• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Race v Gender: Hillary v Obama

Ozzie

This sort of thing couldn't occur here unless the "Obama" candidate happened to be Asian.

Which is more important: race or gender in deciding polling in the Democrat candiditure?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I can't believe that this is how people still see it. The question itself makes me think that this country is doomed either way.

Ozzie

Sad yet true. Why else are voters either female or Hispanic supporting Hillary. Are we entitled to describe the demographic of her supporter base as both racist and sexist?

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
If a black man and white woman are running for president in this historical race, the logical next step is that a black woman run ... Me see Condi Rize coming to a political theater near you!

Yea .. if only she wasn't such a douche bag. And yes, I know my slippery slope. It's slippery fun.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Sad yet true. Why else are voters either female or Hispanic supporting Hillary. Are we entitled to describe the demographic of her supporter base as both racist and sexist?

I know white males who are all for Hilary. Perhaps it's part of it, but I think the moment we start allowing ourselves to see through that color/race lens, we're only adding to the problem.

Obviously, though, we vote for people we like. It would be hard to vote for a prick, even if s/he was the best damned thing for this country. I'm going to vote for the person I connect with the most. Should race or gender actually be a part of it... personally I'd have to take a broader look at myself. I cant speak for everyone though.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
If a black man and white woman are running for president in this historical race, the logical next step is that a black woman run ... Me see Condi Rize coming to a political theater near you!

Yea .. if only she wasn't such a douche bag. And yes, I know my slippery slope. It's slippery fun.

My mom thinks she's pretty amazing :p

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
I'm a conservative republican. I don't like either candidate, not because their race or gender, but because of their policies and their extreme ideas.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Be that as it may... at least they are NOT another Shrub. I am worried that McCain will merely continue this Bush League.

BillBo

Unfortunately the Democratic primary has shown the ugly side of the US to the world, a side many had hoped had gone.

It should make no difference on a persons colour, creed, sex, etc.. Surely Americans should vote for the person who would lead them honestly, and yes I guess that does kind of rule out Clinton, but hey, it's the truth.

But seriously such bigotted opinions as to vote for or not vote for someone because of colour or sex is just down and out insulting to true Democrats. One should be voting for the person not for or against a stereotyped bias.

Ozzie

I can't believe that this is how people still see it. The question itself makes me think that this country is doomed either way.
I wouldn't say the country is doomed, rather stuck in a depressive quagmire that will take time to work through.

Ashley-Yin

Im a happy little Lesbian
quite frankly if it was a black women she would be treated worse

im not american but i would vote Obama he's honest, not sly, and he's nothing like bill
i mean really what did he do for people eg blacks, women

kai

ragamuffin
a lot of people have atendency to vote on non political reasons, its a pifall of democracy that a lot of people are just not political, know nothing of politics and vote "because he looks like a nice man" or because "she is a woman"

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.

im not american but i would vote Obama he's honest, not sly, and he's nothing like bill

Oh god, where to start with this post. Ummm, he's honest? How? What has he done for blacks and women?

kai

ragamuffin

an honest politician now theres a thing! and i dont know what he did for blacks but bill seems to have done a fair bit for women ;)