• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reasons for the belief in no God

Amill

Apikoros
Again, read my posts. All of peer-reviewed science is against your eternal universe, in which they support an AGE OF THE UNIVERSE, thus a beginning.

Again, read my posts, and realize why your position is nonsensical... If you want to try to salvage your argument, don't repeat it, deal with my critical objections.

Namely, why are you going against modern science with your position?

Sorry, what peer reviewed studies have shown that the governing laws of the Universe must be created by an intelligent being? You didn't read my post well enough.:facepalm:

And Meow mix addressed you in post number #200 regarding the eternal universe argument but you never responded.

Last edited:

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
And this " not a single shred of evidence supporting God's existence" fails to interface with any of my arguments directly for the existence of a mind like God.
Only because you don't want to address it. Show me some evidence, that's all you have to do. No need running around in a circle with the logic you're proposing

(See what I did there? I was insinuating that you are using circular reasoning.)
Sure wish you would deal with my arguments I have presented for the existence of God.
All you have to do is show me some evidence. Just list one piece of evidence, that's all I'm asking for. It shouldn't be hard.

Subby

What peer reviewed studies have shown that the governing laws of the Universe must be created by an intelligent being? You didn't read my post well enough.:facepalm:

I was referring to eternal universe with that statement.

And Meow mix addressed you in post number #200 regarding the eternal universe argument but you never responded.

Ya I did. The fact that peer-reviewed science over the past 40 years has shown a beginning to the universe, thus it is not eternal according to modern science.

Subby

Only because you don't want to address it. Show me some evidence, that's all you have to do. No need running around in a circle with the logic you're proposing

(See what I did there? I was insinuating that you are using circular reasoning.)
All you have to do is show me some evidence. Just list one piece of evidence, that's all I'm asking for. It shouldn't be hard.

I have presented many arguments that fail to be addressed. Do the work and read them then address them directly.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I have presented many arguments that fail to be addressed. Do the work and read them then address them directly.
Okay, so you can't actually supply any evidence. You can just say that. It's quite easy. Just say you have no evidence.

Subby

Okay, so you can't actually supply any evidence. You can just say that. It's quite easy. Just say you have no evidence.

You fail to interpret my words correctly, because you read your own views into it. Classic interpretation mistake that happens with the biblical texts a lot.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
You fail to interpret my words correctly, because you read your own views into it. Classic interpretation mistake that happens with the biblical texts a lot.
Then show me the evidence. It is as simple as that. Either you have the evidence or not. If you can't give me the evidence, then I have to assume you don't have any. And since you aren't giving me any evidence, the only logical conclusion is that you don't have any.

Subby

then show me the evidence. It is as simple as that. Either you have the evidence or not. If you can't give me the evidence, then i have to assume you don't have any. And since you aren't giving me any evidence, the only logical conclusion is that you don't have any.

read my posts. and realize i am calling for evidence of non-existence, some logical reason for the non-existence of God.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
read my posts. and realize i am calling for evidence of non-existence, some logical reason for the non-existence of God.
I did. Now you are side stepping the issue. I gave you a reason. It is a very logical reason. Since there is no evidence of God, not a single shred of evidence, it is logical to assume that God does not exist. As in, the logical reason for the non-existence of God is that there is no evidence for that God.

Subby

I did. Now you are side stepping the issue. I gave you a reason. It is a very logical reason. Since there is no evidence of God, not a single shred of evidence, it is logical to assume that God does not exist. As in, the logical reason for the non-existence of God is that there is no evidence for that God.

You again state these opinions without directly confronting any of the arguments put forth already in response to the numerous posts attempting to defend the non-existence of God.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
You again state these opinions without directly confronting any of the arguments put forth already in response to the numerous posts attempting to defend the non-existence of God.
Sidestepping again. All you have to do is show me some evidence. If you've already provided the evidence, it should be easy to just copy and paste it again. That's all I'm asking for, some evidence. If you can provide that, then I will retract my reason.

Subby

Sidestepping again. All you have to do is show me some evidence. If you've already provided the evidence, it should be easy to just copy and paste it again. That's all I'm asking for, some evidence. If you can provide that, then I will retract my reason.

Dude just read my posts. I am done with you on this topic until you actually directly confront arguments put forth.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Dude just read my posts. I am done with you on this post until you actually directly confront arguments put forth.
I have read your posts. You never offered any evidence that God exists. Thus, my point stands. A reason to not believe in God is that there is no evidence. You basically admit such by not presenting any evidence.

Amill

Apikoros
Of which I have addressed.

No you didn't, after my post you replied saying you already addressed the eternal universe argument. But my argument wasn't about an eternal Universe, it was about how the governing laws may have come into existence or came to be the way they are within our Universe. You never addressed that, you simply deflected my point from the beginning. And now you're deflecting some more.

Subby

No you didn't, after my post you replied saying you already addressed the eternal universe argument. But my argument wasn't about an eternal Universe, it was about how the governing laws may have come into existence or came to be the way they are within our Universe. You never addressed that, you simply deflected my point from the beginning. And now you're deflecting some more.

So how did natural laws come into existence, if not by a cause? If you posit the cause is natural you are self-refuting yourself because there is non-existence, and thus you cannot have anything spontaneously come forth. Thus there is a cause, there is a beginning.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Dude just read my posts. I am done with you on this topic until you actually directly confront arguments put forth.

Reasons have been given as you requested. I think the problem is you're not satisfied with the reasoning.....We don't posit a god, you do. Theist have not presented any evidence. If you posit a god then the onus is on the one making the claim to present the evidence for one but we're not the ones making that claim.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
So how did natural laws come into existence, if not by a cause? If you posit the cause is natural you are self-refuting yourself because there is non-existence, and thus you cannot have anything spontaneously come forth. Thus there is a cause, there is a beginning.
I don't know if you want to use that argument. Because then you have to admit that God had a beginning. And since nothing can spontaneously come forth, God had to have a creator. Which poses a problem to your idea.