• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious experiences I would like to share

christos

Some sort of scholar dude who likes learning
Now I think is the right category for this sort of sharing and discussion

Potentially I open myself to a lot of various views here and that’s OK

I suppose I should begin by stating, I actually have no clue what ACTUALLY occurs in any religious experience or even if religious experience ACTUALLY occurs

I have no clue, BUT to me these things are real

Regardless of evidence, and arguments of subjectivity, firstly everything is subjective fundamentally, but secondly, although anecdotal, these ARE MY REAL EXPERIENCES, to me, my brain, my experience

Wether they are real or not, doesn’t actually matter to me, as they changed my life for the better

BUT being anecdotal, of course I can’t weigh, or measure to the satisfaction as to “prove” these things happened to me, I am my own witness

So I don’t want this stupidly long so I’ll hop about a bit
But I’ll and stay somewhat chronological

As a kid I would have night terrors, which my mum recalled to me later on I was screaming out that demons and monsters were chasing me

As the night terrors subsided I began to have very lucid experiences, and always knew they were going to happen as my heartbeat would beat in my left ear, loudly

The most memorable lucid dream I had for years was flying above a conservatory (I’d never seen a conservatory) and in the conservatory from above, I see a black dog, a family and a blonde girl
And I didn’t think anything of it until I was an adult when I met my now wife and mother of my daughter
I went to her house… conservatory, black dog, blonde woman

I always wondered if it was precognition…

Anyway back as a kid, I had experiences such as a blue lady coming to visit me, shadow people, OBEs floating down my stairs, but one in particular

An OBE that repeated for years
Pulled out, I saw my house, saw the Earth, and before I knew it I’m in an infinite, hyperbolic marble hall, archways everywhere, and in the distant a fairly modest chair, raised up on a platform

With me was a being of light, later I believed him to be Michael

And he said to me, you cannot see them yet, but they’re there, you must first live, take this, a sword to combat dark, a shield to protect light

And with that I’d zip back home, and wake up

No idea what it meant…

I’d have general experiences such as expanding outwards, ballooning up, euphoric, until I’d be convinced the Earth was contained within me

One experience was deeply frightening, sleep paralysis… but in this case I’d see swarms of wasps around me, the moment I was able to move I would swat at the air, only to realise there were no wasps at all

Instead a state between being awake and asleep…

I had LOADS of said experiences…
But none more powerful than when my dad passed away

I realised then and there, when he took his last breath that what I was looking at was no different than an empty car, and the driver was elsewhere

Later When it was time to pay my last respects, I had it in my head, I must see him, I must forgive him, he must know I love him and he will be missed

As I walked to the funeral parlour, I had a wall on my left, no cars around me, no one walking behind me, no walking in front of me, no one to the right of me (I look around a lot as Im a very nervous person)

And out of nowhere I get a sense of someone near me, and in my left ear (where a brick wall was) I hear, alright Chris, are you sure you want to see me?

And I thought instantly, that was my dad, he sounds young and healthy, strong, happy and he’s acknowledged the body, his body

I go in, there he is, I say what I need to say and man alive the upwards pull was unreal, I felt so light

I get home and in the garden, I look up, clear blue skies, not a cloud anywhere and suddenly it goes pinkish red, and in the sky two clouds form, and the gap between them got wider

And I’m the gap was this bright bright red and gold and silver, it was swirling, it was electric, it was energetic, and it was like a download, you forgave me, and so I’m now in here

I stood there crying in absolute awe, and when I got myself together I went to the pub with my now wife for a drink

Whilst there a song came on (I searched for this song FOR TEN YEARS after this moment)

There’s only one way, to tell you, just three words for you, I love you

I absolutely died inside and couldn’t bear it
I just had to go home and just thought maybe I was tired, stressed, grieving, just tripping

Anyway many years later, many experiences later and one in particular was interesting in that during meditation, two beings of light entered my room, and said, here he is, he knows, he’s an I AM, he knows we’re here

With that they just dissipated…
And I just didn’t think much of it, again thinking well perhaps I was tired, perhaps my mind was playing tricks, perhaps I’m just tripping

Ofcourse I could speak of other various experiences I’ve had… but I’m already on the verge of writing a short novel here, so I’ll leave it as that for now…

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing. I am a believer that these types of experiences can involve the reality beyond the physical plane.