• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Faced, Trump Backs Out Of Using Doral Resort As Host Of G7 summit

You think it is not a bribe.

I dont think, i KNOW for a FACT its not a bribe for a foreign leader to pay a room at your hotel. I know for a FACT its not a bribe to sell books and KEEP the money that was given to pay for the books. I also know for a fact that if a leader gives a gift without strings attached, thats not a bribe either.

I know this because i know what a bribe is and what it is not. How do i know this? Because im smart, thats how. In fact, let me be more honest, it doesnt take a high level of intelligence to know this, this is kindergarden level insight to figure this out.

The problem is that it is illegal.

You love to hide behind these words legal and illegal. Well, im not gonna let you get away with it. Im busting down that wall your hiding behind. The real problem is not the clause, its your interpretation of the clause. To bribe and accept a bribe THATS whats wrong (i.e. illegal).

Even if there was no attempt at a bribe it looks that way.

I dont care, nor should anyone else care what LOOKS a certain way. If we went around judging everyone by what LOOKS like a crime, we could read a wrong doing into practically every dam action in existence. This is the problem with democrats, they are the party of slavery! And they STILL ARE! you wanna know how? Because they ADD whats not there to the constitution. They burden society with excessive requirements when nothing is being harmed. Doing that is the real abuse of power. Its oppressive and it creates SLAVERY on a whole other level. These people are sick and must be stopped at all cost.

Furthermore, leaders paying a room at trumps hotel DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A BRIBE. You wanna know what it looks like? It looks like friendly hospitality at discount rates. It looks like leaders PAYING for a room. Thats the transaction, money......for......a......room. thats what it looks like. It dont look like no bribe.

And as i already said. Even if they went to another hotel, which they are, they could STILL offer a bribe and trump could STILL accept or turn it down. So, to focus on stupid LOOKS or appearance is utterly rediculious nonsense to the highest order.

The emoluments clause is in our Constitution because there often is that sort of bribery.

"often" can happen WITHOUT appearences VERY EASY. What amazes me is in another thread YOU gave me the difinition of good and evil. You said good is to have the highest level of freedom without harm.

Yet here you seek to defend APPEARENCES of evil. That goes against what you defined. A leader paying for a hotel is maximum freedom, and accepting no bribe stops the harm.

Get it?

Your inability to reason rationally tells us that you are the irrational one here. Please do not lie about others. Do you remember your example of the gifts that Obama got? He turned those over to Congress. Even when the Congress was controlled by the Republicans he did this. He did not want to even appear to break the laws that Trump regularly breaks.

I dont care if obama turned them over. I dont believe he had to. The fact he did is fine either way. And no, its YOU that isnt rational and its YOU thats lying. Stop it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I dont think, i KNOW for a FACT its not a bribe for a foreign leader to pay a room at your hotel. I know for a FACT its not a bribe to sell books and KEEP the money that was given to pay for the books. I also know for a fact that if a leader gives a gift without strings attached, thats not a bribe either.

I know this because i know what a bribe is and what it is not. How do i know this? Because im smart, thats how. In fact, let me be more honest, it doesnt take a high level of intelligence to know this, this is kindergarden level insight to figure this out.

You love to hide behind these words legal and illegal. Well, im not gonna let you get away with it. Im busting down that wall your hiding behind. The real problem is not the clause, its your interpretation of the clause. To bribe and accept a bribe THATS whats wrong (i.e. illegal).

I dont care, nor should anyone else care what LOOKS a certain way. If we went around judging everyone by what LOOKS like a crime, we could read a wrong doing into practically every dam action in existence. This is the problem with democrats, they are the party of slavery! And they STILL ARE! you wanna know how? Because they ADD whats not there to the constitution. They burden society with excessive requirements when nothing is being harmed. Doing that is the real abuse of power. Its oppressive and it creates SLAVERY on a whole other level. These people are sick and must be stopped at all cost.

