• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Dwarf

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I really don't like it, it's bleak and all the characters are repulsive in their own way

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I really don't care for much in the way of science fiction anyway, for instance I don't much care for Star Trek or Star Wars. But Red Dwarf is just not funny to me and I know it's supposed to be. For the record, I find many other UK comedies to be funny, but not that one!

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
He has no redeeming qualities!

I like to watch characters who I find sympathetic

Ehhh... Rimmer as a character doesn't have any redeeming qualities, but I wouldn't say he's unsympathetic. There's deeply rooted reasons he's such a weasel

What do you think of Dwight Schrute from The Office? Like Rimmer he's a narrow minded suck up who's always trying to get power. Neither of them have redeeming qualities

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Give me one reason to like him!

That's up to you, but given that you aren't a fan of the show altogether I'd think there's not much I could say that would convince you. Even though Rimmer is my favorite character on the show, what makes him so good is the comedic chemistry he has with everyone else on the show. Rimmer the anal retentive insecure smeg head, Lister the slobbish space hippy who stops at "an attempt was made," cat the... Well... Cat, and Kryten the space robot servant learning to break his programming by following Lister's bad example

Never seen it

Another really great show! The American one is better, imo

Kathryn

That's up to you, but given that you aren't a fan of the show altogether I'd think there's not much I could say that would convince you. Even though Rimmer is my favorite character on the show, what makes him so good is the comedic chemistry he has with everyone else on the show. Rimmer the anal retentive insecure smeg head, Lister the slobbish space hippy who stops at "and attempt was made," cat the... Well... Cat, and Kryten the space robot servant learning to break his programming by following Lister's bad example.

Another really great show! The American one is better, imo
Oh I love the British one myself. I think the American one has been on for more seasons though. Have you seen the IT Crowd? I think it's hilarious!

Kathryn

I'm on a crime kick right now. I love Luther, and Happy Valley, and now I am on to Father Brown.