• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remember when Obama...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Libertarians always settle for republican. Because they are both corporate driven.
Really?
I rarely vote other than Libertarian.
Had the Dems run Bernie instead of Hilda, I'd have voted for him.
So you're proven wrong.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like that analogy. Except, in my case, the Conservatives are a 500# gorilla trying to tell me how evil I am and how I'm going to corrupt the youth and tear apart the moral fabrics of society, and the Liberals as the other gorilla whose gaggy and puky kumbaya crap that would rather see me as a disadvantaged minority that has to be in this repressed box (as if I need reminding) before a regular person.
I sympathize.....your concerns make Pubs the greater threat.
To me, they both pose threats.....and opportunities for improvement.
So when they fight with each other, I can no more brand one good or evil than I can the weather.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think Trump tapped into some raw emotions felt by a great many, but voting primarily on sheer emotion all too often doesn't pan out to well-- just ask the Germans.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Much more credible and the responsible choice. I won't vote republican until they have middle class policies.
I know.
The very fact that you find her the "credible" & "responsible" choice is disturbing.
Many of us held our nose when voting for one or the other.
But you exude enthusiasm.
The election results must've been particularly painful for you.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I know.
The very fact that you find her the "credible" & "responsible" choice is disturbing.
Many of us held our nose when voting for one or the other.
But you exude enthusiasm.
The election results must've been particularly painful for you.
I feel like all the Hillary hate is really about billy boy or just misinformation. Trump has proven to be just as dangerous as dems expected. I sure didn't think trump would keep us out of wars, I'm not that optimistic, just cause he had "no record", he does have a mouth though.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I feel like all the Hillary hate is really about billy boy or just misinformation.
Could be related to Bill, but it would vary with the individual.
There's also plenty'o cromulent info which made Hilda unattractive (as leader).
Trump has proven to be just as dangerous as dems expected. I sure didn't think trump would keep us out of wars, I'm not that optimistic, just cause he had "no record", he does have a mouth though.
Dems needed to expect the worst from Trump, eh?
It's how many made Hillary feel acceptable.
But The Donald is not even close to their predictions that he's Hitler reincarnated.
Many of'm also ranked Reagan & Bush with Hitler.
They were wrong.
And I'll bet your left one that they'll be wrong this time too.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Could be related to Bill, but it would vary with the individual.
There's also plenty'o cromulent info which made Hilda unattractive (as leader).

Dems needed to expect the worst from Trump, eh?
It's how many made Hillary feel acceptable.
But The Donald is not even close to their predictions that he's Hitler reincarnated.
Many of'm also ranked Reagan & Bush with Hitler.
They were wrong.
And I'll bet your left one that they'll be wrong this time too.
They don't need to expect the worst but if they did, Trump is fulfilling it. He doesn't have to be hitler, but being a fascist dictator like leader is close enough to be disturbing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They don't need to expect the worst but if they did, Trump is fulfilling it. He doesn't have to be hitler, but being a fascist dictator like leader is close enough to be disturbing.
Where is the fascism?
I see an awful lot of posturing, yelling, & such....but how have we lost liberty & democracy?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Not even. In it's way, this is genius. If you can convince a group of people who can make you their King that everyone who questions you is their enemy, and then make sure that enemy is unable to point out the truth to them by silencing them (even through circumvention) you'll rule forever.
Well, it's happened before. Do you think it's a good idea, then? Wasn't that actually what the "checks and balances" were designed to try and circumvent?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
So when they fight with each other, I can no more brand one good or evil than I can the weather.
Maybe we'll get lucky and we can watch them slug it out and beat each other senseless one day. Liberals are usually the anti-gunners, so it wouldn't be too interesting to watch, but I'd kick them under the bus in a heartbeat for political/social gains if the opportunity presented itself. So, either way, I wouldn't shed a tear to see this modern contemporary Liberal movement killed off.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
US may not be fascist but Trump is, which is probably why so many have issues with him on both sides.
I think he leans in that direction, and for these reasons:

he cannot tolerate any questioning of his authority.

he acts like he's a petulant business owner whereas he can dictate to and fire people at will.

he will not admit fault nor apologize, which is exactly the same trait Hitler had.

he admires autocratic "powerful" leaders like Putin and Saddam Hussein, and has stated as such.

he has said he's willing to use brute force, including carpet bombing areas where there are civilians and also wondering why we shouldn't use our nukes.

etc.