• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recent fossil should confirm evolution?

wordy80

So recent human fossil remains should confirm evolution, for example fossils from ancient Egyptians or any fossils found from say a few hundred to a few thousand years ago should have evolved enough from present day humans that the differences can be measured?

Heyo

Veteran Member
So recent human fossil remains should confirm evolution, for example fossils from ancient Egyptians or any fossils found from say a few hundred to a few thousand years ago should have evolved enough from present day humans that the differences can be measured?
Time usually flows from the past to the present (and the future). I.e. present day humans have evolved from ancient Egyptians and other people of the past - not the other way around.
And up to now every fossil found has confirmed evolution, no exceptions.

Altfish

Veteran Member
You do realise that the fossilization process takes millions of years?

Audie

Veteran Member
The thread title and post are both nonsense.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

My avatar is from an anatomically modern human (cro-magnon) dated 22000 years old.

The most observable differences between that and modern humans is the brain case is 13% larger meaning that cro magnon had a bigger brain than humans today.
Also the bone is thicker on a cro- magnon skull.
There are very slight but measurable brow ridges.
The teeth/jaws are stronger.

And humans are still evolving

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Well bones then.
Since our species appeared, our bodies, brains, teeth, and stature have gotten smaller.

Audie

Veteran Member
Err, I thought it did?
Theres a somewhat fuzzy line between " fossil"
and " recent".

Not being "serious" * student at uni in usa,
I took a lot of courses, did thjngs that interested me.

Incl field geology and paleontology.
( i think i looked out of place)

Anyway...

" fossil" refers to " buried".

One dig was of giant ground sloth some few k yrs
extinct.
The bones were very soft, fragile. In beach sand.

Was that a fossil?

in the event, rate of mineralization is highly vsriable
as is degree of replacement of bone/ shell / tissue.

* as in training to get job

Audie

Veteran Member
My avatar is from an anatomically modern human (cro-magnon) dated 22000 years old.

The most observable differences between that and modern humans is the brain case is 13% larger meaning that cro magnon had a bigger brain than humans today.
Also the bone is thicker on a cro- magnon skull.
There are very slight but measurable brow ridges.
The teeth/jaws are stronger.

And humans are still evolving
Why do you say still evolving