Furthermore, leaders paying a room at trumps hotel DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A BRIBE. You wanna know what it looks like? It looks like friendly hospitality at discount rates. It looks like leaders PAYING for a room. Thats the transaction, money......for......a......room. thats what it looks like. It dont look like no bribe.

And as i already said. Even if they went to another hotel, which they are, they could STILL offer a bribe and trump could STILL accept or turn it down. So, to focus on stupid LOOKS or appearance is utterly rediculious nonsense to the highest order.

"often" can happen WITHOUT appearences VERY EASY. What amazes me is in another thread YOU gave me the difinition of good and evil. You said good is to have the highest level of freedom without harm.

Yet here you seek to defend APPEARENCES of evil. That goes against what you defined. A leader paying for a hotel is maximum freedom, and accepting no bribe stops the harm.

Get it?

I dont care if obama turned them over. I dont believe he had to. The fact he did is fine either way. And no, its YOU that isnt rational and its YOU thats lying. Stop it.
Sorry, you have no clue as to what a fact is. You appear t be very very delusional. You may not be lying since you appear to believe the falsified claims you keep repeating. But it is also a fact that the ability to reason rationally has abandoned you.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Get it?

So what if the Saudi Arabia government paid for the entire top floor of Trump’s hotel, and then no one showed up? What if they did do with no intention to actually use the rooms? If the only reason they booked the rooms was to funnel money into Donald’s pocket? Still not a bribe?

So what if the Saudi Arabia government paid for the entire top floor of Trump’s hotel, and then no one showed up? What if they did do with no intention to actually use the rooms? If the only reason they booked the rooms was to funnel money into Donald’s pocket? Still not a bribe?

If they want to GIVE money away, no its STILL not a bribe.

A bribe is i give you money in exchange for you to do some nuetral or corrupt thing for me.

Sometimes my mom does this annoying thing. Let me tell you what it is.

She will do something for me or give me a gift. Then down the road ask a favor, if i say no, she will remind me of the past thing she did for me or gave me.

Ill remind her back that if she INTENDED that to be a payment for something then she should have made those terms REAL at the time. Since she didnt, too bad.

Last edited:
Sorry, you have no clue as to what a fact is. You appear t be very very delusional. You may not be lying since you appear to believe the falsified claims you keep repeating. But it is also a fact that the ability to reason rationally has abandoned you.

Said from someone who just ignored a ton of rational points i just made! Lol

Ya, good luck with that.

sooda

Veteran Member
Said from someone who just ignored a ton of rational points i just made! Lol

Ya, good luck with that.

You didn't score any points.

What Does Caesar’s Wife Must Be Above Suspicion Mean ...
https://writingexplained.org/idiom-dictionary/caesars-wife-must-be-above-suspicion
Caesar’s Wife
Must Be Above Suspicion Meaning. Definition: People associated with public figures must not be suspected of being a part of any wrongdoing.

This expression is a complete sentence by itself. It has been interpreted in several different ways, but most often it means that people associated with public figures cannot do anything that would shame that public figure.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

A bribe is i give you money in exchange for you to do some nuetral or corrupt thing for me.
So if Putin shows up and hands Trump a suitcase full of Rubles on live TV, that is not a problem for you.

You didn't score any points.

What Does Caesar’s Wife Must Be Above Suspicion Mean ...
https://writingexplained.org/idiom-dictionary/caesars-wife-must-be-above-suspicion
Caesar’s Wife
Must Be Above Suspicion Meaning. Definition: People associated with public figures must not be suspected of being a part of any wrongdoing.

This expression is a complete sentence by itself. It has been interpreted in several different ways, but most often it means that people associated with public figures cannot do anything that would shame that public figure.

This doesnt mean anything to me.

Something is either right or wrong.

I do not judge or pay any attention to appearences of what may "look evil".

And nor should anyone else, otherwise we end up with a oppressive state.

So if Putin shows up and hands Trump a suitcase full of Rubles on live TV, that is not a problem for you.

The first thing id ask is WHY is putin giving him that? Is there strings attached? If so, WHAT are those strings, the american people SHOULD DEMAND to know.

