• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quran: a verse & a comment

Cordoba

Week 18

Prophet Moses, peace be upon him, is mentioned in The Qur'an in many chapters, including Chapter 28 titled (Al-Qasa) of The Stories.

The following are the first 9 verses from this chapter:

1. Tâ, Seen, Meem.

2. These are the verses of the clear Book.

3. We recite to you from the news of Moses and Pharaoh in truth for a people who believe.

4. Indeed, Pharaoh exalted himself in the land and made its people into factions, oppressing a sector among them, slaughtering their [newborn] sons and keeping their females alive. Indeed, he was of the corrupters.

5. And We wanted to confer favor upon those who were oppressed in the land and make them leaders and make them inheritors

6. And establish them in the land and show Pharaoh and [his minister] Hâmân and their soldiers through them that which they had feared.

7. And We inspired to the mother of Moses, “Suckle him; but when you fear for him, cast him into the river and do not fear and do not grieve. Indeed, We will return him to you and will make him [one] of the messengers.”

8. And the family of Pharaoh picked him up [out of the river] so that he would become to them an enemy and a [cause of] grief. Indeed, Pharaoh and Hâmân and their soldiers were deliberate sinners.

9. And the wife of Pharaoh said, “[He will be] a comfort of the eye for me and for you. Do not kill him; perhaps he may benefit us, or we may adopt him as a son.” And they perceived not.

For a comprehensive background introduction to this chapter, please have a look at this page:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/ma...mau28.html#S28

If you would like to listen to the recitation of this chapter, with each verse followed by its English translation, please choose # 28 from this page:

http://english.islamway.com/bindex.p...recitor_id=171

Best wishes for a nice weekend and a good week ahead.

Peace and all the best.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
[214] Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of Bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah" ah! verily, the help of Allah is (always) near! (Quran 2:214)

This verse always increase my faith because it makes me aware that whatever trials and tests we face in this life, it's just part of being a Muslim, because we chose the right path over falsehood.

On the other hand, this life for many of the unbelievers is just like what Allah described in the Quran:

[196] Let not the strutting about of the Unbelievers through the land deceive thee:

[197] Little is it for enjoyment: their ultimate abode is Hell; what an evil bed (to lie on)! (Quran 3:196-197)

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
119. Verily, I will mislead them, and surely, I will arouse in them false desires; and certainly, I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allâh." And whoever takes Shaitân (Satan) as a Walî (protector or helper) instead of Allâh, has surely suffered a manifest loss. (an-nisa)

This is one of my favorite most insightful verses of Quran. It answers the question in my mind as to why people seem to hvae come away from the natures tht Allah ingrained in us upon our creation. Why also people seem to gravitate towards things that innately are wrong. Like you will find people who agree that incest is not a problem nowadays. It used to be a time where that wasn't even an issue worthy of discussion on whether it was right or wrong. Now it is a question. Many other things besides are now issues that weren't not all that long ago. I just see the mankind slipping futher into the darkness of their own desires to our ultimate spiritual demise.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's how human beings will go into more darkness than what is it at right now, adopting a man made law will not be as the law of God. They will alter more and more to fit their desires and they will never stop. Allah is the all knowing. :)

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
. They will alter more and more to fit their desires and they will never stop. Allah is the all knowing. :)

I guess that's why people don't like the law of Allah huh. It ultimately cannot be changed, so therefore to assuage my ego and fit my nafs, I will create a religion, sect or whatever to incorporate some Godly law (so that it has an inkling of truth) and mix it with some rules I'm more comfortable with. Or don't have any rules better yet. Then I will be justified in doing those things that normally are considered wrong.

I guess that's the line of thought of a person on the road to things like, bid'ah, kufr, shirk, and the making of their own relgious codes.

Apple Pie

The Truth said:
Thank you guys .. :)

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

[1] Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

[2] Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

[3] He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

[4] And there is none like unto Him. (Quran 112:1-4)

This is a very short Surah in Quran but i never found a comprehnsive and perfect description for God more than this one.

By the way, this Surah is equal to 1/3 of the Quran which means it's so great and have huge value in Islam.

All of the verbs in sura 112 are in the imperfect (incomplete) tense...

Thus...all this sura is stating is that there will be no more begotten sons...it, in no way, denies the begotten Son Jesus, that ocurred in the past...

