• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion isn't easy!

IAMIAM

I have created a riddle that for the life of me cannot be answered.

What is the word that names the thing that comes before the word that names the thing.

So, I am left silent on that one...

Another conundrum that has lead to a revelation of sorts...

Man is a word, words represent ideas, therefore man is an idea within an idea within and idea within an idea...

It is my proof for the existence of God.

These are the impossible things that make me go hmmm.

What am I?

freethinker44

In your own pursuit of truths, what has been particularly challenging for you?

Being human. It's hard to find truth when I wasn't built to understand it.

What hurdles did you stumble over time and again on your path, be it theistic or atheistic?

Again, being human. Limited sensory perception, having a brain optimized to survive locally in a very non-local universe, etc... Stumbled over inadequate tools to perceive truth, I guess you could say.

How did you overcome the challenge, if you have?

Haven't overcome it. Still human.

What are some things you are still struggling with?

The human thing still gets in the way. The most annoying part is all the extra thought that needs to go in to something to decide whether it is true or whether I just want it to be true. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference.