• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

religious people why did you join?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Cause this question is always asked of the none religious. I mean you already have a religion and preaching is against the rules. so why did you join?

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Cause this question is always asked of the none religious. I mean you already have a religion and preaching is against the rules.

I joined because I was seeking and wish to continue to learn about other POVs and paths. The search and love for knowledge keeps me going. Plus, I've grown accustomed to many RF'ers here. :D

so why did question is always asked of the none religious join?

Because people who ask this think they are being clever in asking such an asinine question. That or they're being facetious/trolling.

SkylarHunter

Cause this question is always asked of the none religious. I mean you already have a religion and preaching is against the rules. so why did question is always asked of the none religious join?

Because I work stupid hours and I thought I could have a virtual social life. :p

Iti oj

Premium Member
I joined because I was seeking and wish to continue to learn about other POVs and paths. The search and love for knowledge keeps me going. Plus, I've grown accustomed to many RF'ers here. :D

Because people who ask this think they are being clever in asking such an asinine question. That or they're being facetious/trolling.
Well if we compare the data from both threads I expect to similar results and to demonstrate we are all just people! I may of had trollish intent when posting this....trollish is a word?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Because I like to do this:
3898460-8864152835-

Which occasionally leads to this:
jon-stewart-popcorn.gif

Then eventually this:
bruce-almighty-typing-o.gif

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I mean you already have a religion and preaching is against the rules.

It is telling that you seem to assume the only reason a religious person would participate in a religions forum is to proselytize and convert, considering these activities are pretty much confined to certain segments of Christianity and Islam plus a handful of NRMs. Oh yes, I forget. In the Western world, "religion" is a euphemism for classical monotheistic proselytizing dogmatic organized religions.

But refer to the signature if you must know this one's reasons. I think humanity's search for truth and meaning is incredibly important and a topic worthy of conversation, understanding, and learning.

so why did question is always asked of the none religious join?

Probably because it's perplexing. It's analogous to someone who is disinterested in sports registering for a web forum that discusses sports. It quite understandably begs "Why?"

Though honestly, I don't know anybody who isn't religious, so I would not personally ask this particular question. Everybody has some sort of system from which they derive personal meaning and their way of life from. Whether or not they actually call it their religion is unimportant to me; the function is equivalent.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It is telling that you seem to assume the only reason a religious person would participate in a religions forum is to proselytize and convert, considering these activities are pretty much confined to certain segments of Christianity and Islam plus a handful of NRMs. Oh yes, I forget. In the Western world, "religion" is a euphemism for classical monotheistic proselytizing dogmatic organized religions.

This.

I joined in part to dispel that myth. Not sure if our joint efforts at this has had any effect though, as it continues to be a reoccurring theme. I wish it weren't so.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Oh my. Thank you for reading past the typos.I don't even know how that happened.

Chetan_C

I joined because I want to clear my doubts regarding all religious poojas and their vidhis. I think this is the right place to clear all my doubts. :)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I joined because I want to clear my doubts regarding all religious poojas and their vidhis. I think this is the right place to clear all my doubts. :)

Poojas is worship. Yidhis is more difficult. Is it a person's destiny by a goddess? But no one will ever know which worship causes what destiny.

Treks

I was invited by a member. I joined to talk about, and try to answer questions about, Sikhi. I also hoped to meet more Sikhs. Turns out they're a bit of a minority here.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I was invited by a member. I joined to talk about, and try to answer questions about, Sikhi. I also hoped to meet more Sikhs. Turns out they're a bit of a minority here.

Give it time, make more threads and use tags, this will lead more people here.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Cause this question is always asked of the none religious. I mean you already have a religion and preaching is against the rules. so why did you join?

to inform others of the bibles viewpoint on matters concerning God and Faith and Christ and the Kingdom of God from the JW perspective.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
To encourage people not to take the narrow viewpoint of "mine is right and others are wrong", especially since this is an area whereas objective evidence is mostly lacking.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Probably because it's perplexing. It's analogous to someone who is disinterested in sports registering for a web forum that discusses sports. It quite understandably begs "Why?"
They're not disinterested; they're non-participants. And to use your sports analogy, you'd never ask "if you're not a professional baseball player, why would you join a forum about major league baseball?"

But I think a better analogy is politics: asking why someone who's non-religious would be interested in talking about religion is a lot like asking why a libertarian would be interested in talking about politics.