• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

religious people why did you join?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Probably because it's perplexing. It's analogous to someone who is disinterested in sports registering for a web forum that discusses sports. It quite understandably begs "Why?"

Atheists are commonly well-versed in religion. Not sure where you'd get the idea they're neccessarily disinterested.
Besides, religion is a powerful force in the world regardless of the truth it holds. That speaks both to its nature and OUR nature as humans.

Though honestly, I don't know anybody who isn't religious, so I would not personally ask this particular question. Everybody has some sort of system from which they derive personal meaning and their way of life from. Whether or not they actually call it their religion is unimportant to me; the function is equivalent.

That is something I've both heard and been perplexed by before. We all have our own morals, but denoting this as religious appears strange to me.
I'd be at a loss to describe my own 'religion' in this sense, and the lack of that ability suggests to me that I'm not religious.
But then, I get confused by certain definitions of God as well. I don't worry about it too much, just find it...well...confusing. I don't get why people stretch definitions beyond general acceptance when there are other ways to describe the same thing.

Sarah23*

Well i generally joined because i want to learn a bit more about different religious beliefs and see the feedback answers of some atheists.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Though honestly, I don't know anybody who isn't religious, so I would not personally ask this particular question. Everybody has some sort of system from which they derive personal meaning and their way of life from. Whether or not they actually call it their religion is unimportant to me; the function is equivalent.
"We are here to help the Vietnamese because inside every **** is an American trying to get out." - Colonel in Full Metal Jacket

Chetan_C

Poojas is worship. Yidhis is more difficult. Is it a person's destiny by a goddess? But no one will ever know which worship causes what destiny.

Hey savagewind, you are absolutely right. Puja is our dedication towards God. Act of Puja always satisfy man's internal power. It is a focal point for honouring and communicating with the God.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
That is something I've both heard and been perplexed by before. We all have our own morals, but denoting this as religious appears strange to me.
I'd be at a loss to describe my own 'religion' in this sense, and the lack of that ability suggests to me that I'm not religious.
But then, I get confused by certain definitions of God as well. I don't worry about it too much, just find it...well...confusing. I don't get why people stretch definitions beyond general acceptance when there are other ways to describe the same thing.

You would also be mistaken to assume a certain meaning to religious ideas when ,say, I use them. Oftenly, in discussions, those who I am debating with are clearly using different definitions.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Because delusion is fascinating
sst5EVc.jpg

I came to provide and discussion religion and demon worship backed with substantiated
information's and facts while stitchin my sides.

Beats hunting down the local pagan community... there seems to be one here. In my
last town the lynch mob chased me out of there was a full fledged witch coven, you could
feel the evil in your knees ten mile away.

I can bare with the lameness of this place. 350 sinners online, nobody blaspheming.. Complete cockamamie.

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
First off, I'm not really 'religious'. Secondly, I don't preach. Thirdly, I take a more religious stance here because it is the 'religious forums'. It often sort of puzzles and amuses me when other members assume I'm 'religious' when I talk about Jesus and other topics, does someone have to be "religious" to speak of these things? No of course not.
Good point, I've argued positions I don't hold. It's a great way to learn.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
You would also be mistaken to assume a certain meaning to religious ideas when ,say, I use them. Oftenly, in discussions, those who I am debating with are clearly using different definitions.

Right. I can see that. But if I can't describe what my 'religion' is, in the sense Quintessence meant, I find it hard to accept any description of it as religious as being accurate. However, its not something I've thought about to any great degree, so I'm open to arguments.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Good point, I've argued positions I don't hold. It's a great way to learn.

I respect peoples religious beliefs, when I argue 'Christian' points for example, I try to argue what I believe to be traditional, authentic, Christianity, not my own "take on things".

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Right. I can see that. But if I can't describe what my 'religion' is, in the sense Quintessence meant, I find it hard to accept any description of it as religious as being accurate. However, its not something I've thought about to any great degree, so I'm open to arguments.

Ah, I see, true, because I also wouldn't describe myself as religious, even though I hold beliefs that can be related to religions.

Etritonakin

We all see the same reality from different perspectives.

I want to see everything and everyone.

I want to see everything as it should be.

I want to see everyone as they should be.

Parsimony

I came here to investigate a hunch: that is, that the (claimed) supernatural evidences in favor of Christianity (prophecy, miracles, exorcisms, feeling the divine, etc.) were present in other religions as well.

Cureus

I got in a punchup with an alter boy, left the church, and never looked back. Recently Ive had time to reflect on things and so Im here now. Ive also got a hunch about spirituality.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Cause this question is always asked of the none religious. I mean you already have a religion and preaching is against the rules. so why did you join?

- Sharing of knowledge
- Debate
- Analysis of the religious sources

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Cause this question is always asked of the none religious. I mean you already have a religion and preaching is against the rules. so why did you join?
I joined primarily to clear up misconceptions people have about my religion, not to convince them that I'm right and they're wrong. I also joined because I have a genuine interest in finding commonalities between different religions.