go to hell if there's no proof of it

I do keep secrets but usually because I can't think of the right words or time to release them

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
[snip]
Lastly, your math is terrible - if you add up the deaths from religious conflicts over the last centuries it eclipses the number you attribute (falsely) to atheism several times over - some 800 million people.

Religious war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

~25 million attributed to religious war, this figure counts famine, disease and genocide during the conflicts presented, as well. Consider the famine and disease a gimme. And that's the high estimates. Can you show your oh-so-excellent math for the other 775 million?

Nymphs

His crimes weren't in the name of atheism...now were they? Even if that were the case, like any other person, there are good people and bad people. He was a bad person.

Do you really think this? People have said similar things like, if you don't have a god, what is keeping you from raping, killing, etc. Well, guess what, I rape all I want...and you want to know how much that is? Zero. Zilch. None. I don't want to rape, kill, etc. because I don't want to. It has nothing to do with being an atheist.

Your links are nice, but there is also this:

Atheists 'just as ethical as churchgoers'

Not in the the name of atheism...in the name of power. Please learn how to distinctly separate the two.

Yeah....no. An atheist may have killed a person, but not in the name of atheism. Check your numbers on how many have been killed in the name of Christianity and then we can talk.