• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF-Wide Political Compass

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I noticed the test changed significantly since last time. There used to be a middle option when answering. And I didn't recognize a lot of the questions. I guess differently-worded questions make for different answers.

I nearly fell for the Marxist one because I both didn't understand the quote and didn't know who said it. Good thing I checked. :relieved:
I suspect you're talking about the "From each according to his abilities..." quote. Marx borrowed it from the King James version of the Bible...

Christian communism - Wikipedia

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I suspect you're talking about the "From each according to his abilities..." quote. Marx borrowed it from the King James version of the Bible...

Christian communism - Wikipedia
Oh.

Ah, Karl, Karl, Karl. Couldn't even quote something from the Jewish Tanach? Had to completely toss away your Judaism? :D

As long as we're on this topic, I recently discovered that my late grandfather had an uncle that nobody really spoke about. He became a commie in the really early days of communism, changed his name to Leon and disappeared right around the time of the Bolshevik Revolution.

And nobody ever heard of him again...:ghost::ghost::ghost:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I have a problem with the question about a "truly free market must have regulations" which inherently and automatically means it is not a truley/purely whatever wording market, and the question about one party systems doing away with the bickering of a two party system, which is a valid statement because there is no two party bickering if there is a one party state but that doesn't mean it's necessarily a good idea.
It may be worded a little ambiguously, but we have to remember that nothing is really, truly "free" of some sort of rule -- or outcome. I'm free to step off the cliff, but after having done so, I'm not "free" to hover 100 feet off the ground. Gravity will impose that on me.

Likewise, I consider myself to be a "free" individual, and yet I must follow at least a few rules, or face some consequences. For example, I'm not permitted to take other people's property from them without their permission, or to do them physical harm. These restrictions do not make me feel less free.

In the same way, markets require a few rules. Things like blatantly false advertising, for instance, or selling stolen goods. Some companies sell products made in dangerous conditions at near slave wages in some parts of the world -- but as a person who reads labels, I am free not to buy them. And I don't.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.13

I am not a Communist or Marxist, though. I've considered it before, especially anarcho-communism, but ultimately I find it to be a pipedream.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 0

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
The first is what SPQR stands for, and means "the senate and the people of Rome". The second means "bread and circuses". Just wondering which Roman "policy" you'd prefer...:D
Oh, I know what they mean, just wasn't sure what you were asking. Lol. Given the choices, I'll take the former.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Not as long as Merkel's there lol.
upload_2020-10-14_23-9-40.png

Hey, one doesn't need to stick to the Harel-Merkel section. There's room over there by Churchill, or Hobbes, or...waitaminute, what is JOE BIDEN doing here?! :fearscream::fearful: