• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rebirth vs. Reincarnation

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The Western conception of reincarnation is different to the conception of reincarnation in Dharmic thought - from what I gather, many Westerners believe that the personality is what reincarnates or something - am I right that this is common? :)

It seems to happen often, although I am at a loss about how or why. I _believe_ it to be the standard Spiritist (and Theosophist) interpretation of the concept.

That is a bit odd, seeing how Theosophy (and to a lesser degree Spiritism) both claim to have learned the concept from Hinduism.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
That is a bit odd, seeing how Theosophy (and to a lesser degree Spiritism) both claim to have learned the concept from Hinduism.

Either they learnt it wrongly, or they have interpreted it wrongly and like "the common man" would, that's my guess. :)