• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Raw meat?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry for the slow response............

I need to do more study. I wonder just what, or how, blood was defined back then. It states that the blood is the life there of so what is it exactly. Does the blood actually get into the meat or does it basically stay within the blood vessels but rather feeds the oxygen by osmosis to the myoglobin for the mucsle tissue? These are questions I have to answer and am wondering why there are so many websites stating that what we see on the meat at the store is not blood.

Oh for heaven's sake. Have you never had a basic anatomy & physiology class?
The blood, RBCs anyway, stays in the vessels, unless the meat is bruised. But the capillaries are everywhere. You can't find a cubic millimeter of meat that isn't shot through with capillaries. An RBC sitting in a capillary in the middle of a steak isn't going anywhere, and some WBCs have an unnerving habit of squeezing through the vessels into the interstitial spaces where no amount of soaking, salting or boiling is going to dislodge them.

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

Oh for heaven's sake. Have you never had a basic anatomy & physiology class?

Maybe 30 years ago or so. I've forgotten most of it. This is why I said I needed to research and study.;)

The blood, RBCs anyway, stays in the vessels, unless the meat is bruised. But the capillaries are everywhere. You can't find a cubic millimeter of meat that isn't shot through with capillaries. An RBC sitting in a capillary in the middle of a steak isn't going anywhere, and some WBCs have an unnerving habit of squeezing through the vessels into the interstitial spaces where no amount of soaking, salting or boiling is going to dislodge them.

If this is trully the case then maybe everyone else I have read and studied from including the jews have it all wrong then.

Darkwater

If I can't dip my chips in the blood,it is just not a steak.Lamb has to be at least pink in the middle too.

What do you guy's do with the offal,ever try haggis?

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
So what did they do with the Passover lamb? It states to kill it and roast it all pretty quickly and eat it in haste. It also states no water. It also said not to eat of it raw but what about rare?

When was the Passover? Before Sinai. In the end why would one take the chance of violating the law they feel bound to based on what the internet or some hematologist says? Is a rare steak worth the risk? Is it even worth the effort of doing all the tracking down and study? And in the end if we aren't even going to follow what the Torah says about removing all blood , why even do it and study it?

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

When was the Passover? Before Sinai.

Oh o.k.

So as to how they were commanded to do it before Sinai isn't the way they followed it after?

In the end why would one take the chance of violating the law they feel bound to based on what the internet or some hematologist says? Is a rare steak worth the risk? Is it even worth the effort of doing all the tracking down and study?
And in the end if we aren't even going to follow what the Torah says about removing all blood , why even do it and study it?

What chance? If we research and study and make the decision to do something based on our best educated conclusions where it adheres to the word of Yah then again I ask what chance? We would only be doing things to the best of our knowledge and not doing them presumptiously knowing that they are wrong. Just because man says its wrong doesn't make it wrong. If we find that by heating the meat to a temp. of lets say 140' F changes the blood in anyway then is it still to be considered blood? Yes it is cooked blood but is it blood? I see in my study that a temp. of 140' F deletes an electron from the iron center of the myoglobin and it is no longer called myoglobin. If the red and white blood cells either die, change or lose their ability in anyway are they still to be considered blood? And what about what is left throughout the meat? How is it possible to get every little blood cell out of the meat? I am beginning to wonder if one can.

I think that it is very well worth the study and if I am wrong then i am covered by the laws of ignorence. lol :D

Last edited:

Darkwater

I haven't had haggis but I have Irish puddings in a pub. It was pretty good. Don't know if I could bring myself eat haggis though.

First one is always the worst.:D

Why do you think we drink so much whisky.:)

ty for giving me the correct spelling of the classic "Bulleit" on the other thread Noah!

The kosher meat sounds so appetising(not)

Cheers

Andy

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
*** MOD POST ***

This thread is in the Jewish DIR Forum, people. This means that posts by non-Jews are out of bounds except to ask respectful questions. Before you post in this thread or others in the DIR Forums, please ask yourself if it is appropriate to the area where the thread is located.

Thanks,

9-10ths_Penguin
Mod

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
*** MOD POST ***

This thread is in the Jewish DIR Forum, people. This means that posts by non-Jews are out of bounds except to ask respectful questions. Before you post in this thread or others in the DIR Forums, please ask yourself if it is appropriate to the area where the thread is located.

Thanks,

9-10ths_Penguin
Mod

Nevermind. I'm done here.

Last edited:

Darkwater

Please accept my apologies,I thought this thread was a "wind-up",never dreaming it was,ot some, *Kosher*