• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
What animal or human were you in a prior life if you adhere to such beliefs and what makes you feel this?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
From Meher Baba's teachings, all minerals, all plants, all animals and finally 8,400,000 lives in human form sooner or later. In other words, everything and all possible humans until the journey is done.

I have two very vague feelings. One is the first time I went to India, I stepped off the plane and felt "home". Another is from Germany. But with so many lives, basically everywhere at one time or another assuming I've had human form enough times.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I was/am the Land, Sea, and Sky
I was/am all Beings of this Earth
I was/am perpetually consuming and consumed.
Such is the way of the Weave.

Source - studying a lot of science and the nature of change.

christos

Some sort of scholar dude who likes learning
What animal or human were you in a prior life if you adhere to such beliefs and what makes you feel this?
Of course if eternal I’ve been everything, multiple times, but ofcourse I wouldn’t know as currently I have THIS human material brain, and the memories and experiences OF THIS LIFE

I wouldn’t know if I was anything else, as this brain doesn’t or hasn’t stored those eternal infinite experiences

I think my most recent life MAY be a young boy in Europe
As I’ve had OBE and played on a cobblestone street, and a woman came out in an apron, the front door had a tin roofed awening, and she called me in for dinner

(This isn’t the only experience I’ve had, I’ve had many)

Muffled

Jesus in me
I do not believe in transmigration of spirits into animals according to what God told me only humans have the physical capacity to receive a spirit.
I suspect that I do not remember my most recent previous life. I came down from Heaven and most likely was there because my previous life was traumatic and I needed a rest from evil. The previous life to that one I was a Russian peasant teenager and shot in the back during a war.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Don't know. Not animal.

If I am eternal, then I have lived many thousands of lives. Men, women, gay, straight, criminal, cop, ... you name it.
I believe that is not proper logic. There is nothing about eternal life that guarantees physical life.

VoidCat

Use any and all pronouns including neo and it/it's
I believe as I know how it works you could accompany a cat by being near the cat but you could not connect to its brain and actually live as the cat.
Thats fine. Petplay pet regression, and being a furry is fun enough so is mental shape shifting...

Im catlike enough

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Reincarnation usually implies being born again as a human. Buddhists believe in the possibility of being born as an animal - that is usually referred to as transmigration of a soul rather than reincarnation.

I am a Hindu and I believe I was a human in my last life and will be a human again in my next.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
Reincarnation usually implies being born again as a human. Buddhists believe in the possibility of being born as an animal - that is usually referred to as transmigration of a soul rather than reincarnation.

I am a Hindu and I believe I was a human in my last life and will be a human again in my next.
A different human?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I'm a strong believer in reincarnation, but only human to human for the intact "soul/spirit." I also don't believe in any remembrances, at least not past the personality development stage of infancy. I don't believe the conscious mind survives material decay as the subconscious does, and that each life's ego/personality over-rides anything remaining from the previous. Although I do believe the subconscious retains all good gained from each and every life lived, and sheds all negative as karma brings balance with its restitution.

Eventually, IMB, we will achieve the level that the "soul/spirit" of the man known as Jesus reached, and we too, as the story tells us, will have our "final" resurrection and complete our reincarnation cycle.