• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter claims to have uncovered ‘smoking-gun proof’ linking Oswald to the CIA

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My position, given I am mostly sceptical about nearly all conspiracy theories, is that there are enough grey areas surrounding this incident so as to be suspicious of official explanations - from the fact that the 'killer' was killed himself before coming to trial, that the autopsy was not exactly cut-and-dried (with 'missing' bits apparently), that there were more than enough enemies of JFK (and capable of carrying out such a successful operation), that there were possibly more shots fired, and that there is sufficient reason to believe a cover-up might have occurred.
I would like someone to give me a rational explanation why Ruby shot and killed Oswald, just before the trial.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't need the expertise to figure out that what my eyes can see is two shots from two opposite directions.
Because in that slow motion footage you do see the bullets before entering JFK's body.
I have 10/10 eyesight.
No, you are only letting your demonstrated ignorance guide you.
I am not saying that Oswald was not in on it.
He probably was.
What I am saying is that there was, at least, a second shooter on the grassy knoll.
And some say there was even a third shooter.
If there was he missed.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't need the expertise to figure out that what my eyes can see is two shots from two opposite directions.
Because in that slow motion footage you do see the bullets before entering JFK's body.
I have 10/10 eyesight. No color blindness, I can distinguish 10 shades of red and 10 of green.
Human eyesight is not good enough to do that even if you had 20/20 eyesight. And no, you cannot see the bullets before they enter. Now you have shown that you do not understand photography.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Why would you expect a rational one? People are often irrational. Ruby shot Oswald for emotional reasons, not rational ones.

Which are?
Was he in love with JFK?
Or maybe he was obeying someone else?
Do you know that Oswald would have died anyway with the death penalty?
That murder had the only and exclusive effect to prevent him from speaking before a jury.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Human eyesight is not good enough to do that even if you had 20/20 eyesight. And no, you cannot see the bullets before they enter. Now you have shown that you do not understand photography.

If I needed to use a 0.25 speed, it means that car was going pretty fast.
So it's impossible that someone from a window can hit the target (a moving car) with such precision.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Which is?
Was he in love with JFK?
Or maybe he was obeying someone else? Like Saint Lyndon Immaculate, Virgin and Martyr...?
That murder had the only and exclusive effect to prevent him from speaking before a jury.
He could have loved Kennedy. And yes, it was an act that only had negative consequences. It was an irrational act. What rational conspiracy theory (now that is a contradiction in terms) do you have for his shooting of Oswald? One does not exist.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If I needed to use a 0.25 speed, it means that car was going pretty fast.
So it's impossible that someone from a window can hit the target (a moving car) with such precision.
No, that is not the definition of "pretty fast". That was not a difficult shot at all. The car was not moving erratically. It was driving at a rather constant speed. That means it is hardly any different from a stationary shot.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
He could have loved Kennedy. And yes, it was an act that only had negative consequences. It was an irrational act. What rational conspiracy theory (now that is a contradiction in terms) do you have for his shooting of Oswald? One does not exist.

I have said it. Because he did know who fired the deadly shot. He did know and he would have mentioned his name before a jury and before a judge. And so , Jack Ruby needed to silence him by killing him. It was an evident execution with the complicity of many people there.
I have so much material about the Kennedys' murders that I know what I am talking about.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No, that is not the definition of "pretty fast". That was not a difficult shot at all. The car was not moving erratically. It was driving at a rather constant speed. That means it is hardly any different from a stationary shot.
Tell me what you mean by pretty fast. In mile per hour (I understand km/H better, but it's ok:))

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have said it. Because he did know who fired the deadly shot. He did know and he would have mentioned his name before a jury and before a judge. And so , Jack Ruby, who was probably hired by Saint Lyndon himself, needed to silence him by killing him. It was an evident execution with the complicity of many people there.
I have so much material about the Kennedys' murders that I know what I am talking about.
That is not a rational reason. Look at the consequences to himself. Do you think that he dreamt that he could get away with it?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That is not a rational reason. Look at the consequences to himself. Do you think that he dreamt that he could get away with it?

Perhaps the person who hired him rewarded his family.

One question: do you believe the CIA was made up by saints? Or that LBJ was a saint?

Because Oswald's execution is just one among tens of executions before the trial to prevent witnesses or repented criminals to testify. Mobsters behave with specific patterns that are always identical (like killing the witness during his moving from a jail to a prison, or from the jail to the court). There is a devastating banality and repetitiveness in such patterns.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Tell me what you mean by pretty fast. In mile per hour (I understand km/H better, but it's ok:))
He was only going 11.2 mph. That is a fast jog. 18 kph. Or in proper metric a velocity of 5.0 m/s.
In proper football a quarterback will easily throw a pass to a player at that speed. It is easy to track something moving at constant speed. And the car was moving at a slow constant velocity.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Perhaps the person who hired him rewarded his family.

One question: do you believe the CIA was made up by saints? Or that LBJ was a saint?

