• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quran has 102 errors and contradictions in it, do you want to see them.

Dear All,

Quran has 102 errors and contradictions in it do you want to see them.

Here is the first one. Quran 41:7-2 says earth was created before heaven. surah 79:27 to 34 says heaven was created before earth that is the first contradiction for you.

You can ask your questions.

stvdv

Veteran Member
Here is the first one. Quran 41:7-2 says earth was created before heaven.
When I googled, that verse doesn't say that.

Would be better if you just share the verse, written out, to avoid misunderstanding. Maybe the internet version I read is incorrect (I know I can't trust internet data nowadays)

The second verse is correct

When I googled, that verse doesn't say that.

Would be better if you just share the verse, written out, to avoid misunderstanding. Maybe the internet version I read is incorrect (I know I can't trust internet data nowadays)

The second verse is correct
Thanks.

[Fussilat 41:9-12] Here Allah says that He created the earth in two days, then He placed therein firm mountains and measured therein its sustenance in four days, which makes six days in all. Then He created the heavens in two days, so the total comes to eight days.

Here it says earth first the verse i showed earlier says heavens first clear contradiction it is

Betho_br

The Christian Bible (New Testament) mentions at least three heavens (2 Corinthians 12:2). However, this alone raises an argument against your assertion, as Earth could have been created before the first heaven and after the other celestial heavens. Nevertheless:

1. The Quran must be interpreted in Arabic.
  2. The Surahs are mixed like a "deck of cards," and how they should be interpreted is the responsibility of accredited Islamic scholars, not merely recited.
  3. The Quran is not studied in the same way as the Christian Bible; the exegetical methods are different. I suspect that many of these supposed "102 errors" are merely profanation.
The world is full of ethnic, racial, and religious affronts. I admire many religions, but it is extremely tiresome and herculean to understand each of them. The more we learn about them, the more we see how many who claim to follow them actually know very little, especially when acting with malice.

The Christian Bible (New Testament) mentions at least three heavens (2 Corinthians 12:2). However, this alone raises an argument against your assertion, as Earth could have been created before the first heaven and after the other celestial heavens. Nevertheless:

2. The Surahs are mixed like a "deck of cards," and how they should be interpreted is the responsibility of accredited Islamic scholars, not merely recited.
  3. The Quran is not studied in the same way as the Christian Bible; the exegetical methods are different. I suspect that many of these supposed "102 errors" are merely profanation.
The world is full of ethnic, racial, and religious affronts. I admire many religions, but it is extremely tiresome and herculean to understand each of them. The more we learn about them, the more we see how many who claim to follow them actually know very little, especially when acting with malice.
Betho all that is fine. do you have an explanation for the versus i showed which contradicts each other?

Betho_br

Is that question targeted to me or you are saying other muslims will answer that question
1) When it comes to Jesus, there are indeed similarities both for Muslims and for the Ebionites.

2) The descriptions of creation in sacred texts are often presented in ways that highlight theological points rather than scientific timelines. The nuances of the original Arabic text reveal this complexity:

- **سماء (samā')**: This word is often translated as "heaven" or "sky" and can refer to both the physical sky and the broader concept of the heavens.
- **سماوات (samawāt)**: This plural form specifically refers to the seven heavens, a concept found in Islamic cosmology.

The possibility of different stages or processes in creation is a recurring theme in Qur'anic interpretations by Islamic scholars.

3) There are other beneficial theological interpretations besides just focusing on the apparent 'contradiction.' However, speaking for myself, I do not reject interpretations based on the logic of literal contradictions. The respect is mutual.

1) When it comes to Jesus, there are indeed similarities both for Muslims and for the Ebionites.

2) The descriptions of creation in sacred texts are often presented in ways that highlight theological points rather than scientific timelines. The nuances of the original Arabic text reveal this complexity:

- **سماء (samā')**: This word is often translated as "heaven" or "sky" and can refer to both the physical sky and the broader concept of the heavens.
- **سماوات (samawāt)**: This plural form specifically refers to the seven heavens, a concept found in Islamic cosmology.

The possibility of different stages or processes in creation is a recurring theme in Qur'anic interpretations by Islamic scholars.

3) There are other beneficial theological interpretations besides just focusing on the apparent 'contradiction.' However, speaking for myself, I do not reject interpretations based on the logic of literal contradictions. The respect is mutual.
Friend layers of heaven is immaterial here the verses i showed clearly says earth was created before heaven and other verse heaven or in your words 7 heavens were created before earth. no where it says heaven was created then earth then other heavens. now shall I show you the next error.

