• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

relgion and y its hard for me to belive

Archer

ok so every time i get in to a talk with ne religious person they never give me a real answer to what i say its alway you just have to have faith

from this

well if it teaches about a unseen person it means nothing to me just like if i told you god came to me and said all of iran will die on the 1st you would think im a fool

to this

Perhaps you never had a question and all you wanted to do was drag others down with you.

Did you have difficulty understanding what I had written? I said above that you think it is better because of who you are. Which is fine. However, objectively it doesn't make his opinion better than mine or that of my secular Jewish step father, or my Syriac Christian neighbor. It all comes down to experiences. Ours are completely different therefore our conclusions are going to be different.

Honestly I couldn't care less if you believe in God or not.
but look how foolish he makes religious people look

Andal

resident hypnotist

Do you think I really care if one comedian or two (if you count Bill Mawr) portrays religious people as foolish. Why would I care about his opinion? I know as a person who is finishing a doctorate and who has traveled the world, that I am indeed not foolish.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

Have you seen any of the videos posted by this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OLPL5p0fMg

I think he does a great job putting superstition in its place.

Tell you what, since it's clear that you have no intention of improving your credibility with proper grammar, watch this video, and I'll watch Carlin's. Don't worry; he's an atheist.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Well, I just watched the video, possibly violating the terms. I couldn't wait any longer; I had to see what he had to say.

My position on God is unchanged. However, I agree fully with Carlin that the God he described, that is, the invisible man in the sky who watches over everything, does not exist. That is not the Supreme Reality: that's a form of the Personal God, who only exists within the psyche.

I agree that it is illogical to send someone to a place of eternal torture, yet to love said person at the same time. That's a contradiction that, as far as I can tell, cannot be reconciled.

It seems that Carlin is confusing religion with superstition, however: a common mistake. His position seems wholly based on the narrow-minded side of Christianity, rather than religion as a whole.

In other words, his argument is flawed from the beginning if he was really trying to make a point about religion in general.