• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious Conferences

MotoEric

Hi,

Has anyone attended any of the uber-huge-religious conferences that are out there?

Do these events ever have outside vendors? People selling shirts or cd's or such?

Thanks. Any help is very much appreciated.

Eric

MotoEric

I'm sorry that I can't be more specific, but your experience helps a lot. Thanks for answering.

I guess I meant things like Promise Keepers but really, any large, stadium size grouping of Christians would fit my purposes.

Thanks for posting!

Eric

MotoEric

Jonny, why did you have to go and post that link? That guy freaked me out! Does he think he is accomplishing anything? Yikes.

I'm trying to see if there is a market at large, Christian gatherings for family oriented games.

I've worked for some of the largest manufacturers in the hobby-game industry (people that make stuff like Pokemon and Magic: The Gathering) and it seems that the Christian demographic is ignored. It would be nice to be able to create and market a quality game (or two, or three) that didn't celebrate nihilism and didn't promote anti-Christian ideals.

Eric

jonny

That sounds like a good idea. I would be that there is a market for that. I know that there are a lot of games for LDS Families. If there is a market for that, there has got to be a market for Christianity in general.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Jonny, why did you have to go and post that link? That guy freaked me out! Does he think he is accomplishing anything? Yikes.

I'm trying to see if there is a market at large, Christian gatherings for family oriented games.

I've worked for some of the largest manufacturers in the hobby-game industry (people that make stuff like Pokemon and Magic: The Gathering) and it seems that the Christian demographic is ignored. It would be nice to be able to create and market a quality game (or two, or three) that didn't celebrate nihilism and didn't promote anti-Christian ideals.

You might want to consider connecting with the homeschoolers as well. There's a large percentage of homeschooling parents that would be interested in such a thing. They provide good word of mouth also.