• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF redirecting to www.aspiescentral.com

Does this happen to anyone else?

It's happened to me twice now that I'm just normally browsing the forum and then get redirected to https://www.aspiescentral.com/. After this point any time I click on the forum, old links, bookmarks, etc it automatically redirects to this site.

If I clear my browser cache/cookies/etc. the problem disappears. No malware is being picked up on my system either.

First happened a few days ago, and just happened again now.

Is this just my computer or is it an issue with the forum?

Sees

Dragonslayer
Never happened to me.

:p "...everybody other than Jumi, now and then."

--------------

When it does happen it is a little annoying and confusing. Maintenance related...but not sure how to exactly describe the what or why my self.

Since we've had it brought up a number of times, I'm thinking we should probably post a sticky about it - at least temporarily/until the sites are no longer linked.

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
It's happened to me 3 times. In fact I almost signed up to that forum instead of this forum.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Never had it happen. Short of an affirmative from the Admin's here I would lay the blame at your computer's browsers feet. Something is not right when you get redirected.

Deidre

It happened to me for three days straight, and even showed in a google search as such. I cleared the chrome cache and also had to change something in settings and then extensions under the google chrome control panel, and it seemed to stop, now. Not sure if there was a connection, but I googled 'when a website is redirected to another one' and that was one of the advice posts that popped up.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I was wondering if this was intentional or not. Hasn't. happened to me. Not yet anyways aside from the intrusive pop ups.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I haven't had it happen (yet) but Turk was trying to get on here a little bit ago and never could as he kept getting redirected to that site. He just gave up entirely.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
It hasn't happened to me. For those who have had it happen, do you use Chrome? Or has it happened with Firefox?

It hasn't happened to me. For those who have had it happen, do you use Chrome? Or has it happened with Firefox?

Hmmmm, I recently switched to chrome from safari and it has happened twice since then. Never happened on safari, but I suppose this could just be coincidence (or not).

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a theory that this happens specifically on Chrome. I used to get redirect and pop up problems a lot on Chrome, not just with RF. Haven't had any issues since changing to Firefox.
Am looking to see if anyone has a contrary experience.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I've never had it happen and on my PC I use Maxthon and my Fire is Silk (crappy slow browser that Amazon makes you use and won't allow the download of any other).

Laika

Premium Member
I'm on FireFox and it hasn't happened to me. (I have settings which delete my browzer history so that may help).