• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quran Vs Bible in light of science

Bowman

And...she finally quotes a truncated part of the scripture she has been arguing...English of course, but it is a start.

2The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;
3And the waters returned from off the earth continually:
and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated.
4And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.
5And
the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.
6And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made:
7And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.
8Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;
9But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
10And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;
11And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth. 12And he stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him any more.

So, looks like it was quite a while before Noah landed or got out of the ark.

Much more than your '40 days'40 nights' polemic....huh?

See what happens when you actually read the text?

So, can you explain why -- if the flood was local -- Noah didn't just head for land?

With what?

His outboard motor...?

Why would it take him so long to reach land; are you saying he's the worst navigator ever to have existed?

Read the construction of the ark, sister.

Can you also explain why it took a while for "the tops of mountains to be seen?" I'm assuming KJV just got the Hebrew wrong in your opinion, so can you explain what's "really" meant there according to the Hebrew? How could a local flood prevent mountain tops from being seen if the waters aren't covering them?

These were the hills of the area, sister.

Bowman

There's a certain point at which when you're having to teach your opponent high school genetics to even continue the conversation that it simply isn't worth it. If I really have to explain genetic bottlenecks to you then I think we're done here -- time to make friends and break out the martinis and relax? :beach:

You were 'done' a long time ago, sister...

Bowman

1. No, you are not my brother. It is nonsense to say we are all related.

It makes perfect sense.

What part is confusing you?

2. Revealed in the same book that claims the earth is the 6,000 year old,

Nope.

This claim is never made in the Holy Bible.

Only the Koran makes this claim....and perhaps your book of faith, if you even have one.

flat center of the universe,

Actually, the Universe is flat.

3. No, they are not "idols", no more than yours is. In the 100,000+ history of the Human Race, your god is completely absent from the archaeological/archival library until app. 3,000 years ago. We have hard, physical evidences, in artifacts and ancient writings, of the thousand plus gods who are older than yours. Considering the nature of the evidence for the other gods, plus the complete and utter lack of credibility in the only sources that mention your god, one can plainly see that the idea that your god is the "only one" and a demiurge are both patently false.

You worship idol gods.

Many of them. perhaps too many to count...yes?

I worship the one true creator God of the Universe.

4. Hol-ee Cow. Smooth? I've asked you to cite a scientific source stating that the world was covered in water. I will now ask you to cite a scientific source stating that the earth's surface has ever been smooth. And I will, of course, expect you to ignore those requests since there are no legitimate scientists who will back up your claims.

There are many sources which you can google.

Type in the key word 'zircon'.

5. Again, your scripture is not self-supporting evidence and holds no credibility. Cite scientific sources.

Which one, brother...?

The non-oscillating Universe, or what?

6. And, you have been proven wrong on all counts. I linked you to a quick source listing the generations as shown in the biblical time line. Following that time line, even calculating in the ridiculous idea that people can live to be centuries old, the age of the earth, according to your precious scriptures, is app. 6,000 years old. Also, according to your scriptures, your Great Flood occurred at app. 2,200 BCE. We have writings from civilizations many millenia older. No one mentions so much as a prevailing damp.

Show me one verse in the Holy Bible which states a 6,000 year old earth.

Good luck.

David M

And...she finally quotes a truncated part of the scripture she has been arguing...English of course, but it is a start.

Much more than your '40 days'40 nights' polemic....huh?

See what happens when you actually read the text?

This is what happens when you don't read the text.

The question was

"Was Noah unable to find land for at least 40 days/nights?"

Much more than 40 (your words) is at least 40 (the question). Your inability to comprehend the written language is exceeded only by your inability to answer questions.

Bowman

This is what happens when you don't read the text.

The question was

"Was Noah unable to find land for at least 40 days/nights?"

Much more than 40 (your words) is at least 40 (the question). Your inability to comprehend the written language is exceeded only by your inability to answer questions.

Why not read through the discussion before replying to something of which you are not cognizant....

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

You would first have to comprehend the Biblical flood story..of which, you are unable to even get the story correct as a premise...

If there was a global flood i'll personally become a christian.

The biblical story is just a story. The bible is just a collection of stories. The more you try to reconcile logic and common sense with fairy tales the more rediculous you become.

David M

Why not read through the discussion before replying to something of which you are not cognizant....

Why not admit that you didn't read the question properly which is why you were wrong?

Or are you incapable of admitting your errors?

Bowman

Why not admit that you didn't read the question properly which is why you were wrong?

Or are you incapable of admitting your errors?

Why don't you read through a few pages of conversation before making yet another uninformed reply...?;)

the way i see things is that (if you believe in God)...he gave us brains and the ability to discover science ourselves. we aren't so dependent on having everything spelled out for us in a book or any other source. it's human nature itself that has helped us discover all we have.

you're right, it doesn't HAVE to be validated by any holy book. scientific evidence surely doesn't decide which holy book i'll follow. :facepalm:

and yes, this has been discussed, to no avail, to death.
pls if your a muslim ur a ****.. if not ur a shame.. why insult another muslim and call them acting dumb or somethin.. thats not good at all.. if your mad

Iam a student of comparative religions , Ive read Quran and Bible both have scientific knowledge mentioned , but if there are scientific errors can we attribute that to God....because God can never tell a lie

There are more than 1500 versus in Quran relating to science and Allhumdillah there is not a single contradiction with the established science

Astronomy,Geology,Hydrology,Oceanology,Botany,zoology,medicine...etc

Book THE QUR’AAN AND MODERN SCIENCE by Dr Zakir Naik
http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/quran/qms.pdf

The Holy Scriptures Examined In The Light Of Modern Knowledge by
Dr Maurice Bucaille , A French convert of Islam
http://deenrc.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/the-biblethe-quran-science.pdf

Dr. Zakir Naik - Does God exist?
[youtube]E2s14T6x5AM[/youtube]
YouTube - Dr. Zakir Naik - Does God exist?

Error's in the Bible
[youtube]TvNIgHA7nzQ[/youtube]
YouTube - Dr. Zakir Naik Exposes a Major Error in the Bible

Scientists accepting Quran to be the word of God
[youtube]HQajFrPSSHA[/youtube]
YouTube - Why Many Scientist Accepting Islam?

Plsss if you want an argument about this thing.. pls have a conversation with your good fellow muslim. you should add on your question like non true muslim is allowed to comment here or only real muslim believers are to converse,, you know there are ppl who think they are muslim but actually being a real muslim does not indicate that if your religion is ISLAM ur a MUSLIM enough. some ppl think they are muslim because of that. and there are too many anti muslim here and anti qur'an. pls do not post this kind of question again. I hate an irritating argument tsk tsk.. some ppl really are evil :). wish you good luck.

Well fellow ppl just live your lives have a nice life.. anyway we will leave this world after all. i think if there is heaven or hell. hopefully i wish we all will end in heaven. if there is hell nah that will be proved if you'll experience that after life. :) . Godbless you guys. hope you guys enjoyed the of being in earth. LIFE IS SHORT.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well fellow ppl just live your lives have a nice life.. anyway we will leave this world after all. i think if there is heaven or hell. hopefully i wish we all will end in heaven. if there is hell nah that will be proved if you'll experience that after life. :) . Godbless you guys. hope you guys enjoyed the of being in earth. LIFE IS SHORT.
What on earth would prompt you to resurrect a thread that has been dormant for over 5 years? Boredom?