• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reverts: What made you return to your faith after walking away?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Exactly what it says on the tin. What made you return to your previous faith after leaving it?

For me, it was getting over a deep sense of shame, depression and anxiety that I had developed over this previous year of school. The anxiety was created by extremely stressful life circumstances, but the depression and shame had been going on for a good while prior. I thought my Christianity was the cause of my self-doubt, depression and shame, when really these were personal issues that have been brewing since middle school, and are at least partially hereditary.

What made me able to embrace my Christianity again was recognizing that Christianity is meant to be a religion of hope and moving forward, not a religion of despair and being stuck in the same old rut.

So, fellow reverts, what about you?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
my current faith showed me that christianity isn't that bad, so now I have christianity as my second religion.
What do you consider your primary religion, out of curiosity? And how did it help you change your view of Christianity?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What made you return to your previous faith after leaving it?
I'm sortofa oddball on this (and my wife says many other things :(), but in my case I've reconnected with Catholicism, but not to actually convert back to it. If one reads my faith statement at the bottom of this post, they'll see where I'm coming from, but I also feel that religion and/or philosophy have importance in supplying us with direction and community that we often may need.

Gotta go for now-- back tomorrow-- take care.

syo

What do you consider your primary religion, out of curiosity? And how did it help you change your view of Christianity?
paganism is my primary religion. it helps me in this way. the gods are associated with elements of nature. a god for the sun, another for the moon, another for the seas and so on. all these gods live harmoniously with each other with love. the christian god is the god of love. so all the gods live in harmony in the name of the christian god, the trinity.

Saheim

Gratitude.

I looked at my life and realised - NO ONE is that lucky. The reality hit me that the situations I had REPEATEDLY been saved from were nothing short of miraculous (literally). Felt compelled to pay towards that debt, with devotion, and also got the feeling that God might one day decide it just isn't worth it to keep saving someone who continually shows a complete disregard for whether or not He even exists.