• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious/spiritual folk: do you mind that atheists are common on RELIGIOUS forums?

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello.

I joined this site when I was hyper religious. Now I am not religious. Yet, I don’t feel out of place as an atheist/agnostic, because there are plenty of atheists here who will sometimes (often imo) dominate the conversation in religious threads.

Do you spiritual and religious folk mind the constant input of atheists? I see some of you saltily bring it up at times, so I wanted to make a thread where we can discuss it.

Please feel free to be open and honest!
It comes down to personality, so no.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
You can only check the box if its a religion you actually adhere to.

For example, if I clicked 'Christian', it would be a rule violation. I'm not actually a Christian. Just clicking the box to give myself permissions isn't allowed.
Noted

Jimmy

Veteran Member

For example, if I clicked 'Christian', it would be a rule violation. I'm not actually a Christian. Just clicking the box to give myself permissions isn't allowed.
Noted

Those are the words that others used when I first came to this website. “That you don’t belong to”. In my mind that meant checking boxes not literally belonging. Belong to is a little misleading.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Noted
Those are the words that others used when I first came to this website. “That you don’t belong to”. In my mind that meant checking boxes not literally belonging. Belong to is a little misleading.
If you would not use the title to identify yourself when someone asks "what religion are you?" you should not select it as a DIR.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hello.

I joined this site when I was hyper religious. Now I am not religious. Yet, I don’t feel out of place as an atheist/agnostic, because there are plenty of atheists here who will sometimes (often imo) dominate the conversation in religious threads.

Do you spiritual and religious folk mind the constant input of atheists? I see some of you saltily bring it up at times, so I wanted to make a thread where we can discuss it.

Please feel free to be open and honest!
The site is named "Religious Forum" but it is so much more than that. I could spend hours each day only reading the post in the politics, science, philosophy and jokes sections. And the religious have their safe spaces in the religious DIR sections.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I've noted that anti-theists(not atheists) are generally Abrahamic in the views, which is somewhat ironic.

I can't talk with them most of the time, because they don't hear what I'm saying. My views aren't Abrahamic, so most of them don't seem able to compute what I'm talking about.

As a non-Abrahamic atheist and an understanding of religion not centered on the idea of God, I also have trouble with the anti-theists.

Audie

Veteran Member
I find the input of informed theists particularly valuable. I also find that "better informed" folks tend not to characterize some group as being "more [or less] enlightened."
Ever find an informed theist with informed
objections to ToE?