• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rational Quote of the Day

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

"He who will not reason, is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave."

William Drummond

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"

Unknown

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]"Original sin was as ridiculous as imputed righteousness."

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Benjamin Franklin[/SIZE][/FONT]

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Ignorance is the soil in which belief in miracles grows.
Robert G. Ingersoll

A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right.
Thomas Paine

Science commits suicide when it adopts a creed.
T.H. Huxley

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] Anne Lamott[/FONT]​

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
"It is not the antiquity of a tale that is any evidence of its truth; on the contrary, it is a symptom of its being fabulous; for the more ancient any history pretends to be, the more it has the resemblance of a fable."

Thomas Paine
"The Age of Reason"

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences.
H.P. Lovecraft

He who has seen one cathedral ten times has seen something; he who has seen ten cathedrals once has seen but little; and he who has spent half an hour in each of a hundred cathedrals has seen nothing at all.
Sinclair Lewis

And since I love him so much, again:
When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.
Sinclair Lewis

Just_me_Mike

The Roman government gave them bread and circuses. Today we give them bread and elections...
William J. Durant

Just_me_Mike

To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves; let us be above such transparent egotism...If you can't say good and encouraging things, say nothing. Nothing is often a good thing to say, and always a clever thing to say.
William J. Durant