And...as amply demonstrated in 4.171...Jesus is indeed the Son...

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Apple Pie said:
All of the verbs in sura 112 are in the imperfect (incomplete) tense...

Thus...all this sura is stating is that there will be no more begotten sons...it, in no way, denies the begotten Son Jesus, that ocurred in the past...

And...as amply demonstrated in 4.171...Jesus is indeed the Son...

You can ask this in this link below and i'll be glad to answer you as soon as possible.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123

Please my brothers and sisters, i don't want anyone to respond to this post of him because we are all aware of what he is doing now and what he used to do. Just ignore his posts or make him in your ignore list.

Thank you.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
[8] How (can there be such a league), seeing that if they get an advantage over you, they respect not in you the ties either of kinship or of covenant? With (fair words from) their mouths they entice you, but their hearts are averse from you; and most of them are rebellious and wicked. (Quran 9:8)

This verse is so clear and show us that if the unbelievers took over our land and become so powerful much more than us, so they will never respect any covenant, and we will get nothing except a nice talk and false promises *if there is*.

I mentioned it because i just heard an entire speech by brother amru khalid about this verse and the situation and Palestine and how our holy land will return to us. It must start within us, the struggle to fix ourselves, purify our souls from any evil or bad intentions toward our brothers and sisters, and to be faithful again, then Allah will help us definitely inshAllah.

Apple Pie

The Truth said:
Please my brothers and sisters, i don't want anyone to respond to this post of him because we are all aware of what he is doing now and what he used to do. Just ignore his posts or make him in your ignore list.

Thank you.

Ignoring the truth won't make it go away...

bangsamoro

Bravo, brother Cordova...

I am new here but I really appreaciate your efforts to contributing your knowledge and wisdom to us.

Sukran katheeran...

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
[7] He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book; in it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are not of well-established meaning. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is not of well-established meaning. Seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its true meanings except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding. (Quran 3:7)

After this verse was recited by Prophet Mohammed, he said, if you saw those who argue in it "Quran" so be aware of them for they are those whom Allah described in this verse. That's why our beloved Prophet mentioned in another hadith that this Ummah will be divided into 73 sect and only one will go to heaven, and when his companions asked him which one?

The answer was, those who are in the same path as Prophet Mohammed and his companions.

Also, prophet Mohammed mentioned in one of the hadiths that there will be some people in his Ummah who read the Quran, break it, and divide the word of God into many peicies to lose it's meaning, to redefine it's original meaning and twist it from it's true meaning.

That's why Allah said: but no one knows its true meanings except Allah.

That's why we just have to follow what Prophet Mohammed taught us and follow his great companions after him as he commanded us.

Ibn Abbas (the cousin of prophet Mohammed) said, the Tafseer is divided into 4 categories:

1- A Tafseer which everybody can grasp.
2- A Tafseer which only the Arabian tribes understand from their own languages.
3- A Tafseer which only those who are firmly grounded in knowledge (mentioned in the verse above) can grasp and fully understand.
4- A Tafseer which no one knows about except Allah almighty. (end of the tasfeer)

Translated from Tafseer of Ibn Katheer in the link below:
http://quran.al-islam.com/Tafseer/DispTafsser.asp?nType=1&bm=&nSeg=0&l=arb&nSora=3&nAya=7&taf=KATHEER&tashkeel=0

That's why brothers and sisters, what we see from arguing about the word of God and disputing in it's meaning is not healthy at all and it won't lead us to any solid clear way but it will just increase the conflict because we are arguing without knowledge, because this is the word of Allah and he only can explain for us it's true meaning, and if really there was no need for Prophet Mohammed to explain and teach us the word of Allah, then God would simply send a flying book from heaven and all can understand it in his/her way.

We have to understand that following our own desires and what Saytan whisper in our ears and push into our hearts is so dangerous and it might lead to disbelief.

[27] O ye Children of Adam! let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as he got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where ye cannot see them: We made the Evil Ones friends (only) to those without Faith. (Quran 7:27)

That's why, we just have to follow what Prophet Mohammed taught us and follow his last words to us O Muslims...

"Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Quran and my example, the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O God, that I have conveyed your message to your people".(End of the hadith)​

Alhamdulilah, Allah blessed our Ummah with this great prophet of Allah, the final messenger.

O Prophet of Allah, i have conveyed your message.