• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rate the last movie you watched

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Speak No Evil (2022; the original, not the apparently crappy remake)
8/10

Great acting and great suspense. Great satire of social passivity and excessive politeness, so it's very Scandinavian. It really keeps you guessing what's going to happen next.

I *just* watched the new flick Smile 2. If you like scary movies then - wow! - you must see it. Probably 8/10. Not only many good 'jump scares' but genuinely creepy. The ending suggests...

:)

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I *just* watched the new flick Smile 2. If you like scary movies then - wow! - you must see it. Probably 8/10. Not only many good 'jump scares' but genuinely creepy. The ending suggests...

Thanks for the recommendation. I liked the first one, so it's good to hear the second is good. I love horror. It's my favorite genre. I'm always reading horror novels and watching horror films.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Watched Poor Things at the weekend. It was really good.
I love that movie. Emma Stone is a brilliant actress, and it has Willem Dafoe in it so you know it's going to be a bizarre yet good movie. Beautiful cinematography and costumes. It's definitely for adults, though. Lol.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Terrifier 3. More great, mindless, gorefest fun and comical antics brought to you by Art the Clown. I didn't find it terrifying, but some of the audience may have been disturbed over how hard and what I was laughing at.
8/10

Shadow Wolf

I love that movie. Emma Stone is a brilliant actress, and it has Willem Dafoe in it so you know it's going to be a bizarre yet good movie. Beautiful cinematography and costumes. It's definitely for adults, though. Lol.
I LOVE Willem Dafoe. Even if it sucks he's still worth watching. He's so good he carried an entire movie being the sole actor we see on screen for just about the entirety of the movie.
I CANNOT WAIT for Nosferatu.:heart:
:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Shadow Wolf

When Evil Lurks is hands down the greatest horror movie I have seen in a long time. It's the sort of horror that breaks rules, it does go there, it's beyond creepy and it gets difficult to not be welded to the screen. It's not the accidental comedy most horrors end up being, it's some serious horror that boldy went where not even Terrifier went (which is really saying a lot because those movies are brutal and gruesome). God, if he exists, won't help, the Church is dead, and the possessed can be grotesque or violently deranged.
9/10 only because it could have used another scene or two of heightened tension without spoiling the fun and I'm not sure if the lack of character development works or not. On one hand we don't know much about the characters and their relations with others, but on the other hand it seems to add an element they all know eachother, even of we never will, and helps to add a since of urgency to the situation by not having all the background stuff.

Shadow Wolf

artwxmasglasses_1080x.jpg
Seriously, how can you not laugh at this?

PureX

Veteran Member
I went to see the Saturday Night Live movie last night.

Not terrible, but not great, either. The casting was excellent and the actors playing the original SNL cast did a good job of it ... I am old enough to have seem those original first episodes, and I remember the stir they caused. But overall the movie was a non-stop depiction of chaos. And maybe that is really how that first show was. But it was exhausting to watch without a break. And the big pay off at the end was the best scene in the movie by far. Which left me feeling a bit cheated by the whole rest of the film.

Most of the audience were older, like me, and werecaround when SNL began. But I couldn't help wondering what the young people watching the film were thinking about it. I wasn't feeling forward enough to ask them, but I wish I had. So if any of you are young, and do go see the movie, please let me know what you think of it. I can't imagine it making much sense to you if you are not familiar with the first cast and the early guests, but maybe I'm wrong.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Lake Mungo. I give it a 9/10. Surprised it took me this long to discover and watch. It's been out since 2008.

I tend to find slow burns, especially well thought out, to be refreshing.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I watched Ed Wood again last night. Great movie.

It was fun watching how plan 9 from Outer Space came to be, and all the chaos surrounding the production.
Like the replacement for Bela Lugosi, and the noticeable height difference...but same costume

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Like the replacement for Bela Lugosi, and the noticeable height difference...but same costume
Pretty much the whole thing from start to finish. I remember watching those movies as a kid and noticing that the gravestones were made out of cardboard, or that the walls shook when somebody bumped into them, and all the other cheesy elements to one of Woods films. They were always still fun though.

I also thought it was kind of ironic how the whole thing was financed by a bunch of fundamentalist Christians.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Pretty much the whole thing from start to finish. I remember watching those movies as a kid and noticing that the gravestones were made out of cardboard, or that the walls shook when somebody bumped into them, and all the other cheesy elements to one of Woods films. They were always still fun though.

I also thought it was kind of ironic how the whole thing was financed by a bunch of fundamentalist Christians.
The saucers are up there...and the cemetery's out there...but I'll be locked up in there.

But one thing's sure. Inspector Clay is dead, murdered, and somebody's responsible.