Because Oswald's execution is just one among tens of executions before the trial to prevent witnesses or repented criminals to testify. Mobsters behave with specific patterns that are always identical (like killing the witness during his moving from a jail to a prison, or from the jail to the court). There is a devastating banality and repetitiveness in such patterns.
Now you are speculating wildly. And no, I do not believe that the CIA is made up of angels. So what?

I am rather disappointed. You implied that you could reason rationally here.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
He was only going 11.2 mph. That is a fast jog. 18 kph. Or in proper metric a velocity of 5.0 m/s.
In proper football a quarterback will easily throw a pass to a player at that speed. It is easy to track something moving at constant speed. And the car was moving at a slow constant velocity.

That is fast for me. :)
It was incredibly fast for Zapruder. And Zapruder was following the car.
So it was fast for someone who was supposed to hit the target from a building nearby.

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Now you are speculating wildly. And no, I do not believe that the CIA is made up of angels. So what?

I am rather disappointed. You implied that you could reason rationally here.
I am a rational and sensible person.
In the afterlife I know that God will disclose this mystery to me, and that suffices me.:)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Which are?
Was he in love with JFK?
Or maybe he was obeying someone else?

If I recall correctly, I think he said that he didn't want the widowed First Lady Jackie Kennedy to have to suffer through the pain and grief of Oswald's trial. Maybe he was lying, but it's hard to say. Oswald himself said that he didn't do it, and maybe he was lying about that, but he never got the opportunity to defend himself in court (although I think someone conceived a dramatization of a hypothetical trial of Lee Harvey Oswald).

I don't know how Jack Ruby might have really felt about JFK, although I do know that in Dallas, there were quite a few people who hated Kennedy. The right-wing was still pretty much against JFK and hated him vehemently. The KKK still had some strongholds in Texas, and JFK's stance on Civil Rights definitely did not win him many friends south of the Mason-Dixon Line. A lot of the militarists and hardline Cold Warriors were also against him, thinking he was too soft on communism (which was never really true, but that perception still persisted with a lot of people). J. Edgar Hoover absolutely detested the Kennedys - and Martin Luther King, for that matter.

So, with all these people on the right-wing seething with hatred for JFK, it does seem rather uncharacteristic that the purported assassin was a left-wing Marxist-Leninist. I don't think the Soviets or any of their allies would have benefited from Kennedy's death. Oswald is generally portrayed as a drifter and a failure - a bum who was probably mentally disturbed. The Soviets obviously had no use for him. He was a bum. But his name will be in the annals of history for generations to come.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If I recall correctly, I think he said that he didn't want the widowed First Lady Jackie Kennedy to have to suffer through the pain and grief of Oswald's trial. Maybe he was lying, but it's hard to say. Oswald himself said that he didn't do it, and maybe he was lying about that, but he never got the opportunity to defend himself in court (although I think someone conceived a dramatization of a hypothetical trial of Lee Harvey Oswald).

I don't know how Jack Ruby might have really felt about JFK, although I do know that in Dallas, there were quite a few people who hated Kennedy. The right-wing was still pretty much against JFK and hated him vehemently. The KKK still had some strongholds in Texas, and JFK's stance on Civil Rights definitely did not win him many friends south of the Mason-Dixon Line. A lot of the militarists and hardline Cold Warriors were also against him, thinking he was too soft on communism (which was never really true, but that perception still persisted with a lot of people). J. Edgar Hoover absolutely detested the Kennedys - and Martin Luther King, for that matter.

So, with all these people on the right-wing seething with hatred for JFK, it does seem rather uncharacteristic that the purported assassin was a left-wing Marxist-Leninist. I don't think the Soviets or any of their allies would have benefited from Kennedy's death. Oswald is generally portrayed as a drifter and a failure - a bum who was probably mentally disturbed. The Soviets obviously had no use for him. He was a bum. But his name will be in the annals of history for generations to come.

A Jack Ruby who worked for LBJ...and saying that he killed Oswald because he worshipped JFK and his family is less credible than a 30 dollar bill....
really.
And by the way...Oswald would have got the death penalty anyway.
Of course if the jury of his peers had found him guilty.
That's what they wanted to avoid: that he could defend himself before a jury, as the law establishes.
Because he would have exposed the truth with the evidence.
That he was just a patsy (even if he was in on it).

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
A Jack Ruby who worked for LBJ...and saying that he killed Oswald because he worshipped JFK and his family is less credible than a 30 dollar bill....
really.
And by the way...Oswald would have got the death penalty anyway.
Of course if the jury of his peers had found him guilty.
That's what they wanted to avoid: that he could defend himself before a jury, as the law establishes.
Because he would have exposed the truth with the evidence.
That he was just a patsy (even if he was in on it).
The ease with which Ruby gained access to Oswald, plus the fact that it is unlikely that Ruby did have any affection for Kennedy, and that he had links to the mafia or mob, make me wonder. He was ill too apparently and didn't have long to live. All just too convenient. :oops:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The ease with which Ruby gained access to Oswald, plus the fact that it is unlikely that Ruby did have any affection for Kennedy, and that he had links to the mafia or mob, make me wonder. He was ill too apparently and didn't have long to live. All just too convenient. :oops:

Exactly.