• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rep. Katie Hill scandal

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I didn’t say she was. I actually have no clue if she was or was not. I don’t know much about her. I have no idea why she got this tattoo, when or under what circumstances. I have no idea what this tattoo means to her.

Are you accusing her of being a white supremacist?

Nope, please don't put words in my mouth. This is a common tattoo among Aryan Nation types...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
We've got much bigger "fish" to fry. And I for one am tired of pretend Victorian morality when what is going on happens with so many different people who are not visible to the media.

I thought the timing of it was interesting, due to the whole impeachment thing. Now, it's one less Democratic vote. I figured that someone must be working overtime to dig up dirt on Democrats in Congress.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Inappropriate workplace behavior. Makes one wonder though what else politicians are doing behind closed doors when they think no one is watching.

Yes, although depending on what they're doing and who they're doing it with, they can really open themselves up to these kinds of situations - especially when there's jilted lovers and angry husbands involved. Someone is going to spill the beans.

Shad

Veteran Member
Are you accusing her of being a white supremacist?

This is what some in the "media" are putting forward. It is a pure opportunistic play banking on ignorance, pop-history and a lack of a response by Hill. The Iron Cross has been used for over a century dating back to Prussia before there was a Germany. The German military still awards the Iron Cross today even with all the laws against Nazism.

shmogie

I'm not defending her as far as any adultery or coercion goes, but I notice that republicans only seem to be outraged by such behavior when it's a democrat, but when it's one of their own they're mysteriously silent or dismissive about it. Of course these same people wear their faith on their sleeve as if god abides their blatant hypocrisy.
Trump supporters don't have the right to play the moral indignation card.
I never mentioned her party, why is it important to you ? Hypocrisy, really ? How is that ?

I am not outraged, I am amused.

Seems to me you were looking for an opportunity to shoot your mouth off, and thought you found one.

Better luck next time.

Shad

Veteran Member
I thought the timing of it was interesting, due to the whole impeachment thing. Now, it's one less Democratic vote. I figured that someone must be working overtime to dig up dirt on Democrats in Congress.

That is why it is news. Enough of "scandal" is true and the timing is right. Same with Kav and Trump. A lot of the issues brought up died once it was clear that whatever scandal had no real impact. No one will care about Hill in a few months.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
We've got much bigger "fish" to fry. And I for one am tired of pretend Victorian morality when what is going on happens with so many different people who are not visible to the media.

Nah, there's more to it, though. People in positions of power having sex with underlings is pretty close to slippery slope stuff interns of coercion.
Equally, government officials doing things which are blackmail worthy can be problematic.

I get what you mean, and I could care less about open relationships, or whatever else. I still think this is more than mere Victorian morality.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Context is everything.
Well, that was my point.
It's like when Dems decried Clinton's impeachment as a "lynching".
They didn't consider that to be racially charged. But they do when
Trump uses the same term. Context is all, eh.

Caution:
I don't say the Pubs are better....only that double
standards are an amusing affliction. As for the
salacious scandal de jour, it's good juicy gossip.

Last edited: