• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reasons for the belief in no God

Subby

What are your reasons for believing that there is no God? I don't want you to prove a negative, I want you to give me a reasonable argument that shows there is not logical possibility for God.

gnomon

What are your reasons for believing that there is no God? I don't want you to prove a negative, I want you to give me a reasonable argument that shows there is not logical possibility for God.

Raising another RF members complaint as point one for this discussion:

Define God.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Horrible reasoning, without any elaboration. Mere generalization lacking specifics, hardly a coherent foundation from which to base such a belief.
I assume you're an avid believer of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, then? :fsm:
If we define God, we assume He exists. You have silently admitted as much if you take this route.
No you don't. The opposite, in fact: you don't have a coherent idea of whether something exists unless you define it.

Subby

I assume you're an avid believer of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, then? :fsm:

No you don't. The opposite, in fact: you don't have a coherent idea of whether something exists unless you define it.

If you are arguing for the non existence of something, why define it and give it existence in that regard?

Tristesse

Doesn't matter, any god, pick one. So again... What is your reasoning not to believe in God?

You still haven't defined god. What does "any" god mean? Please define what you're talking about. I don't know what you mean by "god." It's a useless label until you define it.

Subby

You still haven't defined god. What does "any" god mean? Please define what you're talking about. I don't know what you mean by "god." It's a useless label until you define it.

Can't you guys use a dang dictionary to satisfy your question, instead of harping on this same point?

a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/god

Tristesse

Can't you guys use a dang dictionary to satisfy your question, instead of harping on this same point?

a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe

Ok, you started the thread and you expect us to do your homework for you? I don't define god, I let the people who believe in one define it. Then I tell them why I don't believe in that god.

Subby

Ok, you started the thread and you expect us to do your homework for you? I don't define god, I let the people who believe in one define it. Then I tell them why I don't believe in that god.

So again, why don't you believe in transcendent being such as God? What logical reasoning is there?

Subby

Define God. We are talking about the term God. You brought it up for discussion. Define the term.

It has been defined now step up to the plate please... What logical reasoning is there to determine that there is no God?