Betho_br

Friend layers of heaven is immaterial here the verses i showed clearly says earth was created before heaven and other verse heaven or in your words 7 heavens were created before earth. no where it says heaven was created then earth then other heavens. now shall I show you the next error.
You didn’t understand anything about the beneficial thematic focus I pointed out. The primary objective may not be to establish an absolute chronological order but to highlight the greatness of God's creative process. The Quran is widely recognized for its poetic and metaphorical use of language.

You didn’t understand anything about the beneficial thematic focus I pointed out. The primary objective may not be to establish an absolute chronological order but to highlight the greatness of God's creative process. The Quran is widely recognized for its poetic and metaphorical use of language.
That can be said about genesis where in one chapter it is not chronologically written as animals before men. it says god created adam. remember the word then is not used. it just says god created animals also in that same chapter and that verse comes after creating man that can be called your thematic focus or anything like that. in this case clearly the word then is used which means after wards, later. one place it says earth THEN heaven and another place it says heaven THEN Earth and that my friend is a contradiction.

Betho_br

That can be said about genesis where in one chapter it is not chronologically written as animals before men. it says god created adam. remember the word then is not used. it just says god created animals also in that same chapter and that verse comes after creating man that can be called your thematic focus or anything like that. in this case clearly the word then is used which means after wards, later. one place it says earth THEN heaven and another place it says heaven THEN Earth and that my friend is a contradiction.
In 41:9-12 (Surah Fussilat), the focus may be more on God's role in creation as a whole, emphasizing the earth as a dwelling place, which is why it is placed 'built' in the foreground. Meanwhile, in 79:27-34 (Surah al-Nazi'at), the heavens are highlighted in a more cosmic and universal context, which is why they are placed as 'created' first. There is a theological difference between the 'functions' of each in the order of creation.

I still dont get your point it clearly says earth first then heavens and another place heaven first then earth. It does not lay down the specifics of 7 heavens so it is a contradiction
In 41:9-12 (Surah Fussilat), the focus may be more on God's role in creation as a whole, emphasizing the earth as a dwelling place, which is why it is placed 'built' in the foreground. Meanwhile, in 79:27-34 (Surah al-Nazi'at), the heavens are highlighted in a more cosmic and universal context, which is why they are placed as 'created' first. There is a theological difference between the 'functions' of each in the order of creation.

Betho_br

وَالْأَرْضَ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ دَحَاهَا

The phrase وَالْأَرْضَ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ دَحَاهَا (wa-l-’arḍa baʿda dhālika daḥāhā) is generally translated as:

"And the Earth, after that, He spread out."

This suggests that the term daḥā refers to the process of making the Earth suitable for habitation rather than its initial creation.

Verse (79:27)

The phrase وَالْأَرْضَ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ دَحَاهَا (wa-l-’arḍa baʿda dhālika daḥāhā) is generally translated as:

This suggests that the term daḥā refers to the process of making the Earth suitable for habitation rather than its initial creation.

friend you are showing surah 79 that verse already says earth came after heaven but quran 41 is not talking about earth being spread it bluntly says earth was created first then heaven,.

stvdv

Veteran Member
Thanks.

[Fussilat 41:9-12] Here Allah says that He created the earth in two days, then He placed therein firm mountains and measured therein its sustenance in four days, which makes six days in all. Then He created the heavens in two days, so the total comes to eight days.

Here it says earth first the verse i showed earlier says heavens first clear contradiction it is
I do not agree, that here it says "earth first"

as in

41:11 to me it looks more that heaven had been created, and now "both" (meaning creation already had taken place prior) Heaven and Earth are told to submit willingly or unwillingly

Note:
I don't try to (dis)prove anything here, just facts

But above all I think it's futile that we humans boast ourselves to be able to make sense of "The Creation", and how it took place.

I would be highly surprised if it's even possible to put in words, on paper how "the Universe came into existence". So any narrative about it is bound to fail to describe this unique mystery

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member

Wonderfully said, fantastic

stvdv

Veteran Member

Useful, thanks
Good point

Exactly, this is how I read this also

stevecanuck

The Quran must be interpreted in Arabic.

No it musn't. There are many dozens of English interpretations online that can be checked against each other for consistency. Also, very many of those interpretations are done by scholars who are fluent in both languages. It's disingenuous to say that only Arabic speakers can know the Qur'an.

The Surahs are mixed like a "deck of cards," and how they should be interpreted is the responsibility of accredited Islamic scholars, not merely recited.

Nope. The Qur'an is easy to understand. Just read it. Also, it says of itself several times that it's easy. Plus, it makes no sense to create instruction for all mankind and make it understandable only by the most learned. That is an absurd contention.

The fact that it's mixed like a deck of cards is irrelevant. The vast majority of it is comprised of stand-alone commands and assertions. Why would "Allah is the enemy of unbelievers" need to be in a particular order to be understood?