• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revisiting Jediism

nazz

Doubting Thomas
"You may be ignorant, but along with that ignorance is the knowledge of your ignorance, so you're never hopeless in your pursuit of knowledge."

I like the Sith code, but I think too many Sith in the stories don't understand the concept of victory and strength. Too many brutes and backstabbers, not enough leaders and honorable warriors. Darth Vader was a good example of a Sith. The Emperor...not so much.

that's why Vader eventually came back to the Light ;)

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
It is inconceivable to me why somebody would call themselves a "Jedi" instead of following one of the real Eastern religions? Daoism and Buddhist have so much more depth to them, contain real philosophy, metaphysics, ritual, etc. The force is decidedly not real, and if taken seriously, is merely a mockery of Eastern religion. Nothing I have seen on Star Wars can compare to a single verse in the Daodejing.

The force isn't exactly a mockery of it, it is simply similar or based off of a concept from (considerably all) Eastern religions.

I, personally, would find myself closer to a Jedi than a Buddhist, though closer to a Daoist than a Jedi (if not equally close, mainly pertaining to Stoicism).

nazz

Doubting Thomas
The force isn't exactly a mockery of it, it is simply similar or based off of a concept from (considerably all) Eastern religions.

I, personally, would find myself closer to a Jedi than a Buddhist, though closer to a Daoist than a Jedi (if not equally close, mainly pertaining to Stoicism).

I don't see the mockery either but I know a Taoist who thinks it is.