If there is no strings, keep the ruples all you want. Fill your boots.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The first thing id ask is WHY is putin giving him that? Is there strings attached? If so, WHAT are those strings, the american people SHOULD DEMAND to know.

If there is no strings, keep the ruples all you want. Fill your boots.
Ok, I think you are pretty much alone in that position. I think most rational people would find this activity unacceptable. They would assume Trump was being paid or influenced for something, even if they did not know what. The payment itself would be more than sufficient evidence of corruption.

If you don’t see that, I don’t know how to convince you. But most people would see it as corrupt. If you don’t believe me, try asking a few random people.

But we know the framers of the Constitution would consider this kind of behaviour corrupt, and they made it against the law. Trump has sworn an oath to uphold that law.

Ok, I think you are pretty much alone in that position. I think most rational people would find this activity unacceptable. They would assume Trump was being paid or influenced for something, even if they did not know what. The payment itself would be more than sufficient evidence of corruption.

If you don’t see that, I don’t know how to convince you. But most people would see it as corrupt. If you don’t believe me, try asking a few random people.

But we know the framers of the Constitution would consider this kind of behaviour corrupt, and they made it against the law. Trump has sworn an oath to uphold that law.

Maximum freedom while having no corruption, otherwise you end up with an oppressive state.

Think about this. If we dont want government nitpicking at us, should we nitpick at them?

No, the rubles are not evidence of corruption, there evidence of rubles given. Thats it.

However, there is NOTHING wrong in and of itself of giving rubles. Theres nothing wrong taking rubles. Theres ONLY something wrong with taking rubles to give a sinister, corrupt favor in return.

Theres nothing wrong with the people asking why the rubles are given. There IS something wrong with telling another leader they cannot give a gift out of the motive of blessing. Theres no liberty in that.

sooda

Veteran Member
Maximum freedom while having no corruption, otherwise you end up with an oppressive state.

Think about this. If we dont want government nitpicking at us, should we nitpick at them?

No, the rubles are not evidence of corruption, there evidence of rubles given. Thats it.

However, there is NOTHING wrong in and of itself of giving rubles. Theres nothing wrong taking rubles. Theres ONLY something wrong with taking rubles to give a sinister, corrupt favor in return.

Theres nothing wrong with the people asking why the rubles are given. There IS something wrong with telling another leader they cannot give a gift out of the motive of blessing. Theres no liberty in that.

You want to change the Constitution?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Heres what you keep ignoring. Leaders paying for a room is not a bribe. Its leaders paying money in exchange for a room.

Even if the meeting was somewhere else and not at trumps hotel, trump could STILL accept a bribe.

That FACT proves beyond a doubt that its YOU and every other leftist on here, not me, that is irrational.
Surely you realize how silly this argument is. There is no way I believe you are that naive and gullible.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Sometimes my mom does this annoying thing. Let me tell you what it is.

She will do something for me or give me a gift. Then down the road ask a favor, if i say no, she will remind me of the past thing she did for me or gave me.

Ill remind her back that if she INTENDED that to be a payment for something then she should have made those terms REAL at the time. Since she didnt, too bad.
I think you just perfectly illustrated why taking money from foreign powers staying in Trump's properties is wrong.

Good job!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

In your opinion, there is nothing wrong with it.
The law says otherwise.

Surely you realize how silly this argument is. There is no way I believe you are that naive and gullible.

Surely you realize that this is no argument at all. There is no way i believe you actually think you just made an argument.

And no, i DO believe my arguments. If i did not, i would not make them.

I think you just perfectly illustrated why taking money from foreign powers staying in Trump's properties is wrong.

No, thats not what i illustrated at all. I illustrated the difference between a bribe and a innocent exchange and being real with those who pretend to give gifts.

Good job!

Ya, bad job for you twisting what i illustrated.

In your opinion, there is nothing wrong with it.
The law says otherwise.

No, in YOUR opinion theres something wrong with it. The law says otherwise.

And your interpretation of that law is